Sign in to follow this  
skeegan68

Look on the bright side...and count your blessings

Yes it sound Pollyanna, but hey...there are good things that showed up from this presale/sale situation. This negativity, however deserved, is getting me down!  In light of Thanksgiving week I will start by listing a few good things: 

It shows how much we love our band. How much faith we have in them (and I still have faith they will try to make it right—but It’s impossible to please everyone—back In Propaganda days we just didn’t have a place to complain together ?). How passionate we all are about U2. They are touring and making new music.

The guys will be on SNL 12/2 and having the NYC/LA listening parties soon, maybe one or more of us will be lucky enough to attend (I, for one, am going to try my damndest for SNL and NYC!!!).

Most importantly, it shows how lucky we actually are to be stressing over attending a concert. We are able bodied enough to attend and have at least some disposable cash to spend and the freedom to go where we want. There are far worse things we could be worrying over. Perspective ?

Try to enjoy your Thanksgiving, my US friends, and your weekend, to all ???

xoxo

~Sue

• Like 8
  • Brilliant 1

I don't think that the band are to blame. They create a "product," and then the business people go about selling it. The problem is that the business people got greedy. They misread the compliance of the fan base. The tickets were way, way overpriced and the people voted with their wallets.

U2 aren't out to rob you but the contract with Live Nation has been revealed to be a deal with the devil.

7 hours ago, skeegan68 said:

Most importantly, it shows how lucky we actually are to be stressing over attending a concert. We are able bodied enough to attend and have at least some disposable cash to spend and the freedom to go where we want. There are far worse things we could be worrying over.

^ I can't add anything to this. You've said it perfectly. ✌

10 hours ago, skeegan68 said:

Yes it sound Pollyanna, but hey...there are good things that showed up from this presale/sale situation. This negativity, however deserved, is getting me down!  In light of Thanksgiving week I will start by listing a few good things: 

It shows how much we love our band. How much faith we have in them (and I still have faith they will try to make it right—but It’s impossible to please everyone—back In Propaganda days we just didn’t have a place to complain together ?). How passionate we all are about U2. They are touring and making new music.

The guys will be on SNL 12/2 and having the NYC/LA listening parties soon, maybe one or more of us will be lucky enough to attend (I, for one, am going to try my damndest for SNL and NYC!!!).

Most importantly, it shows how lucky we actually are to be stressing over attending a concert. We are able bodied enough to attend and have at least some disposable cash to spend and the freedom to go where we want. There are far worse things we could be worrying over. Perspective ?

xoxo

~Sue

Amen! Happy Thanksgiving!

10 hours ago, skeegan68 said:

xoxo

~Sue

Definite First World problems!  Happy Thanksgiving! ? 

I agree. I saw someone get taken away by Life Flight last night. That is a serious life disruption; getting concert tickets isn't. Puts things into perspective. 

Right on Sue! 

It's just the time in which we live in, everything is too dependant on technology and things are not like it was even ten years ago.

I got my tickets with a bit of luck and scare, and I am STOKED to be seeing one of my favourite bands in one of my favourite cities !!! 

Viva Las Vegas...!!!! 

Well said!

I am afraid of how much I spent on tickets, and upset that they cost so much to begin with, but I am thankful to be seeing U2 again and thankful that they are still here making great music. And absolutely there are people out there who could never afford even the least expensive tickets, or people who hold on to their savings for more necessary things. 

But the biggest reason I continue to buy tickets to see the band whenever they are in my area is because it gives me something to look forward to. I'm sure I'm not the only one - there are days where U2 and their music are the only things keeping me here. I'm never happier than when I am at a U2 show. So I will always be grateful to them.