Sign in to follow this  
kpme

Citi presale reporting thread

Is anyone having any luck today?  I got the email and code fine, but the technology on TM's end has been an absolute disaster.  I'm going for either Newark/Nassau/Boston in that order.

Worked through all three on the TM site (linked thru u2.com/tour, which worked flawless for me on Tuesday).  error messages on all searches.

Decided to try the link and process on my phone.

Newark.  HAD TWO GAs.  Completing the sale.  Software f*ucked up and botched my purchase at the very end.  No tickets, no email from TM.  Sad sad face.

Kept my chin up....kept trying all three venues.  NO Gas to be found.

Tried Newark again.  Realized that the $81 price point also had some great seats immediately behind the stage.  Decided to go for it after throwing back a bunch of pairs.

Got 2 tickets.  Processed sale.  Said my credit card had insufficient funds.  Um, no. 

Tried again.  Got 2 tickets.  Fucked up my purchase at the end again and now I'm on hold with TM.  THIS IS SO frustrating.  I know I can't complain because I got 2 GAs for Boston the other day, but they put us through this hysterics of technology on our end, and theirs doesn't even work. 

Monday should run fantastically.

Did anyone have better luck than me?  Hugs to all!

I had a citi code today.  Was trying for 2 GA in Philly, was in right at 9AM, none available.

(On U2start.com a user reported getting GA for Philly today.)

I have 2 GA from the Experience pre-sale, so its not the end of the world.  But would have liked 2 more for either kids or friends.

Finally got a GA ticket for Atlanta. Very stressful. Had one in my cart but had to reregister for the venue "partner site" and they emptied my cart before done...then said "no match" for GA when I went back in. I kept refreshing and FINALLY got one but it was tough.

GA were briefly available for Atlanta at the start (I was 5 minutes late even) of Citi today...none showed up as available for the Innocence sale yesterday when I tried (first thing, through first hour, and sporadically later).  So it would seem at least some tickets were held back from the two U2 membership groups.  Seems crazy that a free presale (assuming you have that credit card) would have better options on day #3 than the paid membership presale one day prior (if not both days prior, based on much of the feedback  here).  But I guess that's the way it goes unfortunately...

Tickets seem to have quickly disappeared with the Citi presale, though, hardly anything available (expensive and/or 3rd level) already compared to earlier this morning prior.

Brit, what link?  I used u2.com/tour which worked flawlessly for me on Tuesday but today everytime I searched TM (on all three shows, BTW) I got an error message when it was working to find seats.

The ATL link on TM takes you to the venue website then it was easy enough to get in, but they deleted my cart when I had to reset my password! I kept refreshing for 30 min and FINALLY a GA ticket came up. So relieved...I had to use my member code Tues for 2 reserved seats in Nashville.

I called TM.  Representative threw Citibank under the bus.

Called Citibank.  They show all well with my account, no declined charges, and no even attempts by TM to charge me today.

So the TM software totally failed here.  None of the purchases pushed through to the card.  He also tried to blame it on me having multiple browsers open, and I lost my shit at that point.  Their website wasn't working, so I tried my phone.  It's a distinct link with a distinct code for each of the three shows that I was going for.  Why wouldn't I have separate tabs open on my mobile device? 

I feel like I'm in bizarro world.  Will try each show again just for shits and giggles, but it's time to move on with my day.  Thanks all for the info.  Glad some of you got tix today.

I feel like I'm overposting my drama.  Sorry.  But I felt the need to come back and say that I had an epiphany to try again and type the tiny URL from the text into my browser.  Was able to pick up some decent Newark tix behind the stage (I wanted GA, but I thought these tickets were pretty good, and I have GA for Boston the week prior).  Even that sale got screwed up with TM's technology, but I reloaded the page and holy cr*p the purchase went through.  I even got my email confirming.

Axl -- congrats on the Boston GAs.  those are hard to come by.  I was trying to pick up two more also for friends who got shut out yesterday in the Innocence group and no dice.

11 minutes ago, kpme said:

I called TM.  Representative threw Citibank under the bus.

Called Citibank.  They show all well with my account, no declined charges, and no even attempts by TM to charge me today.

So the TM software totally failed here.  None of the purchases pushed through to the card.  He also tried to blame it on me having multiple browsers open, and I lost my shit at that point.  Their website wasn't working, so I tried my phone.  It's a distinct link with a distinct code for each of the three shows that I was going for.  Why wouldn't I have separate tabs open on my mobile device? 

I feel like I'm in bizarro world.  Will try each show again just for shits and giggles, but it's time to move on with my day.  Thanks all for the info.  Glad some of you got tix today.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Called TM and somehow my purchase ended up going through even though an error message came back. Sorry it didn't work out, but I totally agree TM is having some major issues to the point that this may be my last U2 show. It's just not worth all this money, or stress. 

I had problems with TicketMaster timing out.  I had 4 GA (StL) tickets in my cart on 3 different occasions.  I got to the shipping page once.  But my order(s) wouldn't process... it would simply time out because TM couldn't handle so many requests. 

was able to grab 2 GA for Newark through the citi presale (desktop; used to have luck with the cell app but not recently). got in immediately and had no issues, thankfully.  also toyed around with Boston and MSG after grabbing Newark.  There were still Boston GA at 9:05-9:10, but no GA for MSG. Did find a red zone for MSG after a few tries.  Thought about it, but 1 RZ is enough for me!  Some decent limited view seats for MSG, but most everything good in the lower level was the VIP pricing.  Seriously, $331 for first 8 rows of the upper level at MSG??  $175 maybe as it is a good view. but $300+, no thanks. . .

Edited by hobbes4444

I was able to get a Redzone on Edge's side in Nashville. Tried to get a GA, but never could. It looked like they were available until about 15-20 minutes after onsale, but never pulled any.

Also, Ticketmaster & Live Nation sucks ass. This needs to be said as often as possible. Why U2 got in bed with those corrupt assholes is a head scratcher.

I was able to grab 2 GAs for Nassau show pretty easily on the TM app.  When I first tried at 9am sharp on my desktop the Citi presale wasn't yet showing up as an option on TM website, so every time I entered my code it was saying it was incorrect.  I didn't want to lose time, so quickly decided ditch the desktop and to follow the link from the text.  That sent me to the app and I was able to input my Citi code.  Done and done.  Better time than the experience presale, for me at least.  Still peeved the best reserved seats are VIP packages at astronomical prices.  Seems greedy.

16 minutes ago, MKmonte said:

I was able to grab 2 GAs for Nassau show pretty easily on the TM app.  When I first tried at 9am sharp on my desktop the Citi presale wasn't yet showing up as an option on TM website, so every time I entered my code it was saying it was incorrect.  I didn't want to lose time, so quickly decided ditch the desktop and to follow the link from the text.  That sent me to the app and I was able to input my Citi code.  Done and done.  Better time than the experience presale, for me at least.  Still peeved the best reserved seats are VIP packages at astronomical prices.  Seems greedy.

Lucky for you.  I'm a longtime fan and have been to every tour since JT and never had the kind of difficulty in getting the tickets I wanted more than this one.  Well I should rephrase that - I didn't want GA but settled for trying for it based on the ridiculous prices.  I was on right at 1pm yesterday, logged in and all teed up and nada.  Tried for about 30 minutes occasionally trying other options which were too expensive or limited view.  Really really disappointing process.  Just gotta hope I can snag 2 GA's come the public sale.

Got a GA for LA in the Citi presale.  Was getting an error message on my laptop, so tried the app and pulled a GA after a few tries!

I got the Citi email last night, but no text today. I had no problem getting my experience group text on Tuesday, so I don’t know what went wrong today. I reached out to TM, but totally missed the presale at this point. 

After being shut out in the Experience Presale for the Vegas show, I decided to register for the Citi Presale. I have a Sears MasterCard that is serviced by Citigroup, but wasn't sure it was considered to be a Citi credit card. I found an entry in the Citibank Facebook page that said Sears cards can be used for the U2 presale so I crossed my fingers that it would work. I got my code this morning and then preregistered at the T-Mobile arena since there were posts on Tuesday that said they lost their tickets due to the time it took to register with T-Mobile. It took multiple refreshes before 2 GA tickets suddenly appeared at 10:04. Everything went smoothly and my Sears card was accepted, so I scored 2 GA tickets to Vegas!  

Edited by Shirl2
typo

I got three GA tickets to LA via the Citi pre sale this morning. AKA, I had better luck on a credit card pre-sale than my fan club membership pre-sale.

That being said, I hesitate blaming the band (or the mods as some have done) about this whole situation and like to place my blame squarely on Ticketmaster/LiveNation/StubHub/Scalpers/etc. There were SO MANY effing GA tickets for all shows up on StubHub yesterday that they were clearly from folks who had pre-sale access and bought them to flip them. Fans or scalpers or both, it sucks.

I got 2 GA to Boston at 9:01 in the Citi sale. Went back to try GA at some other shows to share with shut-out fan friends, but there were none anywhere I checked.  I am feeling very very lucky.

I had no luck with the Citi, but I wasn't expecting much.  I've spoken to some people who got the GA, and my feeling was that, they threw in some GA's for each venue, say 100, and the rest was for the other seats.  Most GA's were probably gone by yesterday.  My thought is this is the way they packaged this sale:

Experience members - Probably were given the biggest allotment of GA's.

Innocence - Just a decent amount of GA's were given to this group, as a lot of scalpers can still be with this group.

Citi - It's a marketing thing, who know's if it's just a live nation relationship, or U2 got a marketing budget, either way, assume the least amount of GA's were available.

General Sale- at this point, the least amount should be available, plus, with the CITI presale, a lot of the tickets have been sold for the 1st show.  They will either add the extra show when they sell out, which makes sense, or they can do it the following Monday, and everyone can talk about more U2 tickets going on sale while having a Thanksgiving feast (remember, everyone celebrates this non religious holiday.  With all the confusion, they may feel like they have to wait, so they can explain what to do the following week.  I think what they really are going to look at, is how quick the major markets sell out, if it's quick, they can say, we are adding 2 shows at the Garden, and 1 or 2 shows in NJ, as there are plenty days after the show in NJ to tag on.  There is no reason for them not to do 6 shows between MSG and NJ, and 1 more for Long Island.  There are days left for this scenario, only way they don't do it, is that they want the hype to be so big, that when they come back, they could do 8-10 shows at MSG, same type of deal in CA, and they can add more cities when they come back and do 2 shows at each venue.  At the end of the day, it's a business, they aren't doing 14 shows and flying out, they have expenses, and I'm just talkin about U2 and the staff and tour expenses.  You have to figure they would do 25-30 shows, do EU, and make their way back for the 2nd leg.  I don't think we'll be disappointed in the end.

One last thing, we should all pay attention to the scalping market, if prices are way to high, and there are limited tickets available, than this whole gambit worked, and we should be thankful.  Even though you may not have gotten your G.A for whatever show, you know that other fans did,  which we can all be gracious about, but we'd all still love a GA for each show we want to go to.