hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

Lifelong fan and I can’t stop with the new songs. All of them are very solid. Blackout is fantastic so is Get out of your own way  into American Soul. Put in the amazing The Little Things That Give You Away and this could be one of their best which is incredible after all these years.  And from a live show perspective these will all sound really good live. Especially Blackout. 

I'm tending to agree. I recall in my late teens - this band released 'The Joshua Tree'. I recall hearing the first single lifted off the album - it was called 'With or Without You' (i know you know), strange sound n all that and thinking 'what the feck is this - bit feckin wierd - this isn't 'Pride', this isn't 'Homecoming' , where is 'Bad' #2? - what the feck is this? this is slow!!

Who recalls the first time they heard 'The Fly' as a first release off AB? Raised eyebrows? Always with U2, it wouldn't be the same U2 if they didn't pose the questions

I think this release is full of 'growers' - I base that only on what I've heard - this is going to be an absolutely cool album quite possibly their best since HTDAAB, perhaps exceed that.

Th'on 'With Or Without You' turned out not to bad after all.B)

There's a lot of U2 haters out there - humans hate successful longevity as a trait.

OK, as an honest U2 fan, No Line & SOI, whilst both containing great tracks, weren't critically acclaimed, and perhaps were perceived as weaker album releases - I struggle to buy into that. There is no such thing as a bad U2 album. There is such a thing as progress though. I believe this release will be progress.

In your 50's - you will never replicate your 20's or 30's - life unfortunately curtails that to some degree - not many better than U2 at giving it a damned good go!

Here's to 1st December!

Edited by yardie
  • Like 4

I agree! I actually overall liked Songs of Innocence and I am looking forward to its counterpart! The five songs that we've heard so far are great, it sounds like an awesome rock album and I can't wait to hear these songs live!

Love The Blackout....YTBTAM really grew on me after a few listens, American Soul sounds pretty cool, and Get Out Of Your Own Way is a bit too syrupy and some of the lyrics make me cringe.  Overall, I feel optimistic about this album and I am really looking forward to it.

Agree! I think this has the makings of a fantastic album! The Blackout is my contender for tour opener.........a bit like when Elevation was used with the house lights up for that tour, and then blackout part way through! I think American Soul is excellent. GOOYOW is growing on me with every listen. I'm excited for this album :-D

Albums leaked... again:rolleyes: FFS, I'm waiting for Dec 1st, very tempted to have a little listen but its only a week now and we've had 5 songs already anyway. I'm not spoiling it this time round and looking forward to getting the CD i ordered, although i'm sure it won't turn up on the day!.

I still haven't popped my Experience cherry (that might be the most inappropriate, but in context, sentence I have ever typed).. But the early positive vibes towards the new record are exciting. I just hope there isn't that swing at some point where the popular opinion tends to suggest otherwise... Time will tell... 

Oh jeez it leaked? Arg! It’s like trying not to peek at your Christmas presents when you accidentally find your husband’s hiding spot lol! 

Edited by ruthiemercury

3 hours ago, ruthiemercury said:

Oh jeez it leaked? Arg! It’s like trying not to peek at your Christmas presents when you accidentally find your husband’s hiding spot lol! 

Unlike the present, it's good! ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pwalshe said:

I am so old, searching for hours for the leak and cannot find it

Odd, normally when someone is old it is the frequent leaking that is the problem... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ruthiemercury said:

I think it's more like watching a movie on TV while standing outside looking through the window...something like that. You can see what's on, but you're not really there.

Someone got his hands on a vinyl and done a FB listening party. What people are listening to is really an inferior source (recorded stream) and nowhere near the real thing.

Some even argue that it's like a fake-leak... *chuckles* 

Anyway, people may, of course, decide for themselves but I have a feeling the new U2 album is too good to have its first listen spoiled by anything less than hi-fi HD stereo.

Just a few more days... 

Edited by B!gGiRL
  • Like 1

I saw the link on FB and scrolled through it quickly but haven’t taken a real listen. I think I’ll wait until Friday, I have enough to keep my busy until then. 

I'm a little more cautious this time round.

I found SOI rather frustrating as the songs I liked had very little space on the I&E tour and the focus was on stuff I thought was, well hate to say it but bland. Song for Someone being a prime example!

'Blackout' is a gem. I managed to get the Record Store Day ltd edition version.

Get out of your own way is another one I'm enjoying but 'Little things' is just 'blah' and will we be raving about 'You're the best thing' in a few years?

Haven't heard or searched any potential leak. Like others have said, It's too close to release to be bothered for me. I'll wait.

Funny how we as fans differ though - a lot of people are raving about 'The Blackout' as their fav so far of what's out there in the ether - me? I'm struggling with it versus the other 4 released tracks.

That for me epitomises U2. We're really (even though some full tracks are available) are still just getting snippets of what the album may bring in its entirety.

Call it 'blind faith', true, could be guilty of that myself - however, I prefer to believe the musicianship of the four guys, and the studio - will deliver a sound little package of joy. ;)

Counting it down.

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying all the new tracks we've heard, with Blackout being the lowest on the 'like-o-meter'

What is interesting is that in the Mojo Magazine review, none of the ones we have heard are cited as key tracks. Makes me think they've been holding back the best 'til last.

I grabbed the leaked NLOTH back in 2009, but I had already preordered the deluxe boxset so I was just getting in early.

This time I've avoided as many "spoilers" as I can, want to listen to the whole thing on Friday. In anticipation for it I've listened to SOI twice this week, which is probably more than I've listened to it in the last 3 years. :P

I’ve heard bits of SOE. It’s a ripper! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Stick it up the ar$e of all the haters. Just the lift I needed. Can’t wait to buy it on Friday. 

I caved and listened. I love it!

The Black Out, The best Thing and Get out of your own Way, don't really sound like the rest of the album! 

I was trying so hard to be strong and not listen but I had a moment of weakness and now i can't stop listening!

Book of your heart still Rip my heart

Summer Of Love: what a riff

red flag: best rock song on album

finally!!!!!!!