redsoxsrule

Behind the stage seating question?

What was it like sitting behind the stage for the 2015 I+e tour. I was only in the general admission last time in Boston, but this time I’m 4th row balcony section 324 for Boston and it’s directly behind the stage balcony. Anyone sit there or around there last time and what was the view like? 

i didnt sit behind the stage but I was like third row of the nosebleeds and you can sort of see the view

23suk5z.jpg

Also, as a yankee fan I shouldnt be helping out a red sox fan. I wanted to be nice though, I would think this could help you somewhat even if its not TD Garden

2 minutes ago, Clear31 said:

Also, as a yankee fan I shouldnt be helping out a red sox fan. I wanted to be nice though, I would think this could help you somewhat even if its not TD Garden

Thanks for the help. I was wondering about the screen and the view of the screen and if that screen will also obstruct the b-stage as I’m dirextly behind the main stage.

Go Sox!

Edited by redsoxsrule

I was behind the stage in Paris (you can see me on the DVD during Streets and Bad if you know just where to look), though I wasn't as high up as the balcony, so this might not help much. I thought it was actually a pretty cool spot; you see the show and the crowd going nuts from the band's point of view, at least when they're playing on the I-stage. I didn't have any trouble seeing the e-stage, but you might have more of an issue being higher up. The biggest drawback is you don't have much of a view of the stuff happening on the huge screen. IIRC there was a smaller screen facing our direction with some of the graphics but not the full effect of the huge screen. Hope it turns out well!

Also a Yankee fan, LOL.  Here was my view in 2015 first show at MSG.  Not as high as you will be.  Not centered behind the stage so it worked out.  Dead on I can see it being like you are missing out on the video stuff,  but should still be a worthwhile event.

FB_IMG_1511318206254.jpg

I was behind the stage at MSG in 2015, up in the nosebleeds.  The music was great, of course, but we did miss out on most of what was shown on the long screens.  I had different seats the night before so I had seen most of what was on the screen, and could focus on the music.   It's definitely nowhere near the experience that GA provides but the guys move around and play to the whole crowd.  And you'll be able to sit if you choose to. 

Oh, and the Red Sox suck.  ;)

I had lower level behind the stage seats for I&E. Based on the seating map when I purchased I could have sworn my seats were over by the auxillary stage so I was disappointed when I saw the actual view I was going to have. A lot of time staring at the bands back... though as others have noted they did have small screens so you could see the band members faces periodically. I was actually off the side enough that I had a decent view of the big screen. Could see the auxillary stage as well but by that time they were pretty far away.

11038725_10103168521354634_5345331536057044832_n.jpg

11047592_10103168521399544_5061139877953961642_n.jpg

back of the stage screen.jpg

11113818_10103168521908524_3927789707248836072_n.jpg

Edited by ruffian114
Add another picture

3 hours ago, ruffian114 said:

I had lower level behind the stage seats for I&E. Based on the seating map when I purchased I could have sworn my seats were over by the auxillary stage so I was disappointed when I saw the actual view I was going to have. A lot of time staring at the bands back... though as others have noted they did have small screens so you could see the band members faces periodically. I was actually off the side enough that I had a decent view of the big screen. Could see the auxillary stage as well but by that time they were pretty far away.

11038725_10103168521354634_5345331536057044832_n.jpg

11047592_10103168521399544_5061139877953961642_n.jpg

back of the stage screen.jpg

11113818_10103168521908524_3927789707248836072_n.jpg

Your further over to the side then I will be. I’m section 324 row 4 seats 1 and 2 for Boston TD Garden. 

For a U2 show, for me personally, if your in the building... your there, your in the mix.... for this one it’s very easy to be in the building, especially if you have the $$

Edited by hicksong
Spell check

On 11/21/2017 at 9:39 PM, dwenn said:

Also a Yankee fan, LOL.  Here was my view in 2015 first show at MSG.  Not as high as you will be.  Not centered behind the stage so it worked out.  Dead on I can see it being like you are missing out on the video stuff,  but should still be a worthwhile event.

FB_IMG_1511318206254.jpg

Do you recall what section you were in for this show?

I will be lower level right behind the stage sec 1 row B for Vegas, hopefully not too low.

Edited by kevin_hogan

I'd call the box office and ask them.  You'll know for sure.  If they say you can't see the screen-it never hurts to ask if you can be relocated.  You do know that TM has a policy where you can exchange you seats for others, yes?  Technically you can only do it twice, I think.  It's worth a shot. 

On 12/18/2017 at 11:41 AM, hicksong said:

just grab one, as cheap as you can get, and Roam......

Do you mean go grab someone else's seat?  It disrupts the show for others with the ensuing chaos.  It takes a good two or three minutes when the people who have the tix arrive and the ones who don't have the tix need to get up and leave.  That can ruin a song.  27 songs....$325.....do the math.  Many times those people arrive when the show has begun so an usher is involved and that really disrupts the show.  What's the difference between grabbing someone else's seat and skipping ahead in the GA line?  

I am not saying you are suggesting this.  It's really irritating, for most people, when others grab seats which are not theirs.

Posted (edited)
On 12/18/2017 at 9:41 AM, hicksong said:

just grab one, as cheap as you can get, and Roam......

I've done that for sporting events walking around the stadium and finding a place to stand but never for a concert unless I was in GA.  I'm looking forward being close behind the stage with my camera, next time I will have a view of the screen from the nose bleed section.    

Edited by kevin_hogan

Sitting behind the stage in row 2 Vegas was amazing.  What a view, especially since no one was in front of me, plus I could still see part of the screen.  Great view especially for the price, I highly recommend it and yes I would sit there again.  💚🇮🇪💚

I've sat behind the stage too and it was amazing.   As Keven Hogan said, it was inexpensive, considering the price of other seats.  I'd do it again as well.