Sign in to follow this  
rick-1

The band I beLIEvied in isn't short of cash, mister...

beyond the ticket sales being a complete disaster for a lot of people, if you were lucky enough to be chosen, asking $749.00 for a pair of tickets seems a bit outrageous to me.  It's simply one night of entertainment and for a lot of us, much more important things to spend that money on, like a mortgage payment or food....

it's a disgrace

• Like 2

I have nothing to add, I just liked the title of this thread and wanted to see it move up.

• Haha 1

I'm coming to the realization that this 2018 tour may be the last time I see U2.

The ticket prices arent' just bad.  They're obscene.

Especially in this day and age.  There is nothing to justify nearly 70% of the house costing $329+ per seat.

That's outrageous. 

• Brilliant 1

Joshua Tree tour may be my last U2 tour.  At least I got to take my 10 year old to see them before U2 completely shit the bed.

Still love this band, but......you can pull seats at any concert right now on TM.  But indeed they are all $335 seats or if lucky $110 for end seats.  I get that the show is unique and they managed to make those side seats better seats, which is great but to charge this much for them is obscene.  Based on availability combined with number of people shut out and pissed off it is clear people want to go to these shows but cannot justify paying or affording that much.  I am fortunate that my family does not care to go, but for others who want to go with 4 people I cannot imagine paying $1500 for a night out for the family. Shameful really

Ok while I agree in principle the ticket prices are outrageous, it costs a lot of money to put this show on. 

The band needs to be paid, the stage hands, the equipment, the video board that runs the length of the arena. This all has an expensive price. The band's expenses are paid up front (I'm assuming), and then it's up to the promoters and venues to recoup the cost. So they set the price not the band. Us being angry at the manager/band on ticket price is misdirected. It lands on...maybe Live Nation? 

Also this tour is sponsored by Salesforce so I am also guessing they are kicking in a bunch of cash to offset the production costs. That, I would think, SHOULD help lower the prices for the tour. But seems to just help Live Nation pad their costs. 

7 minutes ago, blskid1 said:

Ok while I agree in principle the ticket prices are outrageous, it costs a lot of money to put this show on. 

The band needs to be paid, the stage hands, the equipment, the video board that runs the length of the arena. This all has an expensive price. The band's expenses are paid up front (I'm assuming), and then it's up to the promoters and venues to recoup the cost. So they set the price not the band. Us being angry at the manager/band on ticket price is misdirected. It lands on...maybe Live Nation? 

Also this tour is sponsored by Salesforce so I am also guessing they are kicking in a bunch of cash to offset the production costs. That, I would think, SHOULD help lower the prices for the tour. But seems to just help Live Nation pad their costs. 

Other acts put on just as an elaborate of a concert for far less. I saw Kanye West on his last tour and his floating stage was work for them to do as well, cost far less than what U2 is asking for.

We all love U2 on here but there should be no defending of this pricing

The equipment is paid for already from the IE tour - if anything 3rd tour on 3 years should be cheaper. Many caausl fans will already have seen them in the last 2.