Sign in to follow this  
Chris Mott

Have They Have Gone Too Far?

For a band that likes to position themselves as "in it for the unfortunate," these lads sure do like their money. Been a longtime fan who always appreciated the humanity of U2 even if I didn't always agree with the politics. After 24 U2 shows, I will officially call my Nashville (in the upper level with obstructed view) my last show. These guys have officially went too far and are in serious danger of looking flat out hypocritical. 

• Like 1

I decided the Joshua Tree was the last concert. In this pre-sale, I didn't get the code so I didn't have an opportunity to even purchase tickets. My money is going to the Foo Fighters this year. Two tickets for $165.00 US.

i'm just gonna invite friends over when the HBO special airs or the blu ray is released. Saved us about a thousand dollars, gas, parking and babysitters

55 minutes ago, fcolombo66 said:

I decided the Joshua Tree was the last concert. In this pre-sale, I didn't get the code so I didn't have an opportunity to even purchase tickets. My money is going to the Foo Fighters this year. Two tickets for $165.00 US.

I like your thinking. I've seen Wolf Alice 5 times in the last few months for less than £20 a show..  

• Thanks 1

Sometimes it seems that it  all about topping the billboard box office list for the year.

Overall the Live Nation deal while great for their bank balances has not been good for their fans

Will ticket prices drop? I paid small fortune for Roger Waters when they went onsale for this last tour and they never sold out. Got my son a ticket the day before and the prices for all sections were slashed by half! I called TM and asked whey seats better than mine were half the price currently. She said it was at the discretion of the artist and management and that they most definately can reduce the ticket prices. I was furious as I paid so much!  No recourse - my problem for buying on the first day of the onsale she said - Your dammed if you do - dammed if you don't The same thing will happen here - and the VF thing obviously was a bad call in this case as most shows are still not sold out hours into the onsale.

6 hours ago, fcolombo66 said:

That is a steal! $125 for Foo Fighters at MSG.  Any seat.  Our seats in the nosebleed section cost the exact same amount as the people who got GA.  However plenty on Stub Hub.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nitz1 said:

Will ticket prices drop? I paid small fortune for Roger Waters when they went onsale for this last tour and they never sold out. Got my son a ticket the day before and the prices for all sections were slashed by half! I called TM and asked whey seats better than mine were half the price currently. She said it was at the discretion of the artist and management and that they most definately can reduce the ticket prices. I was furious as I paid so much!  No recourse - my problem for buying on the first day of the onsale she said - Your dammed if you do - dammed if you don't The same thing will happen here - and the VF thing obviously was a bad call in this case as most shows are still not sold out hours into the onsale.

U2 tix prices were dropped 3-4 days before the shows by approx. 40% in Montreal for the I E tour 2015, granted they played 4 nights then, but was still surprising & maddening at the time when you realise that your $115 ticket for nose bleeds cost the same as lower bowl 3-4 days before show day. At the time they were a few hundred tix left for each of the 2 xtra shows added 3-4 weeks after the first 2 were booked/sold out.

So yes, with this tours tix prices & what looks like few sell outs so far (because as a matter of fact of those insane current tour ticket prices) prices will drop 3-4 days before the shows.

By the way, not sure why, but the MTL shows are priced considerably lower than US shows, I mean for upper bowl nose bleeds, average of those prices here in MTL are $150, and that's Canadian dollars :)

4 hours ago, passenger789 said:

By the way, not sure why, but the MTL shows are priced considerably lower than US shows, I mean for upper bowl nose bleeds, average of those prices here in MTL are $150, and that's Canadian dollars :)

Could be why that's the only show to sell out so far.  Are any other shows sold out?

11 hours ago, kaber said:

I like your thinking. I've seen Wolf Alice 5 times in the last few months for less than £20 a show..  

Wolf Alice is current favourite band!  You’ve seen them 5 times?!  Awesome.  Do they open with Heavenward?   Also my current favourite song!

wish they’d come here.  Only bands I travel for are U2 (maybe not this time for the first time since 1992) and Radiohead 

59 minutes ago, SoCalU2Lover said:

Could be why that's the only show to sell out so far.  Are any other shows sold out?

Likely sold out because TM not involved.  

51 minutes ago, Zoonation76 said:

Wolf Alice is current favourite band!  You’ve seen them 5 times?!  Awesome.  Do they open with Heavenward?   Also my current favourite song!

wish they’d come here.  Only bands I travel for are U2 (maybe not this time for the first time since 1992) and Radiohead 

Yes, they kick off with Heavenward in the regular shows. They've also done lots of instores and promotional gigs where they mixed things up a bit. 

Saw Wolf Alice almost 2 yrs ago outside New Haven, CT @ The Space...in Hamden.  I did a stint @ SCSU a hundred yrs ago so I was revisiting old haunts.  Never had been to the place....was tiny, there were maybe 80 people in t he place...Band sounded great.   

On 21/11/2017 at 12:40 AM, Zoonation76 said:

Likely sold out because TM not involved.  

Evenko is very efficient compared to what I hear from Ticketmaster.