hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Shannon387 said:

Here you go

 

 

Thank you for posting these! 😃

 

I hope those wheezing about the setlist will read these stories too... 🙄

Edited by dmway
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Shannon387 said:

Here you go

 

Don't blame Edge for saying they're taking a break. They must be knackered at this point, especially Bono.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It was nice to read that they are working on adding Landlady to the setlist.  Some people will hear it live and maybe it'll make it to a bluray.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Manohlive said:

It was nice to read that they are working on adding Landlady to the setlist.  Some people will hear it live and maybe it'll make it to a bluray.

I wonder if American Soul will be on the European setlist? . I though hope soo because it was really good live in Chicago and landlady will be good too. 

The strongest song on this tour are the new ones and from Achtung Baby. 

Let them then have another holiday in france, come back with a full tour on AB and then end with song of ascents 😊

Sounds good... 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Manohlive said:

It was nice to read that they are working on adding Landlady to the setlist.  Some people will hear it live and maybe it'll make it to a bluray.

One of my other favourites from the album. Reckon that'd work in the same part of the setlist Song For Someone occupied on I&E. I'm still hoping they find a way to fit The Little Things in the narrative.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Njord69 said:

and then end with song of ascents 😊

 

 

 

How are people still getting this idea that the band will work on and release Songs of Ascent? Especially since it became Songs of Experience and the band have stated they feel a long way from that No Line on the Horizon-era of material?

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then let them end with whatever album.. As long they do a AB in full setlist. 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2018 at 4:18 PM, Njord69 said:

Then let them end with whatever album.. As long they do a AB in full setlist. 😉

I'm torn about whether or not I would want them to do that - one, I would like to see such a show, but I wouldn't want the next tour not to feature songs from AB. So, as I said, I'm torn...

Can't wait to hear the new songs live, though... B)

 

Edited by dmway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dmway said:

I'm torn about whether or not I would want them to do that - one, I would like to see such a show, but I wouldn't want the next tour not to feature songs from AB. So, as I said, I'm torn...

Can't wait to hear the new songs live, though... B)

 

They pretty much did an AB anniversary celebration on the last year of the 360 tour (at any one show they'd have up to half the album in the set!), so a full anniversary tour, while it would probably be the best show ever, would also probably not be the first thing on their minds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

They pretty much did an AB anniversary celebration on the last year of the 360 tour (at any one show they'd have up to half the album in the set!), so a full anniversary tour, while it would probably be the best show ever, would also probably not be the first thing on their minds.

Yes! I loved that when they did that on U2360 - I think their being involved with "From The Sky Down" documentary (as well as the AB anniversary sets) gave them the opportunity to reevaluate the album and to play the most AB songs they ever had live since ZooTV. I loved the set at Glastonbury that year.

Njord69 mentioned the idea, and I was just giving my impression of such a set. AB is the only other album in their catalogue that could get a show like last year's JT anniversary shows - I'm just of two minds about its actually happening. I'd love to hear the album start-to-finish live, but not at the expense of their leaving AB out on the subsequent tour. Thus, I'm torn.

Last year was JT's 30th anniversary, and AB's 30th is only 3 years away. It may not be on their minds yet, but it certainly could be in the not-too-distant future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dmway said:

Yes! I loved that when they did that on U2360 - I think their being involved with "From The Sky Down" documentary (as well as the AB anniversary sets) gave them the opportunity to reevaluate the album and to play the most AB songs they ever had live since ZooTV. I loved the set at Glastonbury that year.

Njord69 mentioned the idea, and I was just giving my impression of such a set. AB is the only other album in their catalogue that could get a show like last year's JT anniversary shows - I'm just of two minds about its actually happening. I'd love to hear the album start-to-finish live, but not at the expense of their leaving AB out on the subsequent tour. Thus, I'm torn.

Last year was JT's 30th anniversary, and AB's 30th is only 3 years away. It may not be on their minds yet, but it certainly could be in the not-too-distant future.

 

I missed the 360 tour but was so happy they played ultraviolet on Innoncence tour. 

And some more AB songs. 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 11:24 PM, dmway said:

I wonder what the over/under would be for songs from SOE being played on this tour. IMHO, it could be as low as 5, but as high as 10...

 

...and, to answer my own question from a couple of months ago, it seems to be 7.

Have they been this bold with a new album after AB? I don't think they have been.

They must think SOE is a gem too. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Really had hoped U2 had went for more acoustic versions of the new songs when they played live. For the first time I prefer the CD version of some new songs above the live performances.

The best songs that I liked during this recent tour were the (semi) acoustic songs, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Staring at the Sun etc. I really loved it too that they played "The Ocean" live. And that they ended with a delicate song 13 (There is a Light), similar to the use of "Love is Blindness" as a finale during the ZOO TV tour. However I felt that the Achtung Baby songs during this tour fell flat without the big ZOO TV stage surroundings. I love the idea though of a full ZOO TV tour like many others suggested. These violent times in world politics are the perfect period for a full blown huge Actung Baby stadium tour. Those songs need to be BIG in BIG stadiums. However the new songs from the recent album lend themselves better to more delicate, acoustic versions.  I hope U2 will perform many acoustic songs in the upcoming Apollo theatre performance .

Just found some youtube collection of U2 acoustic performances which I had never heard before. But I must admit that I am terribly late at "discovering" U2 songs online, so perhaps everybody has heard these songs already. Still it is a great collection!

 

Edited by bettydalton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard the phone app drains your battery pretty quickly. That should surely be a motivator to put the thing away and enjoy the show!

  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think they had some problem with it on first night in Chicago and did not see any signs using it on the 2:nd night to activate it. 

Would be nice see it in action, with an extra phone then but I use phone less on GA. 😊

 

Edited by Njord69
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 9:25 AM, peterferris8 said:

I've heard the phone app drains your battery pretty quickly. That should surely be a motivator to put the thing away and enjoy the show!

 

On 6/6/2018 at 9:35 AM, Njord69 said:

I think they had some problem with it on first night in Chicago and did not see any signs using it on the 2:nd night to activate it. 

Would be nice see it in action, with an extra phone then but I use phone less on GA. 😊

 

Is it worth using it for a little bit or should I not bother? (I generally don't get my phone out during shows - I'm there to hear the music and to watch the band.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dmway said:

 

Is it worth using it for a little bit or should I not bother? (I generally don't get my phone out during shows - I'm there to hear the music and to watch the band.)

 

We did it in Vegas (the only show we had seats because I took my kiddo). It was cool and the effects only run during the intro and Love Is All We Have Left (then it tells you to enjoy The Blackout AKA put your phone away). We tried it on the floor but unless you’re positioned away from the screen (and the rail) it’s too close to make it work well. If this helps: I did it at home while watching periscope (pointed my phone app at my iPad) and it worked fine and I saw the effects without having to do it at a show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lukylsp said:

We did it in Vegas (the only show we had seats because I took my kiddo). It was cool and the effects only run during the intro and Love Is All We Have Left (then it tells you to enjoy The Blackout AKA put your phone away). We tried it on the floor but unless you’re positioned away from the screen (and the rail) it’s too close to make it work well. If this helps: I did it at home while watching periscope (pointed my phone app at my iPad) and it worked fine and I saw the effects without having to do it at a show. 

That helps very much - thank you! 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I'm done with phones and recordings. As much as I appreciate those that share their experience - I do mine via a few pics - I need to watch things through my own two failing with age lenses generally.

Hope they shake the set list a little. Only a few shows left in leg one - maybe they will try a few additions, if not, maybe leg two will introduce some new tunes from the new album or catalogue. I'm happy either way.

Highlights so far for me on tour - vastly improved intro and band entry v innocence, and the C stages on Pride, brilliant, if only for a few fans in proximity, but providing great clips to us all.

 

Did I actually say I'm done with phones and recordings? Yes, but that's just me. Keep sharing.:MacphistoSignal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 8:25 AM, peterferris8 said:

I've heard the phone app drains your battery pretty quickly. That should surely be a motivator to put the thing away and enjoy the show!

The app/AR was no big deal.  I could not close the app easily so I turned off my phone before the end of the AR.  It was cool for about thirty seconds.  I was looking at my phone yet Bono was singing live in front of me. I'd rather watch him in person. For me it was more of a disctraction than anything.   Not many people were using it in Chicago.  Most were looking at the phones of others to get a quick glimpse of the AR and then went back to watching Bono in real life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 7:26 AM, bettydalton said:

Really had hoped U2 had went for more acoustic versions of the new songs when they played live. For the first time I prefer the CD version of some new songs above the live performances.

The best songs that I liked during this recent tour were the (semi) acoustic songs, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Staring at the Sun etc. I really loved it too that they played "The Ocean" live. And that they ended with a delicate song 13 (There is a Light), similar to the use of "Love is Blindness" as a finale during the ZOO TV tour. However I felt that the Achtung Baby songs during this tour fell flat without the big ZOO TV stage surroundings. I love the idea though of a full ZOO TV tour like many others suggested. These violent times in world politics are the perfect period for a full blown huge Actung Baby stadium tour. Those songs need to be BIG in BIG stadiums. However the new songs from the recent album lend themselves better to more delicate, acoustic versions.  I hope U2 will perform many acoustic songs in the upcoming Apollo theatre performance .

Just found some youtube collection of U2 acoustic performances which I had never heard before. But I must admit that I am terribly late at "discovering" U2 songs online, so perhaps everybody has heard these songs already. Still it is a great collection!

 

Now the Unplugged format has been revived, I would love a U2 unplugged some day.

Some seminal albums in that collection Nirvana, R.E.M. Clapton.... why not U2?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neil Young and Pearl Jam were awesome unplugged.  I'd love it if someone revived the unplugged format.  Springsteen did a plugged show, with the un part crossed out.  It was great as well.  It seems a prime format for U2 as they'd somehow innovate an already perfect thing.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This American would love to see Robbie Williams do an unplugged show.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 2:28 PM, peterferris8 said:

m still hoping they find a way to fit The Little Things in the narrative.

How do you think they could do that?   It was the song I most wanted.  It would be nice to know it makes its way to Europe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.