hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

I keep recognising links between tracks on SOI & SOE that I hadn't made before. It was only recently that I finally made the connection between California and Summer of Love. Just yesterday I also finally realised that Volcano and The Little Things are two sides of the same conversation.

2 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

I keep recognising links between tracks on SOI & SOE that I hadn't made before. It was only recently that I finally made the connection between California and Summer of Love. Just yesterday I also finally realised that Volcano and The Little Things are two sides of the same conversation.

Oh wow thank you, I’ll have to listen to those together. When the album first came out I listened to the songs with shared lyrics back-to-back (I thought Iris/Lights of Home were incredible together) but I hadn’t thought about Volcano and Little Things. 

I recently rewatched the Paris DVD and hearing Bono say before Every Breaking Wave that he didn’t know if that couple made it or not made me think of that song and Red Flag Day being connected. (Probably everybody knew that and I’m just slow on the uptake, but I’m still glad I got it cause it makes both songs richer to me)

One year in and I, too, have not retired SOE. It's still one of my favorite albums to listen to, and often. It still feels like a shimmering, beautiful gift.  

Music video for Red Flag Day being premiered tonight apparently as part of the 24 Hours of Reality event regarding climate change.

• Thanks 1