Sign in to follow this  
kavanbJDE

This is a farce

Almost nobody I know has gotten GA's  for any city except Uniondale and that's because scalpers probably don't give 2 craps about that one!!! This is a farce of epic proportions. your long term fans who try and attend more than one show have been screwed by Ticketmaster and Live nation.  U2 are complicit in allowing it believing that TM  running a 'verified fan' safety check would be anything but a joke which is what it has become!!! Literally every long term fan I know of has been shut out. This is literally the worst sale ever. Please check how many tickets end up on resale sites.,INCLUDING TICKETMASTER's !

Please Mods, pass on the message that this has unbelievably stressed out many of your fans who only want to celebrate the joy of being at U2 gigs. At this rate, it is just not worth the stress anymore.

• Like 2

I've never had these thoughts before but today I was like I think I want to start following other bands around. I'm beyond pissed off.

• Like 2

I am not so angry about the lack of GA availability. It's a tougher GA floor with the screens limiting floor space and the fact it is indoor. 

I am mad that despite signing up for general onsale, I didn't get a code to access the sale. So there could be countless of tickets available, but I'll never know or be able to buy them because I don't have a code. 

My friend got a code, but I wanted to try for GA and I wasn't going to spend as much as he did. But I can't use his code because it's tied specifically to him.

1 hour ago, blskid1 said:

I am not so angry about the lack of GA availability. It's a tougher GA floor with the screens limiting floor space and the fact it is indoor. 

I am mad that despite signing up for general onsale, I didn't get a code to access the sale. So there could be countless of tickets available, but I'll never know or be able to buy them because I don't have a code. 

My friend got a code, but I wanted to try for GA and I wasn't going to spend as much as he did. But I can't use his code because it's tied specifically to him.

It was the same floor setup 2 years ago and was not this impossible for nearly everyone to get GA's. no way in hell all GA's went in the presales!!

2 hours ago, kavanbJDE said:

It was the same floor setup 2 years ago and was not this impossible for nearly everyone to get GA's. no way in hell all GA's went in the presales!!

I mean seriously.  They just finished a stadium tour for one of their biggest albums ever.  The days of massively popular albums attracting scores of new fans are long gone.  I can't imagine there is a big crowd of casual fans clamoring for these tickets.  I just don't believe there could possibly be more demand for these tickets than the i+e tour 2 years ago.  

4 hours ago, jralex12 said:

I've never had these thoughts before but today I was like I think I want to start following other bands around. I'm beyond pissed off.

I got a few bands on my list I am willing to follow.

i was able to get GA through General sale in NJ. Nothing through the presale. 

Edited by nyru2

38 minutes ago, nyru2 said:

i was able to get GA through General sale in NJ. Nothing through the presale. 

Same here for Boston.  Got GA in general sale.  Couldn’t get them for the fan presale.  Made no sense at all