unikguy

New Presales: Resetup?

Does one have to re-setup again for the new presales of November 28, 2017.  Or do we stay as is and wait for new email and codes. Very confusing.

My profile says I am setup. But ontop it says that I must complete setup for new presales of November 28, 2017. I setup everything for 1st presale? Used up 1 of the 2 allotment.

What do we do know?

I assume that since I bought 2 tickets during presale last week that I cannot receive a code for the presale of the second Montreal show?

Yes I know about the general sale. But what about U2 Fan presales? Must we re-setup? And if so how? If our profile says setup complete?

Can one of the moderators give us some direction if we must re-setup or stay as is and hopefully get a another code or use same code??

I am unable to register for Montreal 2.  I used my code for on ticket only.  I have tried 6 or 7 times to register in last few minutes.  U2 account says set up complete but beside Montreal 2 it says to check set up.  I have used the link and signed on to TM but I cannot register. 

good question.  i wasn't able to use my presale code the first time.  trying to register again and the page just keeps bringing me to $50 fee again.  Hope I don't need to pay again to get tickets.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, unikguy said:

Yes I know about the general sale. But what about U2 Fan presales? Must we re-setup? And if so how? If our profile says setup complete?

Can one of the moderators give us some direction if we must re-setup or stay as is and hopefully get a another code or use same code??

I'm in the same boat as you, only bought one ticket in the presale hoping for a chance at an added date. I would think that since it still says setup complete, that we are good to go for added verified subscriber presales.

At least I hope so, but would appreciate mod input on this too, especially concerning the code we were issued for first set of presales.

12 hours ago, Buttercup1967 said:

I'm in the same boat as you, only bought one ticket in the presale hoping for a chance at an added date. I would think that since it still says setup complete, that we are good to go for added verified subscriber presales.

At least I hope so, but would appreciate mod input on this too, especially concerning the code we were issued for first set of presales.

I'm in the same boat.

I bought a single ticket with the initial fan club code, and I was hoping on using the same code to buy a single ticket to any added Chicago date.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

And I don't want speculation.  I want fact.

I did not end up using my code (couldn't get the GAs I wanted ) so I'm hoping this code will still be good for added dates. From the way the site looks, though, seems you have to renew sub. in order to get another code for new dates....confusing.

1 hour ago, malaboo said:

I did not end up using my code (couldn't get the GAs I wanted ) so I'm hoping this code will still be good for added dates. From the way the site looks, though, seems you have to renew sub. in order to get another code for new dates....confusing.

I started a thread about this here somewhere - when I called the help line for clarification on this I was told that the codes we received for the Experience presale and the Innocence presale would not be good for future presales.  We would have to re-register for each presale that happens. They do, however, hold over your ticket limit, so if you didn't buy any yet, you can still buy 2.   Maybe they'll change it before more American dates do onsale, but I'm thinking it has to do with the way TM is set up.

I was reading the help section. I believe we don't have to re-setup as u2 fan already setup for previous presale.

Besides the fact I can't seem to be able to re-setup.

Perhaps we will however receive anew code.

I wish a moderator would update us.

At this moment there isn't any information about how this will work - please keep checking periodically the site and the board for any updates.

Thanks...

19 hours ago, leafswild said:

At least as far as the general sale is concerned, you need to sign up again for each city/new date.

That's what I thought, but it says a bit differently on the link you posted  (see attached).  So, I'm guessing they'll send you new codes for additional dates at the same venue for which you were previously registered...if you didn't buy any tickets?  This is so confusing.  What if you bought less than the limit?  Guess we'll find out.  (This is not fan presale.  This is general.)

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 11.40.36 AM.png

8 minutes ago, unikguy said:

I was reading the help section. I believe we don't have to re-setup as u2 fan already setup for previous presale.

Besides the fact I can't seem to be able to re-setup.

Perhaps we will however receive anew code.

I wish a moderator would update us.

Yes, they have been uncharacteristically quiet. They probably had enough of us during the pre-sale :D

Oops they are here...thanks Max.

Edited by malaboo

I was denied my Innocence code the first time around, therefore never had a chance to use it.   I would like to receive it for this next round of sales.  Wondering what I need to do to make that happen?  I’ve sent two inquiries via ‘contact us’ form and received 8 auto responses from TM that they will get back to me within 12 hrs.  ?

4 minutes ago, DeirdreBell said:

That's what I thought, but it says a bit differently on the link you posted  (see attached).  So, I'm guessing they'll send you new codes for additional dates at the same venue for which you were previously registered...if you didn't buy any tickets?  This is so confusing.  What if you bought less than the limit?  Guess we'll find out.  (This is not fan presale.  This is general.)

I'm thinking that if you used up your two tickets, you are done and will not be given another code. Through VF you will have to register for the show(s) you are interested in..just like the first pre-sale. By linking your U2.com account to Ticketmaster (that was part of the setup process) they can see which shows a fan has registered for so I don't think they will "assume" you want Boston 2, just because you registered for Boston 1.

3 hours ago, malaboo said:

I'm thinking that if you used up your two tickets, you are done and will not be given another code. Through VF you will have to register for the show(s) you are interested in..just like the first pre-sale. By linking your U2.com account to Ticketmaster (that was part of the setup process) they can see which shows a fan has registered for so I don't think they will "assume" you want Boston 2, just because you registered for Boston 1.

This is for the general sale, so it's 4 tickets.  And they automatically register you.  But for what?  

2 hours ago, DeirdreBell said:

This is for the general sale, so it's 4 tickets.  And they automatically register you.  But for what?  

You are automatically registered for the pre-sale because you did the whole setup process for the first presale. in other words, your setup is complete (the green "setup complete") so you are automatically registered for this second presale. But if you used your two tickets in the first presale then you are not entitled to participate in the second presale. In addition, once all of the new shows are announced you will have to go in and register for the shows that you want a chance to get a code for in the presale, again assuming that you haven't used up your two tickets in the first presale. 

This is my interpretation of all of this.

And they're allowing new subscribers too? Shouldn't the fans who got shutout in the first round get first dibs???

"Purchase a 2018 U2.com subscription and become a Verified Subscriber. Verified Subscribers will have exclusive access to presale tickets starting November 28. You must purchase a subscription by November 24 6 AM PST and complete the require setup on the U2.com Account Page to be eligible. Purchasing a subscription does not guarantee access to tickets. Click below to learn more information about the U2.com Verified Subscriber Presale."

11 hours ago, DeirdreBell said:

I found that part confusing too. I bought one ticket in the verified fan sale, so I went ahead and registered for both of the added shows I would consider attending. 

As far as the next verified subscriber presale, It looks like I'm good to go for that according to the help page. It specifically mentions Montreal 2, but I figure this just needs updating since more shows have been added.

*Let me not forget to thank Max for responding above. ?

Screenshot_2017-11-21-22-03-18.png

So the new maximum is 2 tickets (not 4 like previous tours)?

If I used my code to purchase 2 tickets I will not be able to use the code (or a new one) for more 2 tickets in the added shows?

1 hour ago, guklein said:

So the new maximum is 2 tickets (not 4 like previous tours)?

If I used my code to purchase 2 tickets I will not be able to use the code (or a new one) for more 2 tickets in the added shows?

Correct - from the U2.com FAQ:

"If I purchased two (2) tickets in Week 1, may I purchase two (2) more?
No, you may purchase up to a maximum of two (2) tickets per U2.com subscriber/presale code."

2 hours ago, leafswild said:

Correct - from the U2.com FAQ:

"If I purchased two (2) tickets in Week 1, may I purchase two (2) more?
No, you may purchase up to a maximum of two (2) tickets per U2.com subscriber/presale code."

Pretty amazing since I can buy 6 seats together on Stubhub in multiple spots. Wonder how they did that:)

• Like 1

On 11/21/2017 at 12:14 PM, malaboo said:

You only had to register for a particular city in the general public onsale. In the pre-sale, the code was good for tickets to any city or one ticket for one city and another ticket for another city. You did not have to register for a particular city for the Pre-sale.