Sign in to follow this  
Synj

GA Question

I missed I&E but assuming this setup is similar with the catwalk, E stage and screen dividing the arena.

Where are your favorite locations in GA? Where did most people like to be?

I only got to go to one show on the I&E tour, so I went to the E-stage since it had more of an intimate vibe. When they went back to the main stage, they seemed so far away, though. At that time, they spent maybe about half/half on each stage. There is so much rail, if you get there early enough you will have options. If I am able to go to more than 1 show, I plan on just hanging back and wandering from stage to stage with them so I can get a different perspective,

14 hours ago, toyoracer said:

I only got to go to one show on the I&E tour, so I went to the E-stage since it had more of an intimate vibe. When they went back to the main stage, they seemed so far away, though. At that time, they spent maybe about half/half on each stage. There is so much rail, if you get there early enough you will have options. If I am able to go to more than 1 show, I plan on just hanging back and wandering from stage to stage with them so I can get a different perspective,

Not sure if "hanging back and wandering" is a feasible option.  The GA areas on the arena floors lean toward the crowded side and many will try that approach, so you probably won't be able to simply "move" from one end to the other and actually get anywhere near the band members.  Admittedly I only caught one show on the '15 tour (at Madison Square Garden), but we found it best to pick a spot and stick with it.  We also got there pretty early (such that we were on line for about an hour before the doors opened).  I'm just guessing these shows will be very similar and that moving from one area to another during the show will require moving through a crowd.

I would check the setlists before you go and try to go nearest the stage where they play your favourite songs. 

The screens are also worth seeing for at least a few of the songs so may be worth changing position at some point 

7 hours ago, cmooreNC said:

Not sure if "hanging back and wandering" is a feasible option.  The GA areas on the arena floors lean toward the crowded side and many will try that approach, so you probably won't be able to simply "move" from one end to the other and actually get anywhere near the band members.  Admittedly I only caught one show on the '15 tour (at Madison Square Garden), but we found it best to pick a spot and stick with it.  We also got there pretty early (such that we were on line for about an hour before the doors opened).  I'm just guessing these shows will be very similar and that moving from one area to another during the show will require moving through a crowd.

Nah, I don't want to be close. If I have to stand behind all the others to move, I'll do that. I want to have my own GA dance party in the back of the crowd. 

• Brilliant 1

In 2015, I went to Montreal and Boston shows both in GA. For Montreal, I was in line at 4 pm. They opened the door at 6 pm. I was close to the main stage and almost on the rail. When U2 played the B-stage (about 5-6 songs), I had almost no view of the band. I did not want to loose my spot and did not move  to the B-stage. When the band members were on the cat walk, they were so close (see picture). In Boston, I used a different strategy. I entered the place at 7:15 pm. Just before the show started, I was next to the entrance were Bono entered the arena near Stage B. He walked just in front of me. I then walked near the Main stage as Bono was also walking on the cat walk toward the main stage. It was fantastic. I had a very good view of the main stage when they played the main stage. I moved from the main stage to the B -stage about 1 song before the band moved to the B - stage. I was on the rail for the B-stage songs but with a "rear view" (just behind Larry). At the end of the 5-6 songs on Stage B, they started to play Bad on the B-stage and they walked to the main stage while playing Bad. I was also walking (not on the cat walk ) with them as I moved back to the main stage. This was awesome and one of the best memory ever.. In the end, when I returned to the main stage, I was not close; had a nice view but not close. Overall, I was able to move from one side to another. There is a lot of space. I will try to have the same experience again as I have GA ticket again for Montreal and Boston. Enjoy!

U2Montreal2.jpg

• Like 2