Sign in to follow this  
SoCalU2Lover

How About A Simple Show With Lower Prices?

Instead of the special stage ramp and video screens, how about getting up on a plain stage with your instruments, and just playing?  Maybe you could then have prices where people will actually be willing to see you.

You do realize that while all the theatrics are nice, most fans are coming for the music.  They're reluctant to pay an extra $200 so you can have a cool stage setup.

Which is why I was completely fine sitting behind the stage for over $100 bucks

Couldnt get seats though due to this whole stupid verified system

Trust me, that wouldn't lower ticket prices at all..  It would just mean more profit for everyone involved because of lower production costs.  They'd probably tout it as some special, one-time only intimate performance, and raise prices even more.  Production costs are always a lame excuse to raise ticket prices.

I remember the bareness and spontenaity of the Elevation tour... deceptively bare and room for the spontaneous ... but bare none the less. A band tied too tight to its production is not a free band... the result over time is the same set list every show to tie into the production which makes me bored and less likely to pay an over priced ticket for a predictable show. 

Edited by hicksong
Finish a thought