Sign in to follow this  
hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Why would I put you down when you are agreeing with me?   :lol:   I'd give you a like if it didn't seem incredibly self serving.  I can't go after my president if I do that so you'll have to do without one.  Know you get one in my heart.

:rolleyes: Put me down on the metaphorical list, that is - the gist of which you already caught... ;)

1 hour ago, economicformula said:

I just gave YOU a self serving like. Partly because I agree and partly because it felt good. Don't hold your likes too closely. Not getting any younger !:blink:

Agreed. :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

Apparently there could be a bunch of rarities on this tour and also augmented reality... 

Yep I'm a little excited too.

I've heard them play live a number of songs I wouldn't have thought possible 5 years ago.

With the Joshua Tree tour and hearing the album tracks was awesome and then on I & E I had Gloria, Party Girl, 40, October, Desire, Bad.

If they are getting ready to play some rare stuff perhaps I'll get Stories for Boys, I threw a Brick, Two Hearts, love to hear Exit, One Tree Hill and MOTD again, Hawkmoon, So Cruel, Fez/Being Born, This is where you can reach me now.

36 minutes ago, adrnik said:

Yep I'm a little excited too.

I've heard them play live a number of songs I wouldn't have thought possible 5 years ago.

With the Joshua Tree tour and hearing the album tracks was awesome and then on I & E I had Gloria, Party Girl, 40, October, Desire, Bad.

If they are getting ready to play some rare stuff perhaps I'll get Stories for Boys, I threw a Brick, Two Hearts, love to hear Exit, One Tree Hill and MOTD again, Hawkmoon, So Cruel, Fez/Being Born, This is where you can reach me now.

We also got when love comes to town and the troubles in Vancouver on I & E which was quality

2 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Apparently there could be a bunch of rarities on this tour and also augmented reality... 

Augmented reality would be very cool. B)

Yes - the songs people keep suggesting here to play would be on my wishlist too. Looking forward to the tour even more now! :)

9 hours ago, economicformula said:

I just gave YOU a self serving like. Partly because I agree and partly because it felt good. Don't hold your likes too closely. Not getting any younger !:blink:

What?

7 hours ago, dmway said:

:rolleyes: Put me down on the metaphorical list, that is - the gist of which you already caught... ;)

Agreed. :)

Huh?   

My head hurts and I'm confused, darnit!   lmao.   I have no idea what either of you mean.  It's funny, so thanks!   B)

12 hours ago, dmway said:

Put me down for switching out BTBS for "Love And Peace Or Else" too - one of my favorite songs from HTDAAB and the Vertigo tour as well. IMHO, for better or for worse, "One" is U2's equivalent of The Rolling Stones "Satisfaction" - i.e., no concert by them would ever be without them, a literal sine qua non. I'd like to think they could skip "Beautiful Day", but I'm not sure they ever would.

Yes, I'm up for some rarities this time around - they did a great job of polishing off some underplayed songs on the U2360 tour.

11 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Why would I put you down when you are agreeing with me?   :lol:   I'd give you a like if it didn't seem incredibly self serving.  I can't go after my president if I do that so you'll have to do without one.  Know you get one in my heart.

9 hours ago, dmway said:

:rolleyes: Put me down on the metaphorical list, that is

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

Huh?   

My head hurts and I'm confused, darnit!   lmao.   B)

What I meant by "put me down" is metaphorically write me down on the list of people who would prefer to hear "Love And Peace Or Else" to "Bullet The Blue Sky". I didn't think I was being unclear, but apparently I was accidentally. :D

I hope it makes sense now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dmway said:

What I meant by "put me down" is metaphorically write me down on the list of people who would prefer to hear "Love And Peace Or Else" to "Bullet The Blue Sky". I didn't think I was being unclear, but apparently I was accidentally. :D

I hope it makes sense now.

My comment on the other hand was meant to not make sense.

I have to  make sense most of each day, and just wanted a short break of incoherent gibberish ! Kidding. What I meant is that I'm going to 'like' any chance I get because  ( and this might just be me  ) I'm not getting any younger !

• Like 1

22 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Augmented reality, rarities and a longer setlist.  Yow.  Sign me up for that.   What is meant by augmented reality?  :)

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

Augmented reality, rarities and a longer setlist.  Yow.  Sign me up for that.   What is meant by augmented reality?  :)

Isn’t augmented reality cosmetic surgery? ?

• Haha 1

I Wikipedia'd it briefly and apparently it involves computer-generated images appearing right in front of you and not just on the screen. So I'm guessing either it's going to be like 3D without the stupid glasses, or they'll be handing out the stupid glasses on the way into the arena...

4 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

I Wikipedia'd it briefly and apparently it involves computer-generated images appearing right in front of you and not just on the screen. So I'm guessing either it's going to be like 3D without the stupid glasses, or they'll be handing out the stupid glasses on the way into the arena...

Yes - the old-fashioned word for this is "hologram". It will be computer-generated images that appear three-dimensional, most likely not requiring glasses (but not impossible that they could be needed).

More to like for the SOE tour! :)

3 minutes ago, dmway said:

Yes - the old-fashioned word for this is "hologram". It will be computer-generated images that appear three-dimensional, most likely not requiring glasses (but not impossible that they could be needed).

More to like for the SOE tour! :)

Yes, hologram, that's the word! I need to get back into my sci-fi...

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2018 at 3:31 PM, peterferris8 said:

I remember one Edge interview last year that toyed with the idea of them playing absolutely nothing from The Joshua Tree. The idea of a U2 show without Streets is weird...

I agree.    I’m so hoping to hear ‘Streets’ .... maybe they’d work their ‘magic’ on updating the lyrics, or the whole song - if they’re tired of it?  

On 3/23/2018 at 4:04 PM, peterferris8 said:

It would surprise me if they handed out 3D glasses. That seems like it would be a logistical nightmare.  It gives stupid drunk fans an additional prop to do things they should not do at concerts.  sigh.  (lol -I usually end up right next to them but don't we all?)  It also causes problems for anyone with vision problems or epilepsy or a multitude of health/physical challenges.  They'd have to have some type of disclosure about 3D, from what I know which is limited.  I do know a little bit.  I'm gonna ask someone.  I would think it's going to be holograms.  That is very exciting.  This just keeps getting better...

Edited by Manohlive

47 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

It would surprise me if they handed out 3D glasses. That seems like it would be a logistical nightmare.  It gives stupid drunk fans an additional prop to do things they should not do at concerts.  sigh.  (lol -I usually end up right next to them but don't we all?)  It also causes problems for anyone with vision problems or epilepsy or a multitude of health/physical challenges.  They'd have to have some type of disclosure about 3D, from what I know which is limited.  I do know a little bit.  I'm gonna ask someone.  I would think it's going to be holograms.  That is very exciting.  This just keeps getting better...

(Big Smile) that would be awesome and I think what 3D glasses at Croke park last summer could have done  with horror. (who did not take a beer lol). 

I just love that this band has something exciting for us. Was not justin using a Hologram with a tribute to Prince at the Super Bowl....

That was a huge one! 

Are we truly going to 'possibly' get holograms for a U2 show?   !!!   That's better than 'possible' fricking sharks with fricking laser beams!  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 3:07 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Isn’t augmented reality cosmetic surgery? ?

That or being my current president.  

10 minutes ago, Shannon387 said:

As long as theyre not holograming dead legends it could be fun.

If fat Elvis appears-I might have to leave...Wild Horses or not.   

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2018 at 10:24 AM, hillpy2 said:

I agree.    I’m so hoping to hear ‘Streets’ .... maybe they’d work their ‘magic’ on updating the lyrics, or the whole song - if they’re tired of it?  

We'll get Streets - I think they love that song live as much as we do. :)

On 3/24/2018 at 7:23 PM, Manohlive said:

Are we truly going to 'possibly' get holograms for a U2 show?   !!!   That's better than 'possible' fricking sharks with fricking laser beams!  

Good Austin Powers reference! ;)

I don't think U2 would be letting that news get out if it weren't true. I have always been impressed with U2's stage set-ups and presentations from ZooTV onward. Every one has been visually striking and memorable in some way - in a positive way too, nothing that was hokey. In fact, I would venture to say that ZooTV completely reinvented the stage show - almost every big act changed their shows with that tour in the backs of their minds. Of course, U2 themselves moved on in interesting ways on future tours.

I wonder how they will present the SOE songs in concert. I was impressed with the big screen for the JT anniversary shows - the last time they had one large screen as a backdrop on a regular basis was for PopMart. And yet, the JT lightshow was nothing like PopMart's - both good, but both distinctive.

May they continue to evolve creatively! :)

Edited by dmway

On 3/23/2018 at 7:55 AM, economicformula said:

have to  make sense most of each day, and just wanted a short break of incoherent gibberish !

I need a day that is not incoherent gibberish  !     j/k   There is a degree of humorous truth to my statement.   Throw some of that sense over the Atlantic toward Lake Michigan if you have a moment.  Our 'experiences' seem to be similar but different.  

On 3/25/2018 at 10:33 AM, dmway said:

ZooTV completely reinvented the stage show

I think it set the bar of definition for outdoor, large scale rock shows.   

On 3/25/2018 at 10:33 AM, dmway said:

I don't think U2 would be letting that news get out if it weren't true

I was wondeirng about that as well.  Nobody has said anything against the rumor of holograms.  I have a gut feeling this show is going to be even more innovative that the last one.  I think they are going to blow us away.  I'm not sure how I'm going to not know on May 22.  I'm very thankful it's not months into the tour before my shows.  Once they are over I'll be bummed they are not months away, but such is life.  Holograms?   How?  Are they going to be 30 feet tall so everyone can see them?  Augmented reality....tell me someone didn't have a chuckle over how much that phrase would be  f#$king with our heads' imaginations.amidst out pretour excitement.  :blink:  I love it.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

Nobody has said anything against the rumor of holograms.  I have a gut feeling this show is going to be even more innovative that the last one.  I think they are going to blow us away.  I'm not sure how I'm going to not know on May 22.  I'm very thankful it's not months into the tour before my shows.  Once they are over I'll be bummed they are not months away, but such is life.  Holograms?   How?  Are they going to be 30 feet tall so everyone can see them?  Augmented reality....tell me someone didn't have a chuckle over how much that phrase would be  f#$king with our heads' imaginations.amidst out pretour excitement.  :blink:  I love it.

Yes, I'm thinking the same thing, and the stage on the last tour was great! I think they get off on the challenge of - not so much outdoing the previous tour (which may not always be possible, e.g., how do you outdo ZooTV?) - maintaining the level of excellence while providing something unique. I expect them to succeed again on this tour (and all future tours).

Yes, I'm happy it's not too much longer to wait either. I think I'll be living here for the months of May and June just to get all the info I can on the tour. :D What will get me over the time after the shows pass is the fact that they'll be back next year - hopefully with an increased ticket allotment for U2.com members...*ahem*...

Bring on the tour! B)

Just now, dmway said:

What will get me over the time after the shows pass is the fact that they'll be back next year - hopefully with an increased ticket allotment for U2.com members..

Think the tour will return?  The giddy fan in me has already leapt to hoping for it too!  The last staging was awesome.  It was brilliant.  They were accessible to as many people as possible.  They were in the screen, for gosh sake.  Nobody had ever done that; leave alone indooors.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Think the tour will return?  The giddy fan in me has already leapt to hoping for it too!  The last staging was awesome.  It was brilliant.  They were accessible to as many people as possible.  They were in the screen, for gosh sake.  Nobody had ever done that; leave alone indooors.

Yes - IMHO, this has the possibility of being a lengthy tour. I'm thinking possibly U2360 lengthy.

• Upvote 2