Sign in to follow this  
jmarcello

$750 for two tickets, no thanks, I'll pass

Title says it all. I don't see what benefit being a fan club member gets you? The opportunity to purchase tickets at 5 times what they are worth? Worst pre-sale ever. If they had told us pricing ahead of time I would have not wasted my time.

I'm with you.  I'll pay $80+ fees for GA, but no way in hell am I paying that for obstructed view.  Since no GA are available, that leaves me with $350 for decent seats or $150+ for nosebleed with a view of the screen.

Like all of you, I've spent a huge amount of money on this band over the years, but this is just a fucking rip off, and they can frankly piss off.  Unless they do something to fix this crap, I think they can expect to be playing concerts to a arenas full of disinterested drunk ass business people.

• Upvote 1

I agree. $750 for two upper level tickets is absurd. 

If ticket prices keep climbing like this, I am beginning to think the Joshua Tree show I attended in San Diego back in September will be my last ever U2 show.

4 hours ago, snorkel said:

Unless they do something to fix this crap, I think they can expect to be playing concerts to a arenas full of disinterested drunk ass business people.

Do you really think they care?  It's $$$ to them one way or another.

We'll see what prices are at the general public sale, but in the past they have already been significantly less. What's the point of having a "fan" sale if you are going to jack up the prices during the pre-sale? I mean I guess all the rich fans get to see the show.

I fully realize there are greater problems in the world right now, but I wonder how much of this is Live Nation, and how much of this is U2? I went in thinking if I didnt get seats under $125 I was willing to pass. After hotel/air/meals/pints/concert shirts, $300 tix is just too out of hand. I got lucky and got some GA but I feel for those that werent as fortunate. It really leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth that this band, while maybe not the cause of the insane ticket prices, at least isnt doing more to get our backs.