Sign in to follow this  
LeslieC

Ticket Limit Is Very Confusing

I scored 2 tix during the Experience pre-sale for Nassau Coliseum.  Today, I wanted to buy 3 more for friends using the CITI pre-sale.  GA tix came up as available so I selected purchase and I was then shut down - the message stated that I had exceeded the ticket limit for this show.  So, it's a combined ticket limit for all pre-sales?  I am sooo confused!

I got into both presales as well.

I thought it said the two pre-sales were completely separate....???

If it is the case that you can only buy 2 tickets, period, they should have figured out a way to give Citicard codes to fan club members who didn't get presale codes during the e&i sales. Because now I have a code I can't use (if it's true) and other people didn't get any codes at all?

very frustrating for all- especially those with no codes.  I am going to try for 2 using Citi to see if it is possible to get a total of 4.  or try for the MSG show and see if that works. 

Wells Fargo center support told me yesterday the max is 4 tickets per show.

So I think 2 from u2.com presale, and 2 from citi presale would be kosher.

I got 2 Innocence presale and 2 Citi presale (same venue) no problem.  It appears I am also able to buy another 2 Citi at same venue ...which was my understanding previously (2 for Innocence, then 4 more for Citi) based on U2 website FAQs I think it was.  I can't 100% confirm but I do get to credit card entry for the second 2 of Citi at least.  (I don't want $329 tickets and that's all that's showing as left now, so that's why can't confirm 100%...)

I think it's a 4 ticket limit per venue?  So regardless of how you got them through any combo of sales.  This is what a TM rep told me:

"Please note there is a ticket limit of 4 total per event date.  If you purchase 4 tickets total for 1 concert date you will not be able to purchase more tickets for the same concert."

27 minutes ago, MKmonte said:

I think it's a 4 ticket limit per venue?  So regardless of how you got them through any combo of sales.  This is what a TM rep told me:

"Please note there is a ticket limit of 4 total per event date.  If you purchase 4 tickets total for 1 concert date you will not be able to purchase more tickets for the same concert."

This appears to be true.  The count for each individual show is cumulative.  So I'm screwed for the general sale in Nashville if GA's do pop up, as I bought two uppers in the "Experience" presale and another two (RZ) in the Citicard presale - all four being for the Nashville show.  Now when I tried to buy two more (thinking my wife will probably kill me if I try to get away with using a pair of RZ tickets that cost almost $800), the system informs me that I've reached the limit and cannot buy any more tickets.  I never should have bought the uppers.....