Sign in to follow this  
17iloveu2

STUB HUB EMAILS

I'm getting emails from stub hub to go to their site and buy U2 tickets.  Someone told me ticketmaster sells their tickets to stub hub. Don't know if that's true, but lots of tickets on stub hub for crazy prices.  Scalping used to be a guy coming to you on line asking if you needed tickets, now it's legal.

13 minutes ago, Harley1955 said:

Stubhub is Ebay owned and operates the same way. They take a fee of re-sales, don't actually own the tickets...

What's your point?

My friend, who sometimes has to sell an occasional ticket on StubHub if she is unable to go got an email with this message - which included a link to a Sellers Guide.:

Hey StubHub Seller,
As someone who has listed concert tickets before, you may know that U2 just announced their eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour. Our seller guide has the inside info that will ensure you have the best experience if you choose to sell U2 tickets on StubHub. After all, we know concert fans best.

How to get tickets:

1. Register for Ticketmaster Verified Fan by Saturday 11/18 @ 10PM PT.
  2. Purchase U2 tickets at the on-sale on Monday 11/20.
  3. Get to StubHub where 1.3 tickets are purchased every second.

What to know when buying:

• Max 4 tickets per person. We recommend buying an even number of tickets to avoid being left with a single ticket.
  • Multiple ticket types are available at purchase. We recommend choosing PDF tickets, as they are up to 3 times more likely to sell.
  • If you choose to buy mobile tickets, learn more about how to list these tickets here.

MLbSpacer5050.gif

out of interest, did anyone who signed up recently to verified fan thing get these emails? We were told no marketing would be part of this thing, but it worries me that this is first signs of that...

A friend (ironically, a Verified Experience member who was shut out of the presale yesterday) got an email from stubhub today advertising all the U2 tix they have for sale...but the seller email above?  Wow, just wow...

I read on Facebook that at least one of the people who got the email had sold a U2 ticket before on Stub Hub when she couldn't go to the show. So I think the emails are going to people with a history of selling there.

a screenshot of said email would be much appreciated...

Don't forget to remove, block or blur any name and any personal information.

Yup, I have another friend who got that same email. I think most of us can agree that U2 has royally screwed up the sale process for this tour. With the whole Ticketmaster verification, many long time fans and obviously subscribers have been randomly shut out. The whole intention supposedly was to get tickets into the hands of fans instead of scalpers. Yet they then decided to make GA all hard tickets instead of paperless credit card entry, which makes them WAY easier to resell. #DUM

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

a screenshot of said email would be much appreciated...

Don't forget to remove, block or blur any name and any personal information.

screenshot is already in this thread a few posts above yours

1 minute ago, amauerbach said:

Yup, I have another friend who got that same email. I think most of us can agree that U2 has royally screwed up the sale process for this tour. With the whole Ticketmaster verification, many long time fans and obviously subscribers have been randomly shut out. The whole intention supposedly was to get tickets into the hands of fans instead of scalpers. Yet they then decided to make GA all hard tickets instead of paperless credit card entry, which makes them WAY easier to resell. #DUM

....which in turn, drives everyone to the secondary market, which will make the NEXT go round (if there is one) even more absurd for longtime dedicated folks.....which in turn, drives everyone to the secondary market, which will make the NEXT go round (if there is one) even more absurd for longtime dedicated folks.....which in turn, drives everyone to the secondary market, which will make the NEXT go round (if there is one) even more absurd for longtime dedicated folks

Reality is disgusting.

I got the same exact email from stub hub about selling U2 tickets. I got it yesterday, after I got my tickets.

Today I got an email from stub hub telling me to buy U2 tickets.

1 hour ago, benny00 said:

My friend, who sometimes has to sell an occasional ticket on StubHub if she is unable to go got an email with this message - which included a link to a Sellers Guide.:

Hey StubHub Seller,
As someone who has listed concert tickets before, you may know that U2 just announced their eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour. Our seller guide has the inside info that will ensure you have the best experience if you choose to sell U2 tickets on StubHub. After all, we know concert fans best.

How to get tickets:

1. Register for Ticketmaster Verified Fan by Saturday 11/18 @ 10PM PT.
  2. Purchase U2 tickets at the on-sale on Monday 11/20.
  3. Get to StubHub where 1.3 tickets are purchased every second.

What to know when buying:

• Max 4 tickets per person. We recommend buying an even number of tickets to avoid being left with a single ticket.
  • Multiple ticket types are available at purchase. We recommend choosing PDF tickets, as they are up to 3 times more likely to sell.
  • If you choose to buy mobile tickets, learn more about how to list these tickets here.

MLbSpacer5050.gif

I got that as well.  I only sell tickets when I can't go to a show to cover my costs, not to make a profit.  Ticket karma.  I have also seen on twitter that Stubhub has a map with which U2 locations resell for the highest amount.  Its unbelievable.  Real fans can't get tickets and they are showing how to take tickets out of fans for the purpose of making a profit.  

1 minute ago, hadilley said:

From Twitter

IMG_0098-2.jpg

Is that from their twitter account?