Sign in to follow this  
TheLoungeFLy

Rollover Shows???

Are they doing rollover shows in all the cities they've booked?  There are huge gaps in the tour routing.....six nights between LA and Chicago, three nights between Chicago and Nashville, three nights between Uniondale and Philly, three nights between Philly and DC,  three nights between DC and Boston, three nights between Boston and NYC, and three nights between NYC and Newark.

You cannot tell me that they're going to keep all those dates open and only play one night in each city with (a) the demand for tickets and (b) all the fans you've pissed off with this presale with lousy inventory and expensive tickets that you're going to need to make restitution to.

I am 99.99% sure there will be many more shows added between these single dates.  That is how it has worked in the past.  They need to sell nearly all the first night listed before adding the second nights (which could fall before or after the current listed night).

So if you did not get a ticket in the pre-sale and strike out in the public, watch for the second dates to pop up in the high demand areas, and hope you are successful!

I worry that we won't be able to carry over unused presale codes...unless Guy Oseary realizes how troubling the first presale was. 

My fear is that they will open up the membership to more ppl and go thru the Verify/algorithm all over again.

And those that lucked out in the first presale may luck out in the second presale. I don't think TM has set up their system to be fluid.

Nothing is as it used to be?

We wait and see...

If you did not use your code can you use it for the second announced show?  I thought when they announced a new show it just went to general sale, with no pre-sale?

Some cities have more room for ads than others but I would be surprised if they didn't add any. Los Angeles, for example, has room for two more additional shows if they stick with the every-other-night schedule.

Edited by lukylsp

There's no reason for any unused presale codes not to work for added shows--it's always worked that way in prior tours.  That said, given the awesome level of screwup in this initial wave, I'm concerned that there might be complications of some sort--let's pray not.

What I remember from Vertigo was that the entire spring tour went up onsale and it was a complete disaster where Larry made a statement not only on the website here but at the Grammys during their acceptance speech.  They announced the fall tour, did a second pre-sale with new and triaged codes to put the long time Propaganda subscribers at the front of the line.

On the 360 tour your presale code was good for the entire leg of the tour until you purchased your ticket limit.  The Joshua Tree the code was good for the entire tour up to your ticket limit.

For this who knows what the hell is going to happen.  Common sense would dictate that we'd use the same verified fan code that was texted since it is linked to any purchases towards your limit.  Doing the verification process again would create more chaos.

I long for the days when as a Propaganda subscriber we did it by mail, keeping the scalpers out completely.

1/2 the shit that blew up this time would have never happened if Paul McGuinness was still managing them, particularly the high ticket prices on some seats.

Edited by TheLoungeFLy
Addendum

I think extra dates will be added.  I think this is going to work a lot like the 2015 tour.  On that tour, additional dates were added and given separate presales and separate onsale dates - so I don't think it's likely that we'll see shows added during the general sales on Monday.  If it's anything like the 2015 tour, they'll probably announce new dates shortly after the old ones sell out.

On the 2015 tour, they would play two days in a row, and then take two days off.  They never played three shows in a row without a day off, and at least in the U.S., they never had less than two days between a show.  So, with that precedent in mind, here's how I think added dates could work on this tour:

(listing of scheduled dates with thoughts on what could be added)

MAY 2 TULSA - unlikely to have a second date added as this would give the band three show days in a row, in two cities, with no time off.
MAY 4 ST. LOUIS - possible one could be added but unlikely as that would give them only one day off before the next show
MAY 7 SAN JOSE - a May 8 date could be added and the band would then have two days off before the next show
MAY 11 LAS VEGAS - a May 12 date could be added and the band would then have two days off before the next show
MAY 15 LOS ANGELES - a May 16 date could be added.  The band could then take two days off and return for a show on May 19, and then have two days off before the next show.  The band could also just add a May 16 date and then use the rest of the time as a small break in the tour (as they have done on some first legs in the past) or they could add an additional city for one night on the way from Los Angeles to Chicago.
MAY 22 CHICAGO - a May 23 date could be added and the band would then have two days off before the next show
MAY 26 NASHVILLE - unlikely to have a second date added as this would give the band three show days in a row, in two cities, with no time off.
MAY 28 ATLANTA - a May 29 date could be added.  The band could then take two days off and return for additional shows on June 1 and June 2, and then have two days off before the next show.  Another city could also be added in this period for June 1-2, or they could take a short break between shows.
JUNE 5 MONTREAL - a June 6 date could be added and the band would then have two days off before the next show
JUNE 9 UNIONDALE - a June 10 date could be added and the band would then have two days off before the next show
JUNE 13 PHILADELPHIA - a June 14 date could be added and the band would then have two days off before the next show
JUNE 17 WASHINGTON DC - a June 18 date could be added and the band would then have two days off before the next show
JUNE 21 BOSTON - a June 22 date could be added and the band would then have two days off before the next show
JUNE 25 NEW YORK CITY - a June 26 date could be added and the band would then have two days off before the next show
JUNE 29 NEWARK - with no other dates announced after this, the band could add as many as they wanted, though one more seems the most likely

On the 2015 tour, New York City got 8 shows; for this tour, New York City will likely get a total of two, plus two more at Uniondale (about an hour away from NYC on Long Island) and two more in Newark (also about an hour away from NYC in New Jersey), for a total of six area shows - this seems about right if the trend is for slightly less than last time but anticipating similar demand.  I think if Los Angeles sells very well, it'll get more than one extra date, but if it doesn't, they'll look to add another city like Phoenix or Denver for one night on the way to Chicago.  If Atlanta sells well, I think they could get more than one extra date, but I'm not convinced that's the most likely scenario - it would surprise me if Atlanta got more shows than Philadelphia or Boston - I think it might be more likely that they'd add a Toronto date before Montreal.

Anyhow, those are just my guesses for how this will play out.

I hope after the LA date that the go north to Seattle and Vancouver. They owe Vancouver after the lackluster Joshua Tree show and all the issues fans had just getting inside the venue. The Vancouver Joshua Tree show was probably among their worst shows in the last 20 or more years.

On the Tour page : a second date has been added for Montreal on the 6th

Will my partly used (bought 1 ticket) U2 code (UAB......) still work ?

Edited by LdeC

31 minutes ago, LdeC said:

On the Tour page : a second date has been added for Montreal on the 6th

Will my partly used (bought 1 ticket) U2 code (UAB......) still work ?

Interesting, we might see some more shows popping up. This is good news,

I think the whole pre-sale/general sale/pricing fiascos really ruined ticket sales.  I imagine they were planning for shows for these cities but Chicago 2 (for example) still has a ton of tickets still available.  During i+e we got 5 shows here and there are still huge gaps in the schedule.  Terrible.

On 11/17/2017 at 10:19 AM, U2FanInVT said:

I am 99.99% sure there will be many more shows added between these single dates.  That is how it has worked in the past.  They need to sell nearly all the first night listed before adding the second nights (which could fall before or after the current listed night).

This tour has a different feel to it from previous tours. The last couple arena tours sold out very fast, hence more dates added. This one seems to be selling a bit more slower, not sure if they will add shows. Look at the first 2 shows, lots of seats available. Maybe in the bigger markets that are selling out or close to it might get an additional show. Something in the air for this one, I am surprised, arena shows normally sell out quick. 

A mystery....

5 hours ago, hicksong said:

This tour has a different feel to it from previous tours. The last couple arena tours sold out very fast, hence more dates added. This one seems to be selling a bit more slower, not sure if they will add shows. Look at the first 2 shows, lots of seats available. Maybe in the bigger markets that are selling out or close to it might get an additional show. Something in the air for this one, I am surprised, arena shows normally sell out quick. 

A mystery....

When I had posted this there was only one show announced for each location, since then several new shows were added.  I am guessing the ones out there now are all there will be for this leg.

I didn't get any tickets in the presale or the public sale.  I'm thinking that holding out this time could possibly work out because so many of the best seats are still unsold for many of the shows.  I gotta think they will drop ticket prices as it gets closer to the show dates.

5 hours ago, U2FanInVT said:

When I had posted this there was only one show announced for each location, since then several new shows were added.  I am guessing the ones out there now are all there will be for this leg.

Yeah, it seems that way.....

Looking forward to it !