Sign in to follow this  
Uvibor2

#BoycottSoETour2018

I have a Propaganda issue directly mailed to me from U2's Principle Management office, That says it all about how long I have been devoted to the greatest band ever and to my musical fathers. My favorite tour of all time is Zoo TV and its Zooropa edition. Seeing it in Verona, Italy in 1993, with Pearl Jam opening, has completely blown me away. U2 was my spiritual and emotional home ever since.

Sadly, last week has brought an extreme disappointment and heart break. SoE Tour 2018 presale has left me with feeling of being used by mercenaries. How else would you explain renewing U2.com subscription, getting an Innocence code (why not Experience?) and being offered 2 tickets at $730 as the only option?

My life has been crocheted with U2's music, its message, the way it touched me, the way it moved me, healed me, got me through some tough times, made me win my beautiful wife, opened my horizons and my heart. .I will always cherish it but I cannot nurture this relationship when feeling cheated and mistrusted. 

Please prove me wrong. Until then, I will #Boycott2018SoETour and all other U2 live and studio events. 

"You ask me to enter

But then you make me crawl

And I can't be holding on to 

When all I got is hurt" 

Edited by Uvibor2
misspelling
  • Like 1

It seems a lot of long-time fans will be "boycotting" by default.......................

• Like 1

So the mere fact that you didn't get the exact tickets you wanted is enough to make you turn your back on the band that you claim is so important to your life?  I guess you weren't really that big of a fan.  

56 minutes ago, Gjachts said:

So the mere fact that you didn't get the exact tickets you wanted is enough to make you turn your back on the band that you claim is so important to your life?  I guess you weren't really that big of a fan.  

Yeah... I can never turn my back on them.  "Die-hard" as they say.  I have nothing negative to say about U2 but they ticket process, yes....:wacko: The situation is not life or death, but disappointing for so many people. I have no answers on making this process better or easier.

1 hour ago, Gjachts said:

I think the idea is like if you were married for 30 years and that person was important in your life - and they hurt you...then well you would probably consider "boycotting" them.  You would still be a big fan...but willing to boycott.

Of course .... I wouldn't necessarily put U2 at the same level as my wife (in case she reads post ;))...

• Haha 1

yeah got to watch out for having even a day or two lapse in paying the shake down money or a 20 year subscriber could get relegated back to the status of a guy who joined for the first time last week. that hasn't happened to me but i watch out for expiration date. 

i wish it was like college football. the more money you have given over time to the athletic association, the more and better tickets you get. that is what i like about and admire about scalpers. they have product and they get you what you want and need. a thousand years of U2.com dues and it always the same. anxiety on pre-sale day.  

1 hour ago, manon amos said:

A lot of long-time fans joined U2.com in 2009...what did you do in 2005?

No , the website started in 2005 but many memberships are marked as starting in 2009 even though they didn't lapse. 

This is certainly the case for me. 

I think they gave a lot of us 3 extra months membership and the start date on the accounts links to around renewal date at time 

Is this like the 2009 boycott when logins weren't working on the NLOTH themed website or is it something completely new?

6 hours ago, manon amos said:

A lot of long-time fans joined U2.com in 2009...what did you do in 2005?

5 hours ago, kaber said:

No , the website started in 2005 but many memberships are marked as starting in 2009 even though they didn't lapse. 

I think they gave a lot of us 3 extra months membership and the start date on the accounts links to around renewal date at time 

Yes, I’ve subscribed since mail in propaganda ticket days and have my metal U2 fan club ID card on a chain from 2005 (which was also a mess for presales) and my account here says 2009.  I never lapsed, it’s something to do with the website. 

19 hours ago, kaber said:

True.

I agree that this presale was far from perfect, and it definitely is a scam for them to ask us to re-suscribe early...... however, let's remember that they've always said that being a suscriber is not a guarantee that you will get tickets. So if the expensive tickets were all that was left, that is simply the risk we've always faced. No one forces us to pay the suscription, and many fans get tickets on the general sale without a problem. So let's not get so melodramatic here..... My advice would be that if you want to skip the shows or their albums it is perfectly fine.... you are not obligated to buy or attend....... but if you want to see the show, and are just not going to make a point.... i think you should try and go, because nor the band or the organizers are going to notice you are not there

On 11/24/2017 at 11:26 AM, alekdome said:

because nor the band or the organizers are going to notice you are not there

On an individual level, that may be true... but they definitely noticed that each and every one of these E&I shows failed to sell out on its first day of sales, which was unimaginable a year ago, or two years ago when I&E was here. 

The seats at the lower price levels are generally sold out.  The seats at the high price level that are actually close to the stage and offer a good view of the screen are sold out. What's not sold out are the upper level $330 tickets, or the upper level high row $175 tickets.  The band overreached on those price points and sections.

It's crazy that the band played New Jersey over the summer and sold approximately 100,000-150,000 tickets between two shows which sold out in minutes... but have been unable to sell out a 15,000 venue in the same area.  100,000 people in New Jersey didn't decide overnght that they hated U2.  They decided they weren't spending $700+ to sit in the upper deck.

On 11/25/2017 at 5:04 PM, vertigojds said:

On an individual level, that may be true... but they definitely noticed that each and every one of these E&I shows failed to sell out on its first day of sales, which was unimaginable a year ago, or two years ago when I&E was here. 

The seats at the lower price levels are generally sold out.  The seats at the high price level that are actually close to the stage and offer a good view of the screen are sold out. What's not sold out are the upper level $330 tickets, or the upper level high row $175 tickets.  The band overreached on those price points and sections.

It's crazy that the band played New Jersey over the summer and sold approximately 100,000-150,000 tickets between two shows which sold out in minutes... but have been unable to sell out a 15,000 venue in the same area.  100,000 people in New Jersey didn't decide overnght that they hated U2.  They decided they weren't spending $700+ to sit in the upper deck.

...And by showtime those once overpriced seats will be miraculously filled with the asses of fans once TM and Live Nation reduce the prices to them after seeing that they were a bit too "optimistic" on the price point.

On 11/23/2017 at 9:39 AM, kaber said:

2009 was the date this version of Zootopia began, so earliest start date anyone can show on profile here is 2009.

• Upvote 2