Sign in to follow this  
Kastro

How did "Verified Fan" do any good for U2 Fans?....I'm clueless!!

Absolute worst ticket buying experience.  The worst!   Once again Stub Hub and all the Scalpers have put a number on us!

what I find interesting is those people complaining the most they didn't get a code are the people that go to multiple shows and there have multiple accounts (here and at ticketmaster). so maybe the verified fan thing was working as intended because those peoples behavior sure would look like a scalper.

We, U2 and fans, have to address this...when I hear: tickets, tickets when I go by a venue my blood boils and I answer: You can not afford my tickets because to a fan...tickets are not paper to be sold at an exaggerated price...they are an experience with U2...nothing compares to that evening.

Some fans think that U2 created this? Of course not this has been going on for a long time...before U2.

3 hours ago, finz_89 said:

what I find interesting is those people complaining the most they didn't get a code are the people that go to multiple shows and there have multiple accounts (here and at ticketmaster). so maybe the verified fan thing was working as intended because those peoples behavior sure would look like a scalper.

Exactly!

8 hours ago, finz_89 said:

Umm...  Telling your biggest fans they aren't qualified to purchase tickets isn't exactly what I'd call working.

• Thanks 1

It's all so confusing... I had got a Verified General Sale code yesterday and got 2 GA tickets, for my and my mom. I was going to go back on and see what was left because i wanted 2 more for my father and aunt but the code wasn't working and now it seems they're just doing away with the verified codes and doing a public sale?!?! 

Screenshot (8).png

1 hour ago, Anthony_M said:

It's all so confusing... I had got a Verified General Sale code yesterday and got 2 GA tickets, for my and my mom. I was going to go back on and see what was left because i wanted 2 more for my father and aunt but the code wasn't working and now it seems they're just doing away with the verified codes and doing a public sale?!?! 

Screenshot (8).png

Yes, as of 10am venue time, all tix remaining at all venues are being offered "non-Verified." To make it even more confusing TM still has this shown on the top right of the page so anyone looking at tickets who is not Verified probably thinks they have to get verified in order to buy tickets....

Capture.JPG

Edited by malaboo
wanted to add something
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, toyoracer said:

Only ever had one U2.com account and Ticketmaster account. Still didn't get a code. 

Is everything ok with your cell phone number? The correct number and country....