Sign in to follow this  
amauerbach

Innocence presale group is a joke - NO GA or Red Zone

As far as I can tell, they did not release a single extra ticket for the 2nd presale group. I've been a fan club member for years, and only ended up in the Innocence group because I forgot to renew in time. I was lucky enough to get "verified" - though who cares when there is not a single GA or Red Zone ticket available for our presale group. So absurd. Seriously - did anyone in the Innocence group get GA or Red Zone? Such a farce! After demanding an extra $40 for a membership that is still active just to have the chance to participate in this presale. The whole way they're doing the sales this time around is bound to alienate tons of long term fans. Nicely done, U2. Thanks for nothing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, amauerbach said:

As far as I can tell, they did not release a single extra ticket for the 2nd presale group. I've been a fan club member for years, and only ended up in the Innocence group because I forgot to renew in time. I was lucky enough to get "verified" - though who cares when there is not a single GA or Red Zone ticket available for our presale group. So absurd. Seriously - did anyone in the Innocence group get GA or Red Zone? Such a farce! After demanding an extra $40 for a membership that is still active just to have the chance to participate in this presale. The whole way they're doing the sales this time around is bound to alienate tons of long term fans. Nicely done, U2. Thanks for nothing.

28 minutes ago, Peteromalley said:

I got shut out in Boston, Nashville, Vegas and all of NYC.

I tried for Boston first 20 minutes or so everything was the  "$650 package tix"   then they opened up some tix , all were upper balcony  tix , I was able to pull up a single Lodge seat at one point , but no Pairs  ....

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, amauerbach said:

we all had the same problem in the Experience group yesterday. 5 seconds into the sale and no GA or Red Zone were available...But! you could purchase some super expensive ones instead!.....Ticket Master held those GA tickets back to sell to scalpers.....It was in the bigger cities, like New York, DC and Vegas.

I got in right away but GA was not even offered.  I got two nose bleed seats and paid $266.  I was so upset.  :(  

I know someone who pulled up GAs (not RZ) today for Nassau Coliseum for quite some time, maybe 30 min they were there. So there were a few at least. 

I got GA on my 4th try this morning for Atlanta. It didn't show as an option, then it did. Then the page got stuck and luckily I ended up with the two. 

Is it worth waiting for the 2nd/3rd shows declaration like they did during SOI. With 3 to 4 shows in major cities i think it is better to hold in case one is flexible in terms of the city they can go to.

Got shut out of Boston also.  No GA was available for the innocence group.   Hoping for another try if they add additional dates. If not this will be the first tour I miss since unforgettable fire.   Sad that fans have been shut out today this tour because of Ticketmaster taking over presales for the band 

15 hours ago, amauerbach said:

I was in the Innocence group (12+ year subscriber who accidentally let my subscription lapse a few years ago) and was able to get GA tickets in Atlanta pretty easily.  I actually really screwed up the buying process - grabbed reserved seats by mistake, and then couldn't figure out how to get them out of my cart (on the AXS website on my phone), but eventually was able to get a couple of GAs.

It seems like they release a small percentage of the tickets into each presale group (a sampling of the inventory throughout the venue).  It also seems like they don't drop it all at once, for some reason.  For the JT tour, I was initially unable to get GA, but then was able to get some maybe 15-20 minutes later, either due to more inventory becoming available or due to early buyers throwing them back into the pool (but it seemed like the former).

I think the lack of transparency about how all of these processes work (verification, code lottery, ticket release method) is contributing to the frustration for a bunch of people who are already super worked up about the whole thing.  All parties involved could do a better job of communicating - if we knew exactly what kind of system we were getting into, we might not like it, but at least we'd not be surprised by what's going on.

JRjr

It was no better for the Experience group.  10 AM on Tuesday....page doesn't reload.  10:01, still no reload.  10:02 page reloads and all GA are gone.

2 hours ago, Jerry Ray said:

I think the lack of transparency about how all of these processes work (verification, code lottery, ticket release method) is contributing to the frustration for a bunch of people who are already super worked up about the whole thing.  All parties involved could do a better job of communicating - if we knew exactly what kind of system we were getting into, we might not like it, but at least we'd not be surprised by what's going on.

JRjr

I could not agree more with this. 

After watching the experience group struggle, I knew not to have any expectations the next day...Seeing tickets being put up on Stubhub within 30min was equally disappointing.  We can't afford the $325 (+fees) tickets and we're not going to bother with the behind the stage seats that kept popping up yesterday when trying to find tickets (being legally blind, I don't need more ways to not be able to see something). I'm trying to be hopeful for additional dates or even the general sale. If it doesn't work out, I'm probably done with the fan club thing (on and off subscriber since Propaganda) as I'm not a collector anymore. I just want to see a show without breaking the bank and try to reconnect with the music and band that I've enjoyed more than any other for the past couple of decades. 

8 hours ago, mark92 said:

Got shut out of Boston also.  No GA was available for the innocence group.   Hoping for another try if they add additional dates. If not this will be the first tour I miss since unforgettable fire.   Sad that fans have been shut out today this tour because of Ticketmaster taking over presales for the band 

Same here, been going since UF & never had trouble getting Tix..I agree with everything you've said here! I started a thread to see if ANYONE scored Boston GA & haven't had anyone say so. All of social media I'm seeing is everyone getting shut out..I seriously think there were not Tix ,or maybe just a few

Got GA tickets for the opener in Tulsa within a minute of the start of the Innocence presale.  Probably the quickest TM transaction ever.

Husband got GA Tulsa in Experience and myself GA St Louis in Innocence (don't even mention that I missed my renew email and got knocked down to Innocence - bah). Those two were "easy". It seems like everywhere else was not.

I tried religiously both days for Vegas GA and there was not one.  It was literally the only reason paid the "renewal" fee.

Same here. Nothing for Nashville (and several others in the Innocence group had no success either).  What did we pay the membership fee for? 

On 11/16/2017 at 8:56 AM, UFDaisy said:

Same here, been going since UF & never had trouble getting Tix..I agree with everything you've said here! I started a thread to see if ANYONE scored Boston GA & haven't had anyone say so. All of social media I'm seeing is everyone getting shut out..I seriously think there were not Tix ,or maybe just a few

I got GA tix for Boston I'm in the Experience group..at first, it said No ticket s avail & I was like what the hey so I opened up the page again & there were tix....got my 2

Same experience for me. First the app didn’t even allow me in with my innocence group code until 10:15, and by then the only seats available in my price range were limited view with no GA. My first time subscribing specifically for a presale opportunity and now I’m having to try in the general onsale anyway. No more subscription for me in the future. 

On 2017-11-15 at 1:30 PM, amauerbach said:

This is horsesh*t and a betrayal. Sad day for all U2 fans.  Some are gonna start calling the band ME2, as in me the band - it's all about $ for the band, for Guy Oseary, and their corporate partners.   millionaire club.   Fans are getting screwed so far. How has this new system limited scalpers and bots?   The real scalpers are Ticketmaster themselves and LiveNation. Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry - are you going to issue your own statement that us true fans get to hear, and not through your mouthpiece Guy?

• Like 1

Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry, you owe the fans a lengthy explanation.  Fans have given you EVERYTHING.   Yes, you gave us your awesome music, but without us, things would have been completely different.   It pains me to say all of this, so I hope you will explain and attempt to make genuine efforts to make ammends.......

• Like 1

Also, I'd love to 'like' more comments here in the forum, but I can't - the site says I've reached my limit of 3 likes for today.  Hmmm.... doesn't feel like freedom

I was able to get Red Zone for philly in the 2nd presale.  I couldn't believe it, so I snagged 4 of them.  If I can't find any local friends to buy them, I will offer them up for sale (but have to meet someone at the venue and walk in with them) because of the CC entry program.  

tony c.

On 11/15/2017 at 4:00 PM, peggy said:

we all had the same problem in the Experience group yesterday. 5 seconds into the sale and no GA or Red Zone were available...But! you could purchase some super expensive ones instead!.....Ticket Master held those GA tickets back to sell to scalpers.....It was in the bigger cities, like New York, DC and Vegas.

yes - does seem to be a ticketmaster scam so that they can resell all the GA tixs.  Plenty of them avail on stubhub and other sites