Sign in to follow this  
lukylsp

Tulsa - to do/see

Never been, coming out for the tour opener. What say you locals? Need suggestions on things to do/see (record stores of note would be great). Any great restaurants/bars?

Woody Guthrie Center is already in the plans.

The Woody Guthrie Center is a must!  Spinster Records is in that same neighborhood called the Tulsa Arts District.  Lots of good bars and restaurants within a mile of the BOK Center.  Downtown is walkable and Uber/Lyft is good for getting around too. 

I always make sure to do one tourist thing in new U2 cities, so Guthrie Center is top of my list. Good to know the area is walkable! Are there any good (and not crazy expensive) steak places in that area? I will never forget the one I had at Cattleman's Steakhouse in Stockyard City on the Norman 360 stop. Hoping Tulsa has something similar!

On 11/21/2017 at 7:35 PM, stateless said:

I always make sure to do one tourist thing in new U2 cities, so Guthrie Center is top of my list. Good to know the area is walkable! Are there any good (and not crazy expensive) steak places in that area? I will never forget the one I had at Cattleman's Steakhouse in Stockyard City on the Norman 360 stop. Hoping Tulsa has something similar!

Not really a Cattleman's equivalent downtown.  There is a couple of pricey steak places downtown called Prhyme and The Bull in the Alley.  The Tavern is a more reasonably priced restaurant in the neighborhood.  They have a steak or two on their menu.  

• Like 1