Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Max Tsukino

Update: U2 Manager Guy Oseary Responds To Fans' Concerns Over E+I Tour Pre-sales

I haven't had time to read through this whole thread so apologies if this is already covered.  Has there been any follow up to Mr Osearys letter  or was he just paying lip service to get over a bad situation.  I am not expecting weekly contact but I would have thought there might have been some follow up. After all the problems have not gone away,

It wont be fixed imo I picked up floor seats last summer in KY with no problem. I  signed up the last night for verified seats and for the forum that came across with no issues.  The rub is with ticket master when trying to purchase tix it seemed the tix were being sold at inflated prices and the seats you wanted were being sold faster than you could buy them. No floor Ga tix available after the experienced sale. I have received my tix already but would have prefered ga tix. A friend who had citi presale access was locked out altogether. the show in KY you had  to scan your credit card at the gate it went great I think this keeps the tix in the hands of real fans even though its a process we had great floor access.to the show. I do believe there is a conflict of interest with ticket master reselling seats they get a cut on the first sale then another on the resale thru their own site. conflict of interest. someone has to make it right for the fans stand up and do the unpopular thing isn't that what U2 has always stood for....Pearl Jam had it right when they took em on but were vilified for standing up to the corporate giant..and yes i was one but i was wrong.

I will not resubscribe because of this...um, EXPERIENCE! Haha. Frustrating for the last couple of tours to wind up with nothing.

If I buy two tickets pre-sale, then my credit card is my ticket.  I cannot, therefore, meet a friend at the show.  We have to arrive together.  I cannot get in line at noon and have my high school aged son arrive at 7pm.  I cannot have a friend who is stuck at work meet me at 7pm.  The "credit card as ticket" is not fan friendly.  However, you can assume 5-10% of folks will be in my same situation, so you can oversell the concert a little bit more and cash in a little more at every show. 

11/1/18 - I am just off the phone with U2.com.  I was told that U2 fan club members who are "verified" would NOT be guaranteed a presale code.  This is in direct contradiction to Guy's letter.  It looks like the confusion in Customer Services continues. Bit worrying if they are the ones dealing with matters on the ground.

Looks like the next presale is heading the same way as the USA one.