hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

   It's pretty weird...In 1993, Bono imagined and acted Macphisto out as  being the Fly who was bored, tired, fat, rich, arrogant and had retired to Las Vegas...

  Fast forward. 25 years ..We see Macphisto in Las ...Vegas...........Before Acrobat.......Bored? YUP !!!....Can't see no new ideas coming out from him...He's either lost inspiration or he's killing his inspiration to sing about the grief only now it's literally not metaphorically and cool, raw, innovative, wild, crazy, amazing like back when he was NOT killing his inspiration....

........Tired--> Check ( he can't sing most of the time, the magic, rush, fever and frisson are gone.....no more wild energy).... rich---> are you kidding me billionaire? ....arrogant - you bet and it's not even funny (when he was young, it was something I could forgive) now when he should be humble.........Retired to Las Vegas is a metaphor that has more or less shaped out to be true with TJT30 CashCow Milking Heritage Tour Stunt........ The only thing he didn't nail is that he's not that fat....So I guess he had a pretty good intuition........

After listening to SOI and SOE for 588 times I will say two things..... Cut Out the political Trash and ADD MORE EDGE !!!!!!!

 

90s U2 for ever !!! ALL of IT.....Especially *POP* !!!

PLus No Line on the Horizon !

If only U2 had complied an album out of it the 6 new songs they had in 2010 ( Return of the Stingray Guitar, North Star, EBW (with a lot of guitar), Glastonbury (gem), Boy Falls from the sky, Mercy !)  (in the way they were shaping up back then only in full band mode) plus This is Where You Can reach Me Now, The Troubles,Sleep Like a Baby, Landlady, Love is all we have left and SOON>.....

Edited by pain_18_
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't feel like starting a new thread for this, so I'm posting it here. 😁

The U2.com shop is taking orders for most of the merch that is being sold at the shows, including the tour program and some of the other accessories. In the e-mail where they first announced that people could buy these items early in advance of most of the shows, they said that they wouldn't begin shipping until the week of May 14th (i.e., this week). I rolled my eyes at that because the shop is not known for its timely shipping.

However, it appears that they were true to their word - the order I placed a couple of weeks ago has just shipped today! 😮 Since I have been the opposite of shy in pointing out the ways they have been underwhelming in the past, I thought it only right that I should pay kudos to them now. I can't wait to get the goodies.

So, SOE tour items (most, not all) are available now if you want to have them in advance of the show arriving in your town.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of the shop-I was going to buy the IE bluray/tshirt combo with my code from last year before I renewed earlier this month.  It is gone.  Anyone know if they will restock it?  It is the first pseudo concert tshirt I've liked in years.  No offense-I don't like concert tshirts with dates and venues, etc.  Just my preference.  I liked the black one with the yellow IE light bulb.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Speaking of the shop-I was going to buy the IE bluray/tshirt combo with my code from last year before I renewed earlier this month.  It is gone.  Anyone know if they will restock it?  It is the first pseudo concert tshirt I've liked in years.  No offense-I don't like concert tshirts with dates and venues, etc.  Just my preference.  I liked the black one with the yellow IE light bulb.

Keep checking back, but they typically cycle items in and out. Also, keep in mind that the discount codes are not valid for audio/video purchases. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mich40 said:

Keep checking back, but they typically cycle items in and out. Also, keep in mind that the discount codes are not valid for audio/video purchases. 

Of course!  I forgot.  That's so funny.  Thanks, Mich40.  I still would like to get it and am holding out on buying the bluray in hopes the combo returns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A bit off topic, and apologies, as it was posted on the San Jose thread (thanks DMWAY) - but I do think it is worthy of inclusion on this thread. The break in tune, that tune just before the band enter front, left and centre - Isnt it friggin brilliant! Buzzing  for when I hear this live. C stage rocks by the way!!!

 

Edited by yardie
  • Thanks 2
  • Brilliant 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yardie said:

A bit off topic, and apologies, as it was posted on the San Jose thread (thanks DMWAY) - but I do think it is worthy of inclusion on this thread. The break in tune, that tune just before the band enter front, left and centre - Isnt it friggin brilliant! Buzzing  for when I hear this live. C stage rocks by the way!!!

 

I love it! It’s a really good driving song. Seems they’ve moved on from it now though. Last few shows have had Noel Gallagher’s It’s A Beautiful World. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mich40 said:

I love it! It’s a really good driving song. Seems they’ve moved on from it now though. Last few shows have had Noel Gallagher’s It’s A Beautiful World. 

Another great tune. 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, yardie said:

Another great tune. 🙂

I saw Noel at the Brighton Centre about a month ago, top class show. Opened right off the bat with 3 or 4 songs from Who Built the Moon?, and included It's A Beautiful World later in the set as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2018 at 3:54 PM, dmway said:

I didn't feel like starting a new thread for this, so I'm posting it here. 😁

The U2.com shop is taking orders for most of the merch that is being sold at the shows, including the tour program and some of the other accessories. In the e-mail where they first announced that people could buy these items early in advance of most of the shows, they said that they wouldn't begin shipping until the week of May 14th (i.e., this week). I rolled my eyes at that because the shop is not known for its timely shipping.

However, it appears that they were true to their word - the order I placed a couple of weeks ago has just shipped today! 😮 Since I have been the opposite of shy in pointing out the ways they have been underwhelming in the past, I thought it only right that I should pay kudos to them now. I can't wait to get the goodies.

So, SOE tour items (most, not all) are available now if you want to have them in advance of the show arriving in your town.

 

...and I have to give kudos to the shop yet again!

My order arrived today, well in advance of the shows I'll be seeing next month. I am very happy! :D

 

And, of course, SOE is still a gem. ;) B) :59a772ce87178_:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2018 at 6:12 PM, peterferris8 said:

I saw Noel at the Brighton Centre about a month ago, top class show. Opened right off the bat with 3 or 4 songs from Who Built the Moon?, and included It's A Beautiful World later in the set as well.

His brother is cooler

Edited by doctornickriviera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

His brother is cooler

Have you seen him sing live lately?   I saw him with his band and he sounded awful.  Perhaps it was just that one performance.  It was nasty bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dmway said:

My order arrived today, well in advance of the shows I'll be seeing next month. I am very happy! :D

It's nice to see the shop get a happy face but what did you order??????   My inquiring mind want to know.   It is a gem.  I listened again today.  I love it start to finish.  Did you get the enamel pin?  I want one to go with my Pop pins. Hopefully I can remember where they are for tomorrow's show.  I think most will know what they are for this tour.  I used to love to wear the one with the :Arch:  Inevitably someone would ask me where it was from and I'd say McDonalds had them in a happy meal.  I was surprised how many thought it was true only to look dismayed and wonder why an adult man would order a happy meal only to think, aren't there two arches?    It's the same as saying they played Bad last night.  I never pick on anyone.  It's done in good humor.  I eventually told them the truth.and got them to laugh.  I even got a few beers from doing it so all good.   I love my Pop pins!  At least one shall be worn for SOE tomorrow and Wednesday.  A little over 24 hours to go.....

What did you order?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2018 at 12:12 PM, peterferris8 said:

I saw Noel at the Brighton Centre about a month ago, top class show. Opened right off the bat with 3 or 4 songs from Who Built the Moon?, and included It's A Beautiful World later in the set as well.

I'm anxiously waiting for American tour dates.  I saw them the last tour and they sounded really good.  I did not know one song and it was incredible.  Turned out that song is Stop The Clocks (I'm pretty certain) .  I'm very excited to see them again.  He was also quite funny.  

Edited by Manohlive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

It's nice to see the shop get a happy face but what did you order??????   My inquiring mind want to know.   It is a gem.  I listened again today.  I love it start to finish.  Did you get the enamel pin?  I want one to go with my Pop pins. Hopefully I can remember where they are for tomorrow's show.  I think most will know what they are for this tour.  I used to love to wear the one with the :Arch:  Inevitably someone would ask me where it was from and I'd say McDonalds had them in a happy meal.  I was surprised how many thought it was true only to look dismayed and wonder why an adult man would order a happy meal only to think, aren't there two arches?    It's the same as saying they played Bad last night.  I never pick on anyone.  It's done in good humor.  I eventually told them the truth.and got them to laugh.  I even got a few beers from doing it so all good.   I love my Pop pins!  At least one shall be worn for SOE tomorrow and Wednesday.  A little over 24 hours to go.....

What did you order?  

Oh, the new tour shirt (sorry - I like the ones with the dates) - part of the reason I got it is that I have no cranberry-colored shirts. Well, I do now! B) I have enough black concert shirts to clothe much of the local tri-state area, so I am always drawn to the more non-traditional colors, provided that they aren't garish.

And, I got the new tour program - it's every bit as wonderful as the IE tour one. It's a two-way program like the last one too. Buying them at the show is always awkward - you have to carry them with you the whole time. If you don't get a carrier bag and/or you are in GA, having the program with you during the show is a pain. Now, I have it in advance! :D

They both celebrate the greater glory of U2 and SOE - a very worthy endeavor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dmway said:

Oh, the new tour shirt (sorry - I like the ones with the dates)

Why is it all the ones I like are for women?  Every time for several shows now.  I think it's retribution for all the years women had no tshirts and  no choice other than buying a man's shirt.  Even the hoodie, I like the burgundy color and it's for women. Even The Joshua Tree shirts I like the women's or the children's shirt.   The concert universe is getting even! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Why is it all the ones I like are for women?  Every time for several shows now.  I think it's retribution for all the years women had no tshirts and  no choice other than buying a man's shirt.  Even the hoodie, I like the burgundy color and it's for women. Even The Joshua Tree shirts I like the women's or the children's shirt.   The concert universe is getting even! 

I have the same problem - I prefer their color schemes too. That also happens with the European tours, i.e., I prefer their shirt options to ours.

I guess we're more sophisticated... 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

Oh, the new tour shirt (sorry - I like the ones with the dates)

I forgot to say good...that means there one more for me without!  haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I don't like the band merchandise fot this tour that I saw so far.

The best t-shirt is the one with Sian's face but it's not available on line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, beppecuoco said:

Honestly I don't like the band merchandise for this tour that I saw so far.

The best t-shirt is the one with Sian's face but it's not available on line

Keep in mind that some of the designs available at the shows now aren't in the shop, and that some of them will be different in Europe.

For example, I quite like the bullhorn shirt with each city individually listed on the front, but those seem to be exclusive to being sold at the shows on the day of the show. Perhaps the store would have some of these after this leg of the tour is over - I'm not sure.

Well, in any case, I bet you'll like something once the merchandise arrives in Europe. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

His brother is cooler

His brother can’t sing.  Not a bit.  He is shit.  😂 awfully shit.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!

i guess you dont like Oasis!

i quite like both of their recent albums.

(but I prefer Blur to Oasis!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Wow!

i guess you dont like Oasis!

i quite like both of their recent albums.

(but I prefer Blur to Oasis!)

Truth in bold. 😎

But, SOE (and U2) are better than both. 🎸

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2018 at 2:47 AM, beppecuoco said:

Honestly I don't like the band merchandise fot this tour that I saw so far.

The best t-shirt is the one with Sian's face but it's not available on line

I thought the best tshirt at the venue was an oldish looking Rattle and Hum black tee.   I did not like any of the others.  The key chain or pin of SOE are cool.  The problem with the shop is shipping.  The prices to ship are crazy.  It takes away half my 25% discount.  I'm not doing that for LN.  I get free shipping form Bologna, Italy and all over.  I'm not paying $15 to ship in the US domestically.  That's excessive.  Five bucks, yes.  Any more...no.  I thought the tees were run of the mill.  Many liked the Chicago bullhorn one.  I can see why.  It would not look good on me.  The hat looked okay.  The hoodies looked nice.  The tees were boring and lacked creativity in their design...for me.  The shopping bag was nice but not for thirty bucks.  Live Nation is not doing a good job with the merchandise.  It's mostly boring or ugly...for me.  I did really like the Rattle and Hum tee.  It's a classic design for the era.  Had I bought one-that would be it...again, for me.  The one with Sian's face was nice too but would not look good on me.

Edited by Manohlive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some good looking tees and hoodies on U2 start website ...though as they were created by fans for fans they are not official merchandise. Thinking about that 🤔I’m not entirely sure that would be allowed..isn’t there copyrights or something.....but it’s not secret. Hmmmm - I really like the red flag day hoodie which comes in lots of colours - including burgundy manohlive....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.