Sign in to follow this  
BrooklynU2Fan

Problems with General Sale

I had 4 GA tickets for Nassau Coliseum but when I went to check out, TicketBastard told me I exceeded the maximum amount of tickets.  Tried again for 2 but of course there was nothing left.  My code for MSG didn't even work.  I tried calling them and the automated system hung up on me, due to high call volume. 

I tried that after calling the ticket number, but I kept saying, and then yelling, prompts into the phone ("Presale!  Representative!") and it kept saying it couldn't understand me.  At this point, I'll just have to be happy with my 2 GAs and will have to make a Sophie's Choice-like decision of which friend to take.  :-)

I agree the voice recognition was awful I ended up pressing zero a bunch of times. This whole thing is a disaster 

3 minutes ago, skeegan68 said:

I agree the voice recognition was awful I ended up pressing zero a bunch of times. This whole thing is a disaster 

Yup.  My neighbors probably think I'm nuts the way I was yelling.  :-)  I lucked out in that I had no problems with the Innocence presale but am pissed that we were limited to 2 tickets, yet everyone else can buy 4.  I had problems with the Citi presale - I had tickets in my cart and then the site just crashed - and today was another issue.  And now I'm wondering if fan club members can only buy 2 more tickets after buying tickets in the presale.

8 minutes ago, BrooklynU2Fan said:

Yup.  My neighbors probably think I'm nuts the way I was yelling.  :-)  I lucked out in that I had no problems with the Innocence presale but am pissed that we were limited to 2 tickets, yet everyone else can buy 4.  I had problems with the Citi presale - I had tickets in my cart and then the site just crashed - and today was another issue.  And now I'm wondering if fan club members can only buy 2 more tickets after buying tickets in the presale.

Yes, you can buy 2 more.  (I bought 2 in fan club, and 2 in citi presales.)

4 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

Did anyone manage to score GA tickets anywhere for general onsale?

I got two for Philadelphia, I got a confirmation at 10:02am. I got nothing during iNNOCENCE presale or for any other city so I was pretty excited it went right through.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anthony_M said:

I got two for Philadelphia, I got a confirmation at 10:02am. I got nothing during iNNOCENCE presale or for any other city so I was pretty excited it went right through.

Congrats! From what I'm seeing, you're one of the lucky few.

Presale & general onsale with TicketMaster 'Verified Fan' DOESN'T verify real U2 fans & is a COMPLETE DISASTER for MANY long time U2 fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U2 should be ashamed for allowing Ticket Master to "verify" which DOESN'T VERIFY who their fans are for tickets!!!! 

• Like 2

struck out for GA for Nashville, Vegas and LA. Not sure there ever really were GA available after the experience presale and even that group was largely left out in the cold. Hope U2 enjoys having arena's filled with wealthy folks who know the words to about three songs. They won't be achieving "liftoff" with those crowds. Always a bad PR move to ice out your core fan base.

• Like 1

No luck getting GA in the presale or public on sale. I don't know that there were ever any GA available. 

2 hours ago, gpmalecki said:

I did for MSG. 2 GAs. 

Not for over 20 min either it was a miracle. 

Edited by skeegan68

No GAs were available for Chicago at 10 am. WTF. All that's coming up is seats behind the stage or overpriced 100 level seats. 

WHO THE FUCK GOT ALL THE GAs? 

So here I am, a 30 year fan, long time fan club member but I don't have tickets. 

SO tempted to cancel my membership. 

Time to drink. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gpmalecki said:

Fail in DC.... seats are too expensive for me. Bummer

Not surprised that the scalpers got a good chunk of the GA tix, this verify process didn't seem to effect them.

3 minutes ago, TheLoungeFLy said:

A good point was made in that article sighting U2 fans getting only a 2 ticket limit versus Credit Card holders 4 ticket limit. Most fans want to see multiple shows, I wish U2 would give their fan club members a higher ticket limit than someone who has a particular credit card.........doesn't seem right to me, but who am I ?

• Like 1

Just now, hicksong said:

A good point was made in that article sighting U2 fans getting only a 2 ticket limit versus Credit Card holders 4 ticket limit. Most fans want to see multiple shows, I wish U2 would give their fan club members a higher ticket limit than someone who has a particular credit card.........doesn't seem right to me, but who am I ?

You have a valid argument about the 4 vs 2 ticket limit.  Fan club members are long time members, especially eXPERIENCE members like me who were Propaganda subscribers back in 1984.

I hope they hold off on announcing any more rollover dates and putting them onsale until they fix this completely broken system they implemented and come up with a better method to get tickets (the ones they want, not the ones they have to settle for) in the hands of their fan club members first.

1 minute ago, TheLoungeFLy said:

You have a valid argument about the 4 vs 2 ticket limit.  Fan club members are long time members, especially eXPERIENCE members like me who were Propaganda subscribers back in 1984.

I hope they hold off on announcing any more rollover dates and putting them onsale until they fix this completely broken system they implemented and come up with a better method to get tickets (the ones they want, not the ones they have to settle for) in the hands of their fan club members first.

Yeah.... this needs fixed for sure. Peace !

13 minutes ago, hicksong said:

exactly

I would've been able to get the 3 tickets I wanted using the club code but instead had to wait for the citi code which I had no idea we even had to verify for. So I missed out and had to wait until today and now I can't get tickets due to prices.

I was fine sitting behind the stage for the price but i'm not about to spend after fees around $1,300 for three tickets. Ridiculous everything about this presale