After this disasterous presale and general sale I've come to the conclusion that U2 doesn't need me as a fan anymore. I have sacrificed thousands of dollars traveling the globe to see my favorite band perform. I've been so lucky to be front and center at many shows. I've made life long friendships. I met my boyfriend in a GA line.  

Maybe I've needed U2 all of this time.  I thought they needed me too. 

Now I feel they don't need me as a fan any longer. I'm dispensabe. U2 doesn't need me anymore. 

Deb

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think we are all feeling a bit downtrodden after all this. I have to believe the band had good intentions with agreeing to the ‘Verified’ ticket sales, but that it didn’t go as imagined. I do wish the band would put up some sort of official statement or something about what happened though. 

Have to say I do feel deflated by all this. I like others have followed the band since 1981 and have seen them live 46 times. I always get nervous at times tours are announced and have got tickets through the fan club or queueing at the venues, without many issues. Only time I was disappointed was Twickenham in 2005 when I was up in the gods with people who didn’t know, I still haven’t found what I’m looking for, I ended up going to Paris through a package deal and got very good seats, so why couldn’t I have purchased them through the Pre-Sale. All other tours I have either been GA or fantastic seats. Now with what has happened in US I am dreading the European pre-sale and feel the U2 fans are being treated incredibly poorly. Of course getting tickets is a sort of lottery but that’s why we joined the fan club back in the early 80’s so we got a better chance and ultimately first choice. 

I have said before if everyone in the fan club got 2 tickets of their choice there would still be plenty left for general sale afterwards across all the shows. 

Very sad that after all these years fans are left in this position and I just don’t understand why. The shows would sell out whatever so why leave us with this bad taste. 

Truly feel for the US fans particularly those who like me have been following the boys since the early 80s. There is something just not right about all this and I just pray it is looked at before the European announcement. 

I'm afraid it is now official. U2 are not interested in their fans now.

Check out the new explicit rules for future presale at montreal2.

Clearly states the band will now exclude paid up u2.com members from presale. The band have learned nothing.

I have been a fan of this band for over 30 years and been to 30 shows but like thousands of other fans I will no longer be interested in the circus that is a U2 tour.

A sad day indeed.

I doubt the band feels they don't need us fans; especially those of us who pay to be members of U2.com.  I think this presale debacle is very complicated.  It is now the general sale and I can't look at tickets because it says I need a code.  It's ludicrous.  I don't think it's U2.  I think it's the system.  I wonder if they are taking so long to address this because they are, themselves, trying to figure out what went wrong.  By they, I don't mean the band.  I mean the people who work for the band.  Unfortunately U2 are big business and there are a lot of thieves in our world.  It's very sad it happens but it does and it sucks.  I totally agree what happened in the presale sucks.  People have blamed the moderators and U2.com and even the band members.  Why would they not care and screw their die hard fan base?  It makes no sense.  The moderators were working overnight.  I know because one was very kind to me.  I was speaking with that mod at four in the morning and that mod was still going at it late the next day.  The band itself did the verified ticket thing to try to get tickets into the hands of their fans.  Why would they not care?  My hope is that they are silent because they are very busy trying to make this right for when more shows get announced and the next round of presales begins.  I wanted GAs too.  I cannot express how badly I wanted GAs for this tour.  I don't blame U2.  I blame the system and all the crooks making millions off of manipulating it, scooping up the tickets and listing them on those darn secondary ticket brokers who have them listed before the presales even begin.  It sucks.

Edited by Manohlive

15 hours ago, zoostervox said:

After this disasterous presale and general sale I've come to the conclusion that U2 doesn't need me as a fan anymore. I have sacrificed thousands of dollars traveling the globe to see my favorite band perform. I've been so lucky to be front and center at many shows. I've made life long friendships. I met my boyfriend in a GA line.  

Maybe I've needed U2 all of this time.  I thought they needed me too. 

Now I feel they don't need me as a fan any longer. I'm dispensabe. U2 doesn't need me anymore. 

Deb

I like your screen name.  It's clever.

6 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I doubt the band feels they don't need us fans; especially those of us who pay to be members of U2.com.  I think this presale debacle is very complicated.  It is now the general sale and I can't look at tickets because it says I need a code.  It's ludicrous.  I don't think it's U2.  I think it's the system.  I wonder if they are taking so long to address this because they are, themselves, trying to figure out what went wrong.  By they, I don't mean the band.  I mean the people who work for the band.  Unfortunately U2 are big business and there are a lot of thieves in our world.  It's very sad it happens but it does and it sucks.  I totally agree what happened in the presale sucks.  People have blamed the moderators and U2.com and even the band members.  Why would they not care and screw their die hard fan base?  It makes no sense.  The moderators were working overnight.  I know because one was very kind to me.  I was speaking with that mod at four in the morning and that mod was still going at it late the next day.  The band itself did the verified ticket thing to try to get tickets into the hands of their fans.  Why would they not care?  My hope is that they are silent because they are very busy trying to make this right for when more shows get announced and the next round of presales begins.  I wanted GAs too.  I cannot express how badly I wanted GAs for this tour.  I don't blame U2.  I blame the system and all the crooks making millions off of manipulating it, scooping up the tickets and listing them on those darn secondary ticket brokers who have them listed before the presales even begin.  It sucks.

I agree I don’t blame the band and I certainly don’t blame the mods they have been very open and tried to help, from everything I have read on here but something is wrong here and it does need addressing. It is sadly too late for the US fans but surely something will be done before the European leg and mistakes at least be learnt from. 

The Mods will not be wanting a repeat of this scenario either and I hope they get supported in finding a better fairer way to go forward. 

I feel so sad for all the genuine U2 fans who have missed out and still hope a solution is found for everyone.

8 hours ago, KEV ANGELL said:

I feel so sad for all the genuine U2 fans who have missed out and still hope a solution is found for everyone.

I still think one will be.  They just announced a second show in Chicago and it's a week after the first show's presale.  They usually get announced much more quickly.  I think something must be in the works.

With all due respect, you people need to stop being so naive.  I mean that respectfully.  

U2 is a money making machine that is, and has been, hands on in everything they do.  

The chances they are not fully aware of how this was set up is zero.  Sorry.  

This exercise is about wringing every last cent out of every last ticket possible. 

I do agree the treatment the fan club has received is ridiculous.  I will never pay another dollar to be a member of this site.  #me(U2)

16 hours ago, alanelise said:

Check out the new explicit rules for future presale at montreal2.

Clearly states the band will now exclude paid up u2.com members from presale.

trying to keep up to date with stuff as its added, can you add link, where it says that? thanks

Bugwave

3 hours ago, bigwave said:

trying to keep up to date with stuff as its added, can you add link, where it says that? thanks

In the new FAQ for presales. It states there is no guarantee of receiving a presale access code. 

Therefore the same thing will happen again as the first presale. Genuine long time U2 fans will be caught out and not receive codes.

If you know different and can offer a guarantee to all genuine fans , it would be really nice to hear for a lot of people who were frozen out of the first round of presales.

Stay strong guys! It might not be about being in the best spot for all the shows, it may be about the experiences you have and the people you interact with along the way. @zoostervox think about what you said in that you've found a boyfriend and had such great memories linked to U2! You might have been shafted in this flustercluck presale like most of us have but you can still attend a show and you still have the good memories and all of the relationships that have been created from your experiences and travels linked to the band! :)

On 22/11/2017 at 1:24 PM, alanelise said:

Bugwave

In the new FAQ for presales. It states there is no guarantee of receiving a presale access code. 

Therefore the same thing will happen again as the first presale. Genuine long time U2 fans will be caught out and not receive codes.

If you know different and can offer a guarantee to all genuine fans , it would be really nice to hear for a lot of people who were frozen out of the first round of presales.

I was told by U2.com when I called fan club members are not guaranteed a pre sale code. That was for European shows though. Paul McGuinness you are missed

On 1/16/2018 at 9:17 PM, Cazza said:

I was told by U2.com when I called fan club members are not guaranteed a pre sale code.

They should have added some context -

i.e. some examples that would rule out a subscriber from receiving a code currently :

they have used a code recently on NA leg

they have been found to have multiple accounts

and sometimes codes are not received because of database / human error.. that is true, and in those cases we always try to help get resolution

3 hours ago, bigwave said:

They should have added some context -

i.e. some examples that would rule out a subscriber from receiving a code currently :

they have used a code recently on NA leg

they have been found to have multiple accounts

and sometimes codes are not received because of database / human error.. that is true, and in those cases we always try to help get resolution

Thanks Bigwave. Good to know as theoetson who spoke to me said it wouls be a lottery type system. Thanks for your clarification and taking the time.

U2 is like the rolling stones at the moment...all for the love of money....too bad...its not that nice band anymore from the past. They get touring to make money untill bono's voice broke forever. 50 bucks for membership....i was a propoganda member from the beginning. I just forget to paid my account for one year ( so no litos as well ) and now i am in the innocence pe sale group. Lucky to have  2 GA. But seats at 200 euro ??????? In the back of the venue?????????????? Come on.............

I noticed that as a long time (since 1992) and now "experience" member - the best seats available at the O2 London, within 1 minute of first resale were in Block 110 and then the rear quarter blocks until they sold out. I looked at Ticketmaster and the "VIP Party" packages had all the best seats Thursday morning and STILL do.

For £295 per ticket you can sit in Block 110  The Gold Hot Ticket Package

For £465.75 per ticket you can sit in Row H of Block 112 The VIP Party Package

For £506.75 per ticket you can sit in Row P of Block 112 The Premium VIP Part Package

Various "complementary" drinks and nibbles are also included. Along with laminates and very exciting merchandise item...

"Is this roc n roll?!! Is this rock n roll?! is this rock n roll?!"......

Now, in 2015 my fan club tickets were in Row H in Block 112 and I was very excited about being up close but when we got to the venue we were told due to the "production" we had to be moved to new seats.... In Block 110... I wonder why that was....

Don't get me wrong, seen them 26 times (Red Zone 5 times, been to Europe blah blah....all since 1984) and already have tickets in GA and Red Zone for London & Manchester.... But really, holding back the best seats from your long time fans for the corporate customers - seats which are available TODAY just does seem to confirm it about the dollar not the fan / band experience... 

I remember Bono talking on Radio 1 in 1992 about how he was not going to do what other bands do - bend over to be sponsored by coca cola or pepsi etc...

IS THIS ROCK N ROLL?

Watch less TV Boys - Remember why you started and remember who matters most.

On 20/01/2018 at 2:11 PM, Bucko said:

I noticed that as a long time (since 1992) and now "experience" member - the best seats available at the O2 London, within 1 minute of first resale were in Block 110 and then the rear quarter blocks until they sold out. I looked at Ticketmaster and the "VIP Party" packages had all the best seats Thursday morning and STILL do.

For £295 per ticket you can sit in Block 110  The Gold Hot Ticket Package

For £465.75 per ticket you can sit in Row H of Block 112 The VIP Party Package

For £506.75 per ticket you can sit in Row P of Block 112 The Premium VIP Part Package

Various "complementary" drinks and nibbles are also included. Along with laminates and very exciting merchandise item...

"Is this roc n roll?!! Is this rock n roll?! is this rock n roll?!"......

Now, in 2015 my fan club tickets were in Row H in Block 112 and I was very excited about being up close but when we got to the venue we were told due to the "production" we had to be moved to new seats.... In Block 110... I wonder why that was....

Don't get me wrong, seen them 26 times (Red Zone 5 times, been to Europe blah blah....all since 1984) and already have tickets in GA and Red Zone for London & Manchester.... But really, holding back the best seats from your long time fans for the corporate customers - seats which are available TODAY just does seem to confirm it about the dollar not the fan / band experience... 

I remember Bono talking on Radio 1 in 1992 about how he was not going to do what other bands do - bend over to be sponsored by coca cola or pepsi etc...

IS THIS ROCK N ROLL?

Watch less TV Boys - Remember why you started and remember who matters most.

Brilliant summary Bucko, similar to you have been watching the band since 1983 and we always use to get the best available tickets but this all changed on the Vertigo Tour for me, when the best seats started to be held back for whatever reason. 

I bought GOLD seat tickets at O2 and am in Block 110, this after having Red Zone tickets but being unable to purchase them, so all allocated GAs we’re gone by the time this had all happened.

still love the band and I genuinely think SOE is the best all round album since Pop but I no longer feel special as a fan anymore. I have always through the years said to colleagues who asked why I love the band so much, that it was, apart from great music, because they acknowledge the fans and seem genuinely humble towards us.

I certainly think Paul McGuinness was a major part of looking after and valuing the fans and it was a sad day for me when he said goodbye.

I know it’s the way of the world now and you get what you pay for but having to pay £500 plus per ticket to get the best available seats is very very sad to me. Fan club members should get the selection of the best tickets at sensible pricing, probably the Gold pricing structure and not these VIP packages.

I have been fortunate to get GAs last 4 tours but due to my wife being unwell this year, we went for Red Zone initially as we could turn up late but still be near the front but for some reason having been allotted the tickets couldn’t process the order.

i am grateful we have got tickets again to see the boys, as I know some haven’t yet but I no longer feel special or valued, which to me is another very sad day, 35 years on from the first time I saw them.

Edited by KEV ANGELL

So much for looking after the fans, shambles over membership gift, no pre sale codes for experience members, limited concert dates(none in Scotland) ridiculous ticket prices for decent seats, it looks like the band have finally sold out to corporate greed. Like many of you I think its finally time to say goodbye U2 enjoy your wealth after all its the fans you've forgotten that have always put hands in their pockets to follow you,and buy albums and merchandise but have finally had enough.

On 1/21/2018 at 11:05 AM, KEV ANGELL said:

Brilliant summary Bucko, similar to you have been watching the band since 1983 and we always use to get the best available tickets but this all changed on the Vertigo Tour for me, when the best seats started to be held back for whatever reason. 

I bought GOLD seat tickets at O2 and am in Block 110, this after having Red Zone tickets but being unable to purchase them, so all allocated GAs we’re gone by the time this had all happened.

still love the band and I genuinely think SOE is the best all round album since Pop but I no longer feel special as a fan anymore. I have always through the years said to colleagues who asked why I love the band so much, that it was, apart from great music, because they acknowledge the fans and seem genuinely humble towards us.

I certainly think Paul McGuinness was a major part of looking after and valuing the fans and it was a sad day for me when he said goodbye.

I know it’s the way of the world now and you get what you pay for but having to pay £500 plus per ticket to get the best available seats is very very sad to me. Fan club members should get the selection of the best tickets at sensible pricing, probably the Gold pricing structure and not these VIP packages.

I have been fortunate to get GAs last 4 tours but due to my wife being unwell this year, we went for Red Zone initially as we could turn up late but still be near the front but for some reason having been allotted the tickets couldn’t process the order.

i am grateful we have got tickets again to see the boys, as I know some haven’t yet but I no longer feel special or valued, which to me is another very sad day, 35 years on from the first time I saw them.

Very well put Kev, I feel the same.  For Vertigo 05 Tour we lined up from 11.00 at Manchester (ETIHAD Stadium) with our fan club GA tickets and were about 100 in line I should think... By the time we got into the stadium, the front section was already full from fans coming in from other entrances... Now, they may have been fan club members but surely there should be a specific entry point for members ahead of other fans?

Or does the fan club just mean paying extra for tickets ?!

I felt guilty for writing my post because it felt so disloyal  !! But I do not think it's me - after all, we are the long time fans paying and giving them " a great life"!  I feel really sad about it - I think it's part of the reason I see Pearl Jam as more of the band I love now - when up to 2004 it had been U2 since I was 13.....Sad really but they are still amazing and making incredible albums which PJ has not done for over a decade in truth..... Just lost the people touch and it's definitely since Paul McGuinness retired... They know what LiveNation do too..

I feel sad but I won't stop being a member or going to see them or buying their music. I don't however, defend them so much from the haters like I used to. 

Oh well - bring on the Tour, it'll be brilliant no doubt! Better be, I could've taken my 4 kids on holiday for what I will end up paying to see them 4 times!!