Sign in to follow this  
cmooreNC

General Sales WITHOUT CODES this morning?

Check it out, folks.  A lot of the shows were pulled offline last night and are now going on "general public sale" this morning at 10 (local times).  It appears these will all be WITHOUT codes.

I don't expect any new inventory to appear, though.  Probably the same high priced seats they couldn't sell yesterday in the "general public verified fan" onsale.

Right now in DC there's nothing available unless you buy the VIP package starting at the low low price of $291 each.

Just when you thought they were doing the right thing....sigh

Nope.  They're just trying to move the inventory they had left yesterday when the code sales fell flat.  And of course "verified resale" tickets at even HIGHER resale market prices, too.  That's a bit like rubbing salt in an open wound.  :-(

Last night when I checked (11/20) there were still a lot of seats available in DC and Long Island. 

Today (11/21) at 10am when the sales started back up, there were no tickets at either venue. DC - 'No tickets avsilable'; and LI link took me straight to TM sanctioned resale site. 

Where'd the tickets go?

Did TM shift all remaining VFan tickets over to Resale to call it a Sold Out show? Those tickets were available for sale last night!

I have no idea.  It truly appears that they're making this sh*t up as they go.  I've seen a lot of strange on sales over the years, but I think this one pretty much takes the cake.

21 minutes ago, cmooreNC said:

Nope.  They're just trying to move the inventory they had left yesterday when the code sales fell flat.  And of course "verified resale" tickets at even HIGHER resale market prices, too.  That's a bit like rubbing salt in an open wound.  :-(

Isn’t that a little like being their own scalpers? Here....you can’t buy tickets without a code...wait yes you can but we bought them already and will resell them to you for the low low markup of 50-100% above face value. ☹️

1 minute ago, skeegan68 said:

Isn’t that a little like being their own scalpers? Here....you can’t buy tickets without a code...wait yes you can but we bought them already and will resell them to you for the low low markup of 50-100% above face value. ☹️

Not sure these resale tickets are inventory they had directly, or if these are indeed tickets that others purchased and are now reselling..... you know, the scalpers that their "verified fan" system prevented from getting tickets.  Oh, wait.....  This whole thing is insane!

Ticketmaster probably took them all down so they can pretend it's a sellout and add a show.  That's their scheme.

Just FYI... looks like tickets are available now for Atlanta with no code. I just checked, you can get 2 tickets at the $175 price point still, but it looks like nothing but $175 or $329 are available.

HaHa! One minute into general on sale and getting error messages on TM site. This has got to be by far the worst ticketing experience EVER!

• Brilliant 1

Nashville & Tulsa (and LI and Newark before that) only seem to have resale.  What a flippin' farce!

56 minutes ago, sped said:

Last night when I checked (11/20) there were still a lot of seats available in DC and Long Island. 

Today (11/21) at 10am when the sales started back up, there were no tickets at either venue. DC - 'No tickets avsilable'; and LI link took me straight to TM sanctioned resale site. 

Where'd the tickets go?

Did TM shift all remaining VFan tickets over to Resale to call it a Sold Out show? Those tickets were available for sale last night!

Yes - the can just put them on TicketMaster resale and dynamically price them down until they sell without looking like they lowered the face value on the primary and piss off the people that bought the overpriced upper crap seats

That's definitely what has happened in Chicago. I'm fine with it if it leads to add-on shows, but it will be the same result if they allow resale of GA. 

14 minutes ago, cmooreNC said:

Nashville & Tulsa (and LI and Newark before that) only seem to have resale.  What a flippin' farce!

That would explain why I am getting the error for Nashville. I am sorry...this band is either directly scamming or is complicit in letting TM pull this. Larry can tell me to screw off in his next "apology" letter about ticket debacles. They can't play naive like they did in 2005 anymore.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lowlight10 said:

That's definitely what has happened in Chicago. I'm fine with it if it leads to add-on shows, but it will be the same result if they allow resale of GA. 

@lowlight10 off topic but I love your avatar. Loud love. 

~Sue

Edited by skeegan68
  • Like 1

Just now, skeegan68 said:

@lowlight10 off topic but I love your avatar. Loud love. 

Thank you. Tattooed on my wrist after we lost him. Saw him for the last time a year ago yesterday (TOTD in Seattle).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmooreNC said:

I have no idea.  It truly appears that they're making this sh*t up as they go.  I've seen a lot of strange on sales over the years, but I think this one pretty much takes the cake.

they are for sure not making it up.  they are squeezing every last cent out of the tickets that they can.  

I don't know what the heck they're doing over there at Ticketmaster / Live Nation but they're definitely being very shady. 

• Upvote 1

This whole process stinks. There has got to be a better way. TM made people jump through way too many hoops for the privilege of buying a ticket.

This morning around 10:30 PST I tried to pull tickets in SJ and there were literally only 10 or 15 seats, mostly singles in the entire venue (according to their map that shows the dots of available seats.) I looked at the same map yesterday during the Verified Fan onsale and about an 8th of the venue was unsold but mostly upper corners. Now there are way more available than yesterday. I would bet less than 3/4 of the seats are sold. I wouldn't be expecting too many 2nd dates on this tour. 

I believe the band and management made every effort to do this the right way but they were sold a bill of goods from Ticketmaster and TM screwed the pooch.

Edited by sboccia

just checked and you can get GA tickets for San Jose without a code

8 hours ago, cmooreNC said:

Wondering if that also ties into the seat/record bundle issue? Unsold seats equals unsold records and that doesn't help you top the charts on Record Release week. Just selling the seats isn't enough; the buyer has to opt in to download the cd or provide an address. In my cynical mind, I have visions of thousands of LN/TM friends opting in to download the record from those newly resold seats;)

So if you buy from a resale site, demand a download of the cd!

It all looks very sad and aimed at maximising ticket revenue. I was at a meeting yesterday listening to the agent for possibly the biggest solo artist in the world right now and he explained how they have put in place their own system to stop secondary sales and touts hoovering up tickets for forthcoming tour. They spent 10 days going through purchases manually to verify 1.1m tickets. Every ticket is personally named and the T&C at time of purchase made it clear any resale attempt would result in cancellation. They also threatened all secondary sellers with legal action if any attempted to list tickets. Only Viagogo ignored this - as they ignore anything legal. They expect some 95% plus of tickets to find fans at face value. And if you can't go and need to sell, they have their own outlet to allow face value only sales.

The problem for U2, even if they wanted to do something similar, is that contractually they may be constrained by the deal with Live Nation. I expect they are still in pay back mode and the contract hasn't got much time left to run. The Live Nation model is designed to maximise revenue across all areas which is why they own all aspects, including the band.

Very interesting, liverpool54321, I believe U2's contract with LN goes to/through 2020. Perhaps U2's people should be talking to your artist's people and others (I think Adele has been mentioned) who are doing a better job at getting tickets away from resellers. Also other ticketing options. Surely there is a startup poised to take TM's crown away just as TM once took away Ticketron's crown (in the US). A few major artists banding together can help that along.

They could also tell LN to play nicely with fans or take a leap. They only got to be a monopoly because artists let it happen. I know I'm being a Pollyanna, but man, somebody has got to do something.