hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

I like white flag as a symbol of unity beyond our politics as testament to our humanity.

That turning thoughts into feelings is an interesting angle of approach. One must have a certain degree of openness in this approach to cognitive dissonance.:Euro_Machphisto:

HEY!

I still love SOE... :POP_Heart_02:

16 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

It’s a great album. Even better live!

I agree!

I’m glad they have played so much of it live.

Will “The Showman” make a live appearance before the end of the tour? Time will tell...

20 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

SOE definitely becomes an even more incredible album when played live.

I also agree.  

On 10/27/2018 at 10:07 PM, peterferris8 said:

SOE definitely becomes an even more incredible album when played live.

Totally agree, always thought the album was right up there but live the songs have become even stronger. The fact I didn’t miss any JT songs is testament to SOE and hearing Zoo Station and WGRYWHorses was sublime. The mix of Get out of your own way into New Years Day really worked too.....fantastic shows.  

Edited by KEV ANGELL
Live not Love
  • Like 2

On 10/30/2018 at 4:49 PM, KEV ANGELL said:

Totally agree, always thought the album was right up there but live the songs have become even stronger. The fact I didn’t miss any JT songs is testament to SOE and hearing Zoo Station and WGRYWHorses was sublime. The mix of Get out of your own way into New Years Day really worked too.....fantastic shows.  

It’s interesting that SOE live has now become a companion to AB - this makes sense because they are both the albums that deal with experience the most. (I wonder, with 20/20 hindsight, if they mildly regret not doing more songs from Boy on their last tour, since SOI and Boy deal with innocence as a theme the most.)

I’m really looking forward to the finale in Berlin. I think it will be a truly unique show.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:49 PM, KEV ANGELL said:

I’m glad there was a change to the set list once the band toured Europe and yes the AB songs were great to hear. I have understand why there were no JT songs but it would have been awesome to finish on Streets instead of COBL. 

Edited by adrnik

Maybe they check the interest on a full album AB Tour. ?

If it would be needed. 

It feels strange that in 8 days' time we'll be coming to the end of this tour cycle, and, indeed, to the whole Innocence/Experience cycle of the last 4 years. I'm going to miss this era of the band's work; it's been a box of treats.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I still love SOE - especially since it gave birth to the e&i tour.

Thank you, U2, for an amazing album and tour! ?

Rest well, and we look forward to having you delight us in unforeseen ways with a new album and/or tour when you feel that you are ready.

Thank you for your whole career, but thank you especially for the past 5 years, from the beginning of the SOI sessions to the completion of the e&i tour tonight. You wrapped up Innocence and Experience into a nice cohesive and complete musical package - William Blake himself would be proud of you! ???

Bless you until we all meet up again. ????

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

And so it's over. 

At the far end of experience, we have recovered our innocence.

On 3/20/2018 at 12:39 AM, seresere said:

Simply... I like the whole album! :)

And now I love it more than before...
I got the opportunity to listen live: The Blackout, Lights Of Home, Red Flag Day, You're The Best Thing About Me, Summer Of Love, Get Out Of Your Own Way, Landlady, Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way and 13 (There Is A Light)
My favorite is Lights Of Home but all the songs live are awesome.
This album is so special for me... it's something personal.

:SoE:

💜 🖤

• Like 1