Sign in to follow this  
u2ireland

"Limited View"

How can there be so many limited view tickets? At my venue, at the end of the stage, both upper and lower section, multiple sections are all limited view. How can such a large area in front of the stage be limited view? I understand those behind and to the sides of the stage but what is blocking the view in the front? upper and lower and many sections?

the screen 

The screen runs down the length of the floor, if your look straight on to the main stage you will not be able to see the screen/cage (which if like IE will be integral to the show) and when the screen is down you won't be able to see much of main stage. 

I think it may be due to the walkway screen that drops down during the show, which is best viewed from the sides only. It may also block some of the view at the front end sections. The stage setup looks like the same as the Innocence Tour but I don't know if that is for sure. I'm curious too, can anyone who sat in the front lower sections  where seats have "limited view" share how the view was for you? I bought limited view seats yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, u2ireland said:

So we should still be able to see the band, for the most part, and just not be able to see the screen?

yes, particularly at the "e" stage. 

1 hour ago, kwaite said:

the screen 

The screen runs down the length of the floor, if your look straight on to the main stage you will not be able to see the screen/cage (which if like IE will be integral to the show) and when the screen is down you won't be able to see much of main stage. 

It's really a dumb design.  A gimmick.  When they broke it out last time, I'd hoped to never see it again. 

2 minutes ago, aroney said:

It's really a dumb design.  A gimmick.  When they broke it out last time, I'd hoped to never see it again. 

I agree. Totally stupid!!! So many, otherwise good seats, are now not. Total waste!

for the Philadelphia show I kept pulling up Limited View section 107  Was horrible took me a half hour to get something decent.  If U2 would stop doing the fancy staging there would be no limited view.  The band needs to go back to its roots and stop being so fancy. This is costing us $$$$$

I think the screen is lame and pointless. So is it just like what that had two tours ago? entire length of the stage? 

10 minutes ago, u2phillylovesbono1 said:

for the Philadelphia show I kept pulling up Limited View section 107  Was horrible took me a half hour to get something decent.  If U2 would stop doing the fancy staging there would be no limited view.  The band needs to go back to its roots and stop being so fancy. This is costing us $$$$$

If they weren't limited view, those seats would also cost $300+, so not sure how selling limited views cheaper costs you money? The majority of the arena is not limited view.

6 hours ago, kwaite said:

the screen 

I'll actually be quite happy when this whole I&E / E&I staging setup is retired for good.  I find it to be obtrusive and divisive to a great concert experience.  Some of the best shows I have ever seen were from the opposite end of the arena from the stage (Vertigo, Toronto 2005) where you get to really take in the entire perspective, Streets alone from that vantage point is amazing.  On this tour, those seats have been reduced to limited view and wasted.  The sound on this tour will be excellent, through their recent advances, but I really hope they take a step back and exercise a sober second thought about that screen down the centre.  The cons far outweigh the pros IMHO.

I actually loved the I&E stage set up, I thought it was an awesome concept which essentially made the seats on either 'long' side of the arena have an amazing view of the show, and the technology in the screen and the way they used the walkway throughout the show was incredible.  I had GA for the I&E tour as well as side seats for a second show and both experiences were awesome.

It definitely made the number of 'prime' seats higher with that set up, which I can see also being a downside if there are more people looking for lower priced seats, because this does increase the over all price/seat and limits the number of seats at the lower price point. 

I sat limited view section 102 at MSG. I was 6 rows above the E stage. There was no sound mixer or anything blocking. I think maybe it was considered limited view because it didn’t have a view of the front large screen, and because even though it looks like a seat facing the stage, Bono does spend half his time with his back turned as he moves around, but that will be a problem for anyone in and around the E stage. The limited view seat was actually a very good view when he is facing the audience. I think the problem with the IE stage setup is that you really don’t know how good your seats are, and how much time the band will spend facing you until you get to the show.