Sign in to follow this  
moyabean

How does one purchase in the General Sale?

U2 Fan Club Loser here. I was never texted my iNNOCENCE Presale code and by the time I was able to contact U2.com to get it, there wasn’t anything left to buy. (Sorry, had to rant a bit!)

ANYWAY, how do I now get into the general sale?  Ticketmaster is still asking for a code.  Thank you.

you had to sign up for the general sale as well or you couldn't get tickets. There was the fan club sign up, the Citi presale sign up, and the general onsale sign up. If you didn't sign up for that one you aren't getting a code. Also you would've gotten a code already for that sale they went out at ten this morning. 

Wow, I really missed the boat on that one.  Didn’t get my Presale code on time, and didn’t get a Citi code assigned to me.  I thought I’d at least get to buy tickets in the General Sale, but obviously didn’t realize I needed to sign up.

So, will I have any chance to buy tickets or am I completely out locked out of this Tour and relegated to the scalpers on StubHub?

I'm not sure to be honest Newark is showing a general sale tomorrow at ten instead of the verified fan sale but it doesn't look like any of the other shows are showing that. I'd try for Newark if you can travel and if they add more dates you could probably try for those. Not sure how likely that is though seeing as these dates haven't sold out yet. 

Looks like that "presale" pop up is showing for Chicago too. 

Edited by Damoratis

it's now starting to pop up on a lot more shows like all of the shows except for Uniondale and New York have them now. 

Where are you looking?  I’m using the Ticketmaster app and it’s still asking for a code and not showing me anything else.  Where are you seeing times for general sales? 

give me a second and I'll post screen shots for you. I'm on the Ticketmaster website on my laptop. 

Okay, so now I have to agree that they have screwed this up royally. The problem with having to register for the general sale, is that I don't get the option to decide to add another show by purchasing this way. I didn't sign up for the general sale because I was lucky enough to get tickets in the presale for the show I wanted...but now that they have announced another show on my birthday, I would like to try for that - and can't!

Info for Tulsa

Info for St. Luis

Info for San Jose

The info isn't showing for Inglewood on Ticketmaster (might not have one)

Chicago

Nashville

The info for Uniondale isn't showing on Ticketmaster (might not have one)

Washington DC

The info for Boston isn't showing on Ticketmaster (Might not have one)

The info for New York City isn't showing on Ticketmaster (Might not have one) 

Newark

Edited by Damoratis
adding more links

This is so helpful, Damoratis.  I’m gonna get off this app on my iPad and get online on my computer.  My app isn’t showing me any of this.  

So, did you get tickets or are you still trying?

5 minutes ago, Tracy M said:

Okay, so now I have to agree that they have screwed this up royally. The problem with having to register for the general sale, is that I don't get the option to decide to add another show by purchasing this way. I didn't sign up for the general sale because I was lucky enough to get tickets in the presale for the show I wanted...but now that they have announced another show on my birthday, I would like to try for that - and can't!

That's incorrect. The new show they just added is using a new sign up go to the tour page and the new date will have a link to sign up. 

Just now, moyabean said:

This is so helpful, Damoratis.  I’m gonna get off this app on my iPad and get online on my computer.  My app isn’t showing me any of this.  

So, did you get tickets or are you still trying?

I already got tickets in the innocence presale and the onsale today. I'll be hitting the Uniondale, Newark and Philly shows. 

Oh, I’m so jealous, but congrats on your ticket success!!!  Thanks so much for your help.  I haven’t given up hope, yet. 

Just now, moyabean said:

Oh, I’m so jealous, but congrats on your ticket success!!!  Thanks so much for your help.  I haven’t given up hope, yet. 

Yeah I didn't realize how lucky I got. I was even able to grab ga for Uniondale. I'll be in the upper seats for Philly and Newark though but at least I'm in the building. Yeah don't give up I honestly think after this general onsale tomorrow for most of these dates they'll add more shows. 

Registered for Montreal #2. Not sure we will go...but it is my birthday.....

2 minutes ago, Tracy M said:

Registered for Montreal #2. Not sure we will go...but it is my birthday.....

Glad you were able to register Tracy. Good luck 

Edited by Damoratis

Nice Tracy!  I hope you get great tickets.  That would be an amazing b’day present!

LMAO..  All the verified bullcrap blew up in their faces.  The fan club was a disaster with so many of us getting screwed over and left without a code..  And now they have to ditch the verified only strategy and open it up for everyone, because of poor sales overall.  Did Livenation and Guy really think they were going to shift all those outrageously overpriced seats by doing an invite only sale?  Trying to dupe everyone into thinking it was a privilege to be "chosen" for the opportunity to purchase overpriced, garbage seats, creating a false sense of urgency....  U2 fans aren't stupid.  Maybe that will work for some teeny bopper singers, but U2 fans didn't fall over themselves to buy such overpriced trash.   Tons of unsold seats in many venues I see.

2 hours ago, Damoratis said:

Info for Tulsa

Info for St. Luis

Info for San Jose

The info isn't showing for Inglewood on Ticketmaster (might not have one)

Chicago

Nashville

The info for Uniondale isn't showing on Ticketmaster (might not have one)

Washington DC

The info for Boston isn't showing on Ticketmaster (Might not have one)

The info for New York City isn't showing on Ticketmaster (Might not have one) 

Newark

Uniondale was showing a general public banner around 5pm this afternoon, but now it disappeared.

9 hours ago, moyabean said:

Nice Tracy!  I hope you get great tickets.  That would be an amazing b’day present!

Thanks guys. Originally, we were going for Montreal #1 as it's the day before, but I was really worried about dealing with a non-Ticketmaster partner site on top of all the other stuff for Verified Fan, so we're doing Nashville, and that is my birthday present. But when they announced the 2nd date ON my birthday....it's really, really, tempting. Especially because we could swing through Ottawa on the way to visit my son. I am STILL hoping for some Toronto dates at some point though. 

Well you must only preregister on odd days of the week to be considered. On the day of the pre-sale if your name starts with a vowel then you may receive a code unless you don't have a partner company's mobile phone account. You then must log into the TM website exactly at 9:54 am, not 9:53 or 9:55. You must also be running a MAC with the Chrome browser. When 10:00 comes around you should be standing on only one leg. Now if you do all of this you will probably get the 100 GA tickets that were available.

JK

8 hours ago, Tracy M said:

Thanks guys. Originally, we were going for Montreal #1 as it's the day before, but I was really worried about dealing with a non-Ticketmaster partner site on top of all the other stuff for Verified Fan, so we're doing Nashville, and that is my birthday present. But when they announced the 2nd date ON my birthday....it's really, really, tempting. Especially because we could swing through Ottawa on the way to visit my son. I am STILL hoping for some Toronto dates at some point though. 

Ironically, it seems the partner site process went much more smoothly than through the Ticketmaster site.

I was able to get GA for Montreal #1 without any stress. 

Sorry to all those still struggling!

~Peace

1 hour ago, sboccia said:

Well you must only preregister on odd days of the week to be considered. On the day of the pre-sale if your name starts with a vowel then you may receive a code unless you don't have a partner company's mobile phone account. You then must log into the TM website exactly at 9:54 am, not 9:53 or 9:55. You must also be running a MAC with the Chrome browser. When 10:00 comes around you should be standing on only one leg. Now if you do all of this you will probably get the 100 GA tickets that were available.

JK

? ? Laughing and crying here!  Now I get it!  Plus, I wasn’t wearing my special underwear.