blueandgoldfan

Speak up! Contact Guy Oseary

5 hours ago, blueandgoldfan said:

Charging $300+ for ONE seat that isnt RZ is how they lose us.

This is only true if they lose enough people to not sell out the venue, though. Which doesn't seem likely...

On 11/16/2017 at 5:00 PM, jeffwalsh said:

This is only true if they lose enough people to not sell out the venue, though. Which doesn't seem likely...

I was just looking over how many shows could potentially be added to the NYC area this year compared to the 2015 tour.  In 2015, the top ticket was about $50 cheaper than today, and less of the building may have been priced at that level.  They sold out eight shows, and while the cheap tickets all went pretty quickly, as shows were added it took a little longer for the pricier tickets to sell.  For this coming tour in 2018, they're playing three different NYC-area venues, and the most they can do based on the schedule is six shows.  Or, maybe to make it easier, in 2015, Boston got four shows, and on this tour, there's room for a maximum of two.  It may be that Live Nation, Guy Oseary and the band made a decision that with the price increases making up for demand, that they'd be just as happy paying two shows and getting the fee that they'd get four having played four shows a couple years ago.  They may have consolidated demand while keeping their income consistent.  And I guess, who doesn't want to get paid the same for doing half the work?

On the other hand... I used Twitter pretty much once, during the I&E tour because of the interactive portion of the show.  Maybe now would be the time to try to reach out to Oseary.  In the past, I have knocked him as seeming to be detached and uninterested in the fan experience because frankly there was no evidence to suggest otherwise, but I would give him a huge amount of credit for being open to a discussion today.  I desperately wanted some kind of friendly discussion on these issues two years ago, not that it had to be me personally, but just to have this conversation that's happening online now - if he's now open to it, that's positive.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2017 at 8:16 AM, blueandgoldfan said:

Saw this on fb. I've already tweeted him and the band. Charging $300+ for ONE seat that isnt RZ is how they lose us. Speak up!

tweet.png

Done! Thanks for sharing ??

4 hours ago, Buttercup1967 said:

Where is this from please?

You can find it posted by the various different fansites on Twitter. 

I, like many, am so frustrated by ticket pre-sales. In order to even be eligible for a code, because I used my code for the Joshua Tree tour, I had to renew my membership early- which I did prior to the deadline.  On the day or pre-sale, I received my code. When I tried to use my code, it wouldn't work at first, then when it did, I got the message there were no tickets available in ANY of the ticket categories at MSG .  My job has a "no cell phone" policy, so I was trying to do all of this discretely. I contacted U2 via email, and did not receive a response. Essentially, I renewed my membership early for nothing (I could have waited until it expired in 2018) - and I don't have a ticket to any show. I am a long time U2 subscriber and fan and I'm not sure what to do at this point... sad and disappointed. I did not have any problem with pre-sale tickets for the Innocence tour or JT Tour. Was able to get GA tickets for all shows I went to. (MSG 2015, Boston JT and Meadowlands JT)  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :( 

That message from Guy was an absolute INSULT!!! A few dozen fans, what about the rest of U2 subscribers, it sounded like he either hand picked people or a few people were hand picking people and that's it, which is playing favorites and "F" the rest of us!!! I can't believe he even said "For the majority of subscribers it worked cleanly", what band was looking into, it sure wasn't U2 because nothing could be further from the truth!! Angela

P.S. I don't do social media so if anyone knows how I can send my messages or maybe send it to him for me that would ROCK!! The more we speak, the louder were heard!!! Thanks:)B)

Please,Guy Oseary "U2 fan first" that's the equivalent of me declaring to be the first woman currently living on Mars...Nothing but greedy nonsense... Clearly our "unconditional" love for the band is being tested...Don't  push your luck too far... 

5 hours ago, stix66101 said:

That message from Guy was an absolute INSULT!!! A few dozen fans, what about the rest of U2 subscribers, it sounded like he either hand picked people or a few people were hand picking people and that's it, which is playing favorites and "F" the rest of us!!! I can't believe he even said "For the majority of subscribers it worked cleanly", what band was looking into, it sure wasn't U2 because nothing could be further from the truth!! Angela

P.S. I don't do social media so if anyone knows how I can send my messages or maybe send it to him for me that would ROCK!! The more we speak, the louder were heard!!! Thanks:)B)

It says his message was sent "in anticipation of" the communication. He had not received it yet, and probably did not quite realize the extent of the problems at that time.

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:42 PM, LWood said:

DO8Tc4cXUAAf5ht.jpg:large

I received an email from ticketmaster indicating that I am on the wait list and that is not sure that I get a code for the general sale at 10.am.

I have been a member of U2.com for more than ten years. I renewed my subscription in advance to get a presale code for the American tour. I got a presale code for the Innocence group and I tried to buy GA tickets for Las Vegas, Los Angeles and New York during the Innocence presale. I was connected before the presales start and I hadn’t been able to get one ticket. I tried for more than 4 hours in front of my screen and tried again the day after.

I read on all U2 forums all the issues that happened during the presales. I didn’t complain but maybe I should have.

I was counting on the general sale to buy tickets and now it’s seems that I am on the wait list and that I won’t be able to buy a single ticket.

It’s not acceptable for me. It will be the first time of my life  that I can’t buy a ticket for a U2 show, because of the bullshit Verified Fan process and Ticketmaster.

Why writing apologizes if you do the same thing again dear Guy..

All the scalpers got a lot of tickets, you just have to go on StubHub and Viagogo to see them all.

But true fan like me can’t have one. Is it a joke? Where is the camera hidden?

I just want to buy a ticket, is it too difficult for a manager to understand?

As U2 sing :

I’m more than you know
I’m more than you see here
I’m more than you let me be
I’m more than you know
A body and soul
You don’t see me but you will
I am not invisible
I am here

I will post this everywhere…

And when you are finished to sell your tickets to scalpers, think about sending us our subscriber ‘gift’ (don’t forget that we paid for that 9 months ago and that we still wait). I also made an order for a U2 necklace, hope it won’t take you 6 months to send it to me.

You consider your long time fans as s…  I don’t want your fake apologizes Guy, I want a ticket.

On 11/18/2017 at 2:42 PM, LWood said:

DO8Tc4cXUAAf5ht.jpg:large

LMAO. Just goes to show how out of touch Oseary and the management team are on this. If they'd just browse the many threads on here, they'd quickly find out that it did NOT work cleanly for the "majority of subscribers". What a damn joke.

I direct messaged Guy Oseary via Instagram.  Disillusioned and saddened with this whole situation and how fans end up getting treated. Citibank peeps get 4 tix and U2.com members get 2.  That one kills me.

Screenshot_2017-11-20-13-43-19.png

Screenshot_2017-11-20-13-43-33.png

Screenshot_2017-11-20-13-43-50.png

Well said leeloom & twogunpete, I agree 100%, THIS DIDN'T KEEP TICKETS OUT OF THE HANDS OF SCALPERS ALL IT DID WAS JUST SCREW U2 FANS, PERIOD!!!!!! I also agree, the band should step up and make a statement, non-disparagement or not, there are always loop holes and plenty U2 can say to it's fans without "damaging the reputation or negatively impact the organization and or possible affiliates". Aside from the simple fact that a good majority of their fans got totally screwed, which is how many thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of fans around the world, do we let that stop us from speaking up, speaking out and being heard in the hopes of evoking change, NO. Hmmm, isn't that the very philosophy to which U2 started ONE, created and expanded the various web sites, educating the masses of the many atrocities, human rights violations, along with the stories of courage, strength and hope of the people who stand up and live in the face of  tragedy, torture and terror around the world? "Isn't it ironic, don't you think?"- Alanis Morissette

My biggest concern is that with only one show in so many cities, my guess, the likelihood of them adding more shows, as they often do, especially in the major cities, are very high, so what are they going to do than? Have us go through the same thing, only to screw us one, two, three times over yet again, further angering, disappointing and possibly lose more fans then they could have ever imagined, especially the new, or younger fans that have grown up in this generation, for the connection to the music and development of loyalty to band aren't always mutually exclusive.  

I think this is the first time U2 needs to put it's philosophy, ideals, values and very character of the band where their mouth is and prove it directly to fans!!! THE MOMENT OF TRUTH IS FINALLY UPON US! After decades of music, loyal, active fans, selling out arena's, stadium, etc. around the world, induction into R&R Hall Of Fame, admiration, inspiration, accolades and awards recognizing the band for their fight for human rights, peace and freedom for all, the biggest question to date remains to be answered, have they finally lost touch? Have they sold out, have they relinquished just enough control to the wrong people they have finally lost it and now, as a result, are slave to whatever happens, complelety handcuffed by legally binding contracts? WHERE DO THE FANS EXIST IN ALL OF THIS?

• Like 1

Knowing how U2 treats their fans, it is hard believe they agreed to such a contract. It is hard to believe that Larry, "The Edge", Adam and Bono would have ever agreed, that the sale of their concert tickets should only go to a "SELECT", according to TM, few by singling out certain paid subscribers or whatever determines "Selected". This doesn't even begin to explain the general verified fan sale, how do you "Select" from the general public where there is no distinction but according to TM it's not random? Then add insult to injury, you know TM has overpriced tickets through re-sale, i.e. "scalping", which is the very thing Guy so brilliantly thought he was preventing. It's basically TM giving a giant middle finger!