hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

7 hours ago, pirwin said:

A lot of bands sell collections of songs and some sell albums - I prefer the albums and this band consistently puts them out. SoE is a good-un for me.   

You make a very good point.  Springsteen is still doing it,  U2 seem to do as they please when they please and it pleases me.   I hope people are having better luck in the new presales.  I know Chicago II went on sale today.  That's my venue to see them.

10 hours ago, Synj said:

Also for the sake of clarity, I am a man LOL!

That is very funny because I wondered as I drifted off to sleep, 'Was that person a guy?'.  I love being a doofus.

11 hours ago, omnivox said:

. I did not word my thought properly

If I had a buck for every time I've done the same thing online...I could probably treat all of Zootpia to a free ticket for this tour.  I am constantly regretting things I posted and did not think.  It's a bit of of a habit, unfortunately. :ph34r:

11 hours ago, omnivox said:

BTW, I recently discovered the rest of the Simple Minds catalog (beyond Dont Forget About Me). They have been a daily listen for a while.

Why does one always hear, DYFAM, by Simple Minds when Alive and Ticking was also a number one hit in America? I love AAT, especially when the female starts in and that beat gets going again....goosebumps and still a frequent listen for me.

Edited by Manohlive

5 hours ago, smsully said:

How many of you have received your email from Ticketmaster for either a download of CD of the album?....Am I missing something?....I don't see many people complaining, but I assume everyone is just streaming it like me.  Still in all, seems its just another Ticketmaster snafu..

My cd is already in the mail and I have a tracking number.  You should get an email a couple days after you bought your ticket.  Yes, I am streaming it.  The cd arrives Monday, December 8, 2017.  I hope it's 2017...it is TM but they were pretty quick with me.

18 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Why does one always hear, DYFAM, by Simple Minds when Alive and Ticking was also a number one hit in America? I love AAT, especially when the female starts in and that beat gets going again....goosebumps and still a frequent listen for me.

Alive and Kicking is legit.

Just now, omnivox said:

Alive and Kicking is legit.

Go Houston.  It's easy to forget.  I hope all is well soon for your city.

On 12/2/2017 at 1:45 PM, globaltraveler said:

Beautiful Day

I never listen to this song, however; it's one of my favorite songs to hear them do live.

Great to see so many varied opinions about the new album.  They've changed so much over the years that it's interesting to see the opinions of fans of the old stuff, and fans who have adapted to U2's evolving approach to every new release.

I have to say that I thought the album was just decent on Day 1, now I think it's really awesome.  And I'm in the camp that is OK with the fact that it doesn't sound like anything from Unforgettable Fire or Joshua Tree.  And my four year old daughter actually knows the lyrics to a few of the songs and keeps asking me to play it - so validation that U2 can make brand new fans in 2017!

• Like 1

I have been a fan since I was 11 which was 1987.   I have to say this album is special, and guess what, like most things U2 does, it will take time for it to be appreciated.   Such deep lyrics, beautiful sounds, some really energetic tunes, and sounds that draw from thier past.    Not everyone will agree, and reviews are mixed from the so called experts, but the overwhelming comments from actual listeners are the most positive they have been in years.  That means more than anything.

Red flag day has one of my favorite parts of the whole album and reminds me a bit of Sunday bloody Sunday......"there's one word that the sea can't say, is no, nooo, noooooo" . That is epic.

Edited by Superstar1976
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, smsully said:

How many of you have received your email from Ticketmaster for either a download of CD of the album?....Am I missing something?....I don't see many people complaining, but I assume everyone is just streaming it like me.  Still in all, seems its just another Ticketmaster snafu..

I have received the email for both of the tickets I have bought. I am intrigued to see if I end up getting 2 copies of the CD (I'm thinking that I will - I'll let everyone know)...

On a related front, I have received my pre-sale ticket in the mail today for the first Philadelphia show - so others who got tickets for this show and don't have them yet should watch their mailboxes closely over the next few days.

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

My cd is already in the mail and I have a tracking number.  You should get an email a couple days after you bought your ticket.  Yes, I am streaming it.  The cd arrives Monday, December 8, 2017.  I hope it's 2017...it is TM but they were pretty quick with me.

I hope they didn't tell you that because December 8, 2017 is a Friday this year! :lol:

Ticketmaster is trying to mess with calendars now... :o

8 hours ago, globaltraveler said:

Great to see so many varied opinions about the new album.  They've changed so much over the years that it's interesting to see the opinions of fans of the old stuff, and fans who have adapted to U2's evolving approach to every new release.

I have to say that I thought the album was just decent on Day 1, now I think it's really awesome.  And I'm in the camp that is OK with the fact that it doesn't sound like anything from Unforgettable Fire or Joshua Tree.  And my four year old daughter actually knows the lyrics to a few of the songs and keeps asking me to play it - so validation that U2 can make brand new fans in 2017!

Ha! My 5 year old loves Blackout and sings along!

7 hours ago, Superstar1976 said:

Red flag day has one of my favorite parts of the whole album and reminds me a bit of Sunday bloody Sunday......"there's one word that the sea can't say, is no, nooo, noooooo" . That is epic.

YES!!!  My thoughts exactly!!!

On 12/4/2017 at 6:44 AM, lin said:

Pre ordered new album 2/11 still not arrived I have this every time I order from u2 shop 

I think next time I'll go to record shop to buy

There is no benefit to ordering music from U2.com. In fact, one probably pays more once shipping fees are tacked on.

Buy from a local retailer whenever possible, IMO.

13 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I love, love, love the song, And the Band Played On. 

I was always hoping that U2 would invite Simple Minds to be their opening act on a tour.  Imagine that.  Imagine Jim Kerr sharing vocals with Bono on "Alive and Kicking" (which I remember thinking was a new U2 song when it came out).

Edited by Rich T.
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2017 at 2:41 PM, CNF said:

Wow, just Wow. I am around since Boy in 1980 when I was 20, It's 2017 now, I am 57 years of age  and still can lose myself entirely in an U2 album. How amazing is that fact?! Again you took a different corner musically, raised the bar even higher while I even didn't know this was possible. This is a Big One, no doubt. Thank you Adam. Larry, The Edge, Bono and hands down: you succeeded in giving your ever demanding fans what they seek: our necessary vitamin U-2 . The best years for U2 fans are ahead of us. 

+1

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rich T. said:

I was always hoping that U2 would invite Simple Minds to be their opening act on a tour.  Imagine that.  Imagine Jim Kerr sharing vocals with Bono on "Alive and Kicking" (which I remember thinking was a new U2 song when it came out).

I have been discussing that with a friend for years! There's great audio of them singing together at an early 80's Simple Minds gig on youtube... check it out. 

3 hours ago, enriquediaz said:

There is no benefit to ordering music from U2.com. In fact, one probably pays more once shipping fees are tacked on.

Buy from a local retailer whenever possible, IMO.

I normally wouldn't. With this new verified fan BS and the way other artists are doing it, I took a chance that buying from here might help my chances for ticket verification. Not sure it had anything to do with it, but I was in innocence group and had no problem getting a code or my GA tickets...

Man, took a shot at Boston today...Got in immediately, maybe 7-8 seconds in and NO Ga's...some cheap 41 uppers which are a good value for the casual fan but..even they didn't...I'll just have to start lookin again 7 months from now...There's a bit of time left.

2 hours ago, Rich T. said:

Now I would love that! Simple Minds produced some fantastic songs, Belfast Child was sublime and New Gold Dream one of my all time favourite albums. They played it all between Noel and The boys at Twickenham back in July.....happy days! 

16 minutes ago, KEV ANGELL said:

Now I would love that! Simple Minds produced some fantastic songs, Belfast Child was sublime and New Gold Dream one of my all time favourite albums. They played it all between Noel and The boys at Twickenham back in July.....happy days! 

That's awesome!  

My fantasy is that U2 would start one of their shows with a Simple Minds song, inviting Jim Kerr and some of the others on stage partway through the song,  to then play 2  Simple Minds songs to start the U2 set - all unannounced.  I have strange fantasies.