RockHardly05

Different Stage Set-up?

Was looking at one of the ticket sites other than TM just to see how many tickets were available, and I noticed that for the DC show, a different stage set-up was shown.  To this point, I had expected just the same as the Innocence tour, but this looks significantly different.  It looks a bit too unique to be just a standard generic stage representation - which makes me think it may be genuine.  It also explains why some of the "mid-sections" are somewhat higher priced than I would have expected.  

Not sure if the PIC I attached will carry into this post - but it looks like there are multiple walkways and possibly screen/set-up perpendicular to the middle screen?  

Just thought I'd throw it here to see if anyone knew anything about this.  Again, it seems odd that this site I got it from would just make this up for the fun of it.

U2EI Stage.JPG

Edited by RockHardly05
typo

interesting- 

Although that doesn't show the RZ and TM is showing IE stage for me?   

5a0de629a0c46_ScreenShot2017-11-16at2_21_59PM.png.fae6a6c157acaad3e95422708997e7c0.png

Rock05 - that is quite an interesting stage!!

I wold be surprised if that's what they end up doing, I would have expected them to use the same stage / technology that they used for the innocence tour - just with different video and graphics.  Kind of a Act 2.

That stage set up you posted would greatly limit the GA numbers having three stages and extra walkways in such a small arena.

With that said, I have GA in Montreal and if that was the stage - well I would love it!!

And I have RZ in Montreal and if that was the stage - well I would wonder where the RZ is!  Per another discussion thread, the band has always innovated with stage, sound and visuals for every new tour.  Hard to see how they could top the Innocence set up for an arena, but boy it would be cool to see them do it.  I agree that the specific stage layout you posted is certainly not a generic one.  Very interesting indeed.  

That stage map seems potentially legit.  I purchased tickets to a west coast show in the equivalent of section 117 (in the part of the section closer to 118) and did NOT have obstructed view, but the portions of section 117 that are closer to 116 are obstructed view -- this is perhaps because of the "MIX" section indicated on the DC stage map.  Also, at the time tickets were purchased I believe I read somewhere that the concert was "in the round."  Which website shows this stage map? 

Edited by rjohnstone
early click

I would love to see this stage. Where did you see this ? I got the ie stage as well via Ticketmaster. 

Mix is at wrong end. It would be opposite load in. Which is typically main stage end.

Edited by sboccia

I wonder if that’s a mistake on the website’s part? Since there is no Red Zone indicated I feel like it’s not a U2 stage. But who knows, maybe they will change it. The image I saw when I got my tickets was of the ie stage.