Sign in to follow this  
jralex12

Worst Ticket purchasing experience ever?

The pre-sale was a disaster. I got shut out of Boston tickets and settled on a show in Oklahoma. To make matters worse I get on ticketmaster at 9am (one hour before public general sale) and when 10am comes along and I go in to purchase tickets I am greeted with a place to enter a code. What?! What do you mean I need a code to access the general public sale? Yeah sorry you cant get tickets unless you signed up for a code. Ok well let me sign up for a code to get tickets now. You can't. So how do I get tickets? You can't. Ummmm.....?! But yet I see a crap load of tickets on stubhub and other 3rd party sites. Great job :angry:

Edited by jralex12

Worst sale I’ve ever seen. First time of my life that I can’t get ticket for a U2 show.

I was in the innocence group presale and it was impossible to buy a GA for LA, Las Vegas or NY. :-(

Today I am on the wait list so no chance to buy a ticket.

I am more than disgusted …

My parents are a bit out of it when it comes to general onsale dates, but are usually there when the tickets go on sale. They didn't do the Fan experience sign up just out of ignorance (I couldn't tell them because I didn't know they were interested). They heard from a local radio station that tix were going on sale at 10 am, they logged in and could not purchase because they didn't have a code. 

They are fans, but just a bit more aloof about U2 coming around and they were shut out completely. Even if the show isn't sold out, tough luck for my parents. 

• Sad 1

Been a U2 fan for almost 40 years & wasn't 'Verified' by Ticketmaster to buy general onsale tickets, WORST U2 TICKET ISSUE EVER IN 40 YEARS!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

Agree!  I was shut out in the general sale too.    Always been able to get tickets through a pre-sale or general sale since ZooTv.   

Yup, been to every tour since the elavation tour, been to 4 shows in the past 2 years, my fanclub subscription doesnt expire until february yet I wasnt able to participate in the fanclub sale without resubscribing and apparently i wasnt good enough to get "verified" code either..  I called stubhub and they said you can buy tickets through them and you shouldnt have a problem entering.  They also said you will recieve a full refund if you are refused entry so, cheers!  by doing this they have really made us real fans turn to the scalpers and risk traveling to a show and being denied entry, good job!

For those of you who didn't get a code for the general on-sale, your experience would probably not have been different even if you had gotten codes. I got codes for 5 cities. Even though I was only hoping for one particular show, I entered several to make sure I'd get SOMETHING. But I got nothing in the general on-sale. Anywhere. It was a fiasco. 

Just now, travelergirl30 said:

For those of you who didn't get a code for the general on-sale, your experience would probably not have been different even if you had gotten codes. I got codes for 5 cities. Even though I was only hoping for one particular show, I entered several to make sure I'd get SOMETHING. But I got nothing in the general on-sale. Anywhere. It was a fiasco. 

scalper sites are going to have a great day today at our expense

• Like 1

I’ve been following these presales and general sales pretty closely. I verified myself like it asked in the instructions. I renewed my U2 account. But no where did I read that you have to verify for each show to get a code for the general sale. What makes me upset is I’m sure there are still tickets available to these shows right this second but no one can buy them cause you can’t get a code right now. This system is flawed. I’ll remain very upset with this band for the time being.

I have decided that I'm just going to skip this tour.  I saw them on the JT tour this year, and that will be enough.  Perhaps I'll watch some videos once the tour gets going.

If enough people do like me, it will send a message.  If the choice is between impossible to get Floor tickets or $200+ Obstructed Reserved seats, then I'll be glad to save my money for someone else's '18 tour.

Just wanted one additional GA in Boston today... no way!  All of those were sold to Stubhub on the first day of the fan club sale. Ticketmaster are criminals...

No issues here. Got GA for Uniondale in the innocence presale then got into Philly and Newark. Mind you those weren't GA but I'm fine with that seeing as I got GA tickets for this tour already.