Max Tsukino

Update: U2 Manager Guy Oseary Responds To Fans' Concerns Over E+I Tour Pre-sales

6 hours ago, malaboo said:

There is a distinction between couldn't obtain tickets and couldn't obtain the tickets you wanted. There is NO guarantee that whatever tickets you want (most people here seem to want GA's) will be offered to you. I'm sure there were some tickets offered to you, just not the tickets you wanted.

This is true Malaboo...for a fraction of the time, I was offered 320+ tickets/behind stage first round, 0% GA. for U2 presale, .Citi U2 presale.....1st round had 4 GA's locked out/waiting for processing.....then frozen.....then absolute crap offered or high end tickets. 1st round verified tickets presale(before general sale. 0% opportunity for GA...and 0% for even crap. Ironically...I was sent codes for all three,too.

2nd round.....

1 day....U2 personally e-mailed me a new code.....and after 25 messed up complications....freezes.....errors.....rejecting the code ect.....

I finally Got 2 GA. And I still don't know how????????????? It was a existential experience......:Zoo_Angel:

2nd round Citi presale 0% for ANYTHING....let alone GA's. ERrors......try later ect......when I finally could get through.....it would work for a bout a few trys...and I would get errors....can't process requests ect. 

Ditto for presale before general sale.....

But, yes.... Malaboo...If I wanted tickets...eventually, I could purchase 320 and above, bleeders.....or behind the stage with obstructed views.....

Edited by unforgettableu2

13 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

bgans...

I had no idea about the past/current issues with ticketmaster verified fan. 

I read that U2 was the first to do verified fan on the 'arena' level.....what ever that process entails....I have no clue :huh:

This verified ticket experience has been a game of Russian Roulette......:blink:

But, really when you go back in history.....I mean even way back....obtaining U2 tickets has never been easy....at least for me.

What does perplex my mind....is how the hell the scalpers got them anyway.....

INSIDE JOB....always has been....who you know.....especially when huge corporations are involved....like CITI CARD. I'm a CITI Card member....and I still couldn't obtain tickets via both presales...

WTF?????

Anyone else note that the tour is "Powered by Salesforce" or something such. I remember for the Ie tour, there was a special pick-up window for Salesforce at the box office at MSG. Perhaps that's a place that numbers of MSG GAs went??

11 hours ago, nodevotion said:

Anyone else note that the tour is "Powered by Salesforce" or something such. I remember for the Ie tour, there was a special pick-up window for Salesforce at the box office at MSG. Perhaps that's a place that numbers of MSG GAs went??

I'm not sure nodevotion.....But, the GA's went somewhere.....mysteriously....*****cough**** ****Cough*****

But u2 tickets have always been a very difficult endeavor for me....through out my 34 years of seeing their various concerts.

I can't recall one easy time I had....well, maybe for unforgettable fire.

All the rest of them.....was not an easy task. But, by far.....this has been the most obtuse experience.

16 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

This is true Malaboo...for a fraction of the time, I was offered 320+ tickets/behind stage first round, 0% GA. for U2 presale, .Citi U2 presale.....1st round had 4 GA's locked out/waiting for processing.....then frozen.....then absolute crap offered or high end tickets. 1st round verified tickets presale(before general sale. 0% opportunity for GA...and 0% for even crap. Ironically...I was sent codes for all three,too.

2nd round.....

1 day....U2 personally e-mailed me a new code.....and after 25 messed up complications....freezes.....errors.....rejecting the code ect.....

I finally Got 2 GA. And I still don't know how????????????? It was a existential experience......:Zoo_Angel:

2nd round Citi presale 0% for ANYTHING....let alone GA's. ERrors......try later ect......when I finally could get through.....it would work for a bout a few trys...and I would get errors....can't process requests ect. 

Ditto for presale before general sale.....

But, yes.... Malaboo...If I wanted tickets...eventually, I could purchase 320 and above, bleeders.....or behind the stage with obstructed views.....

Similar to what happened to me. I still feel like there is a class action lawsuit somewhere in here for a bait and switch and false advertising.

9 hours ago, Manos73 said:

Similar to what happened to me. I still feel like there is a class action lawsuit somewhere in here for a bait and switch and false advertising.

Manos.....

Not sure what happened....but, all I know it was one the biggest mind f**K ever....just to get concert tickets. If it was any other band, but U2....I wouldn't have even bothered after the serial problems that kept manifesting/occurring.

I'd pretty much put up with anything U2 does.....they are like 'family' to me because they've been in my life sooooo long......and sometimes family members piss you off...but you still love them.:u2-1383:

Here’s what I find ironic.  With all the hoopla about the verified fan process curtailing bots and scalpers, this is the first time in almost 30 years of attending u2 concerts that I’ve ever had to consider buying scalped tickets.  

I tried for every single show as well as the added second shows and I did not receive one crack at a general sale code.  I’m obviously on a scalper watch list (along with my wife) even though we have never resold tickets in our lives and have attended close to 30 shows over the years.  

At this point I’m more bewildered than angry.  Mostly I just feel sad.  I am so discouraged that I’m  actually finding it hard to listen to the new album.  Which is a shame because it is clearly amazing.

Edited by rlink

On 12/4/2017 at 5:53 PM, nodevotion said:

I have followed U2 all over the world for 25+ years, but I have to say that they now do seem to some extent at least to be under the thumb of a HUGE contact with Live Nation, one in all with Ticketmaster. Perhaps Ed Sheeran is not?

I was wondering the exact same thing.  I love Ed Sheeran's music.  U2 is definitely under the thumb of the behemoth that is TM/LN.  I thought then, and still do think it was a bad move.  I don't like it.  I'm not an internationally known and in demand rock star so who knows why they made the move of signing that contract with TM/LN.   I wish they would do the CC only entry.  It seemed much simpler.

On 12/5/2017 at 7:01 PM, unforgettableu2 said:

Could be Mano.....but, I thought U2 was the first to attempt this verified fan/code/fan club thing?????? Educate me if I am wrong....

U2 loves to experiment and try new technology....I really love that they are risk takers/pioneering in so many ways.

Often they fail at these "firsts" and eventually learn from these NEW/experimental approaches......they pave the way for others...through their trials/errors.

I was unclear due to a missed word.  I meant perhaps Elton John steered him clear of the mess.  I heard he will not allow TM to let people resell tix on their site and that he will not allow tix to be sold by secondary markets. I agree completely with your assessment that U2 paves the way and falls while doing it only to rise again.

Just now, Manohlive said:

I was unclear due to a missed word.  I meant perhaps Elton John steered him clear of the mess.  I heard he will not allow TM to let people resell tix on their site and that he will not allow tix to be sold by secondary markets. I agree completely with your assessment that U2 paves the way and falls while doing it only to rise again.

I do not know if U2 are the first.  I've read conflicting things.  I did read in a reliable article that U2 was the first major act to do the verified ticket for an entire tour.  You'll have to take it from that.  It's sad this happened.  It's pathetic that U2.com people cannot get tix yet others can scalp tix on the very same ticketing agency...TM.  It seems sketchy to me.  I' making no accusations but something does not seem right with TM in this presale because people are clearly getting tickets and it's not fan club members scalping them on TM the very same day of the presale.  That is wrong no matter how they spin it.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:28 AM, Manos73 said:

Richest in the world is just a way of referencing them as super rich. If they aren't exactly the richest, It doesn't matter, they might as well be. I've 3x requested a refund and never more than an automated reply.

I'm sorry for how I reacted to your comment.  I sound like an ass in my dissertation.  I had a very bad headache and I was crabby.  You have every right to feel however you feel.  I was wrong and judgemental and VERY long winded in my response.  Please pardon me.  You are going to get the refund for the U2.com membership from what I can discern.  That's too bad.  It's really intense in here right now with the presales but there are a lot of really good people.  Perhaps you are getting an automated reply because they are so buried with the presales and will get to you eventually?  I don't know.  I'm guessing.  It sucks you are doing that after being shut out of the presale.  I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.  I'm not sure if you have ever seen U2 live...if not...keep checking for ticket dumps.  U2 is beyond sensational live.  They transcend.  I highly recommend trying to get a ticket or two for the show.  I keep saying this but they always release tickets as the show approaches.  I find the best time to look is between 2 am and 6 am but other times they release them too.  Again, I'm sorry for my comments.  I was being a jerk and did not intend it, however; I feel like an ass.  I'm sorry I wrote what I did.  I'm also sorry how I wrote it.  You have my sincere apology.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Brilliant 1

On 12/7/2017 at 9:00 PM, unforgettableu2 said:

Manos.....

Not sure what happened....but, all I know it was one the biggest mind f**K ever....just to get concert tickets. If it was any other band, but U2....I wouldn't have even bothered after the serial problems that kept manifesting/occurring.

I'd pretty much put up with anything U2 does.....they are like 'family' to me because they've been in my life sooooo long......and sometimes family members piss you off...but you still love them.:u2-1383:

I get what you're saying. Been a fan since the 80's and seen live many times.  Go to 10 - 15 shows a year from all genres. I could put U2 money towards a lot of diverse concerts from bands that need my money more. I think my fandom is waning. It's like going through the 5 stages of grief. No big act treats their fans like U2 does. Final nail.

1 hour ago, Manos73 said:

I get what you're saying. Been a fan since the 80's and seen live many times.  Go to 10 - 15 shows a year from all genres. I could put U2 money towards a lot of diverse concerts from bands that need my money more. I think my fandom is waning. It's like going through the 5 stages of grief. No big act treats their fans like U2 does. Final nail.

Manos....

I think u2 treats their fans with much appreciation and affection.....hence the meaning of their name..."U2"......

Bono always says he wants to get intimate/close to fans/audience.....no barriers/walls.

Since 1983, I've met U2 3 times....(almost 4).....they are kind, personable....down to earth/humble.   Obtaining tickets is/has always been a difficult task....anything of quality....is usually worth fighting for. I'm not sure what happened this time around....it was horrible.....and I'm not sure U2 was cognitive of all the problems nor anticipated it to happen.

I think they their heart was in the right place by using the verified fan as a prophylactic device against scalpers. They did send me  a new code, and i did get 2 GA's...so I feel some what vilified.....but, I don't fully comprehend all the problems....they were all so unnecessary.

Manos....don't give up on them....they really are the best band that has ever existed....and their mistakes/flaws make them that much more human & loved.

Edited by unforgettableu2

27 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

Manos....

I think u2 treats their fans with much appreciation and affection.....hence the meaning of their name..."U2"......

Bono always says he wants to get intimate/close to fans/audience.....no barriers/walls.

Since 1983, I've met U2 3 times....(almost 4).....they are kind, personable....down to earth/humble.   Obtaining tickets is/has always been a difficult task....anything of quality....is usually worth fighting for. I'm not sure what happened this time around....it was horrible.....and I'm not sure U2 was cognitive of all the problems nor anticipated it to happen.

I think they their heart was in the right place by using the verified fan as a prophylactic device against scalpers. They did send me  a new code, and i did get 2 GA's...so I feel some what vilified.....but, I don't fully comprehend all the problems....they were all so unnecessary.

Manos....don't give up on them....they really are the best band that has ever existed....and their mistakes/flaws make them that much more human & loved.

i'm not sure that's where the name U2 comes from ... but anyway ... i don't think you should release them of their culpability so quickly on this one. there as much business men as they are musicians now and they made a conscious decision to offload their ticketing and fan site to live nation with the aim of maximizing income. which is fine by the way. more power to them. but because they are in bed with live nation they are in bed with ticketmaster which lands them in bed with seatwave. and it's seatwave that's causing the problems here in ireland. i didn't know of the livenation link until i read it here but it explains why they never opened their mouth when irish fans were crying out for help from them when so many tickets were sold by seatwave ... ticketmaster ... livenation ... it means they were profiting from the seatwave sales ... maybe indirectly but they still profited from touts. they couldn't speak out because they were making money off it. their silence was deafening .... and hurtful.

and i'm not pointing at any one person on here but, from reading some of the comments, there seems to be some folks that have kind of "blinkers" on when it comes to u2. i've seen this alot on other social media platforms with loads of other bands.

you need to be careful with that. as has been proven over and over again in other fields, that's a very dangerous mindset to get in. you have to question everything guys. whenever a person has a position of influence, whether it be musicians, actors, producers, politicians, royalty, religious leaders .. whatever ...whenever they say or do something, you must question it. we all have agendas. that's life. but don't be blinded by fandom or loyalty. because with this, and with some of the other U2 related stuff that's been in the news over the last while, u2 have a lot to be questioned about. and i say that as an Irishman who grew up loving their music but also sees the trouble ireland is in right now .. look, this probably isn't the place for that discussion and i'm probably going to get in trouble for even bringing it up but at the end of the day they're just adam, larry, dave and paul from dublin. they are just as capable of anything any of the rest of us are. good or bad. we're all just humans. so the higher people get in life, the more power they get, the more they need to be questioned ... it lets them know they're still part of the society around them. it keeps them grounded..... it keeps them honest.

i'm sorry if this upsets anyone but something stinks here. at the very least there's a conflict of interest. and it needs to be tidied up. or if you're not going to fix it then just tell us. just be honest. enough with the spin. it's tiring.

8 hours ago, DontMindMe said:

i'm sorry if this upsets anyone but something stinks here. at the very least there's a conflict of interest. and it needs to be tidied up. or if you're not going to fix it then just tell us. just be honest. enough with the spin. it's tiring

It does not upset me,. however; I'm not sure you've read enough content to know how critical we diehards can be with U2.  Many were very angry over the presale, but it is what it is.  Yes, they signed with LN but so did a bunch of other major acts.  So what?  We do not know what was in that contract. I cannot possibly imagine the intricacies of navigating the music industry, nor would I want to do so.  Perhaps they regret it now?  Who knows?  We do not have the right to tell them when they should or should not speak on their own behalf.  That would be taking away what I love the most about them:  they do what they do when they do it how they do it. 

Bono really irritated me when he started talking about America and what it is during one show.  He said it was an idea or something.  I don't even remember but I thought, "Dude, do not tell me what America is. I paid to be here, but remember that you are a guest, mind your manners and stop it.'.  That being said....it was forgotten until your post.  I don't care.  I care about the music.  In the end it's the music.  No LN or TM or silly things said at shows. It's the music.  It's the lyrics.  It's the gathering and knowing that somewhere out there are a bunch of other Zootopians and we are all gonna go nuts once the house goes to whole and it begins yet again.  It's also the fact that somewhere in Chicago there will be Zootopians gathered and it will be posted on this site and anyone can go and be a part of something which is much larger than Live Nation will ever be.

As for the presale...we do not know what they are thinking.  We do not know when or if they will address it.  I would be very surprised if the presale was ignored.  I don't think it will be.  I wonder if anyone has even had time to figure or find out what went wrong.  They just finished a major tour.  A new album was released. A new tour is happening, and it's all within 12 months. I think they will say what they say when they are ready to say it and it will be said as they wish and not how others desire.   

I am not singling you out when I say others.  I'm sorry about how Ireland is right now if it is bad...I don't know or cannot recall what you mean.  I'm an American and we're in trouble and it's getting worse every night I watch the news. I am not a member of Twitter but we've a twat at the helm. (it is a play on words using the second meaning of twat and not the bad one.)  That's why I need the music and the lyrics and I get so feisty and loyal because I don't know what I'd do without it.  That does not mean I blindly follow anyone or anything.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Manohlive said:

It does not upset me,. however; I'm not sure you've read enough content to know how critical we diehards can be with U2.  .....

brilliant. get mad. question me. question them. question everybody.

i don't care.  I care about the music.  In the end it's the music.

i love the music too. but i can't separate the music from the people making it anymore. i've defended the band though many a scandal but the latest is the last straw for me. especially seeing what this country is trying to deal with at the moment. now don't get me wrong, i know we're a wealthy country compared to many but we are still hurting. the wealth is at the top and when those with the wealth use it to hire very expensive accountants to find ways of (legally) "avoiding" paying taxes then it's the poorest end up suffering. and ignorance is no excuse. (use google if you're not up to date with all this).

I don't know or cannot recall what you mean

Bono and his friends will be out on christmas eve busking and collecting change for the homeless and needy. that's an amazing tradition. they've been doing it for years. because ireland has a homeless crisis. ireland got landed with a debt of over 80bn after the 2008 banking collapse. yes, alot of that was internal but there was alot of it caused by actors outside the state. but nobody has been held accountable. that's nothing new. it's the average person in ireland who has paid for it. our infrastructure is crumbling. our hospitals are at breaking point. our sick are more likely to spend their time in hospital on a trolly in an over crowded corridor rather than a room where they can suffer in privacy. our youth have to leave to find a decent wage. our schools are falling behind because of lack of funding. we can't afford homes because the banks (that we technically own after the bailout) and vulture funds are kicking people out of their homes so they can charge the influx of workers from the likes of facebook and google massive rents ... rents the average worker in ireland can't afford anymore because we took paycuts to help the country in it's time of need. we have have over 8500 people homeless because of these actions. they are either on the street or in temporary accommodation. 3000+ children live in hotel rooms. we have lost 3 homeless people on our streets in the last 2 weeks and the weather is only getting colder. our navy families are struggling to put food on their tables. many require social welfare payments or food bank donations ... and these are the people who protect us!!! ......... it's heartbreaking......... and then we find out that paul, whilst he's running around the globe telling people like you what's wrong with your country, has some very clever accountants finding "investments" for him that lower his tax burden. even if the latest scheme revealed last month saved him 100k in irish tax, here's what that 100k could have done for his country .. it would have paid the wages of maybe an extra 3 nurses in a hospital. those nurses would have allowed an extra bed to have been opened up for a year. that bed could have given dozens of our elderly somewhere to recover or die in dignity. it might might have helped save a life. or it could have helped in providing some housing for a family that lost their home because they couldn't afford the massive rate hike in their mortgage or rent. there are so many examples of the good that money could have done here or wherever it was due to be paid. because this is a global problem. and then paul comes out and pleads ignorance. it's infuriating.

looking around me i can't help but feel if the wealthy of this world spent less time finding clever ways of avoiding their tax responsibilities and more time actually seeing the good those taxes can do then the whole world would be a better place... maybe ... and i'm sure that's the message bono travels the world delivering. but paul has left bono down. i hope the anger and pain he has expressed is real. and he learns from it. cause i sure have.

and i don't even care about the presale anymore. it's the dishonesty or spin that's angered me. clearly this isn't the house that u2 built anymore. they sold it and the new owners don't care. i've only been here a short while and you guys have been amazing. i love reading your memories and your future plans. i love the community ye have built here. but the band need to know that it is you who have built it. it is you who keep it going. you're the heart and soul of zootopia because they seem to have abandoned it. that's obvious from the lack of reply. i doubt anyone has even told them about all this confusion and that you're hurting.

and please know, even though i might quote you, i am not angry with you or trying to upset you. i'm simply using your words to start what i think is an important discussion. mainly in my own head. who is u2 to me now? and is the music enough of a justification for me to support them anymore? it's an internal conflict i'm struggling with. i'm sorry to burden you with it but i can't find another outlet for it. this county is too small and those who could/should be asking these questions are either too friendly with or seem afraid of the band and ticketmaster.

i think that's enough from me so with that i'll say goodbye. who knows. maybe we'll stand next to each other at a gig sometime  ...  i'll be the guy singing at the top of his voice in completely the wrong key getting half the words muddled up. seeya

Edited by DontMindMe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DontMindMe said:

Edited 3 hours ago by DontMindMe

I wasn't angry.  I don't know who Paul is.  I don't know the real names of Edge or Bono.  I don't care.  That's their private lives and it doesn't concern me.  I honestly do not know who Paul is unless it's Paul McGuiness.  I thought he retired or something.  Rich people feel a need to protect their money.  I've never understood it.  To have millions many go without the basic necessities.

3 hours ago, DontMindMe said:

now don't get me wrong, i know we're a wealthy country compared to many but we are still hurting. the wealth is at the top and when those with the wealth use it to hire very expensive accountants to find ways of (legally) "avoiding" paying taxes then it's the poorest end up suffering. and ignorance is no excuse. (use google if you're not up to date with all this).

I'm not Irish.  I'm an American.  It's the same here.  California literally looks like hell with the wildfires.  Most people are STILL waiting for FEMA To pay them for Hurricane Sandy and it's years later.  Now we have Irma and Houston...I can't remember the name of that hurricane. The only people who care about Puerto Rico are those who are affected or the few of us who remember and it was only a few months ago.  It's American property but we won't let it become a state. We aren't really helping them.  Our politicians are making one senator resign for sexual misconduct yet we have one party which is united in supporting a major sex offender get reelected because he's a part of their party.  Our leader, I fear, may cause a major war that affects the whole world and all he cares about is his own self.  In the meantime, nothing is being accomplished to solve the problems we all face. 

We have, at the least, a million people addicted to heroin and it's because a major drug company produced oxycontin, pushed it as a miracle cure for chornic pain and lied about the rates of addiction.  $$$  People judge drug addicts yet it's a disease.  In my state, the governor is trying to make it even easier to carry a concealed weapon. I cannot keep up with all the mass shootings. I don't know the percentage for certain, but I believe that 70% of our bridges are either unsafe or in need of major repair because they will be unsafe.  The top 1% owns 99% or something like that.  I was going to bring a homeless person sleeping outside a sandwich.  I didn't want to wake him.  I waited until the next day only to hear that he froze to death that night.  That was four years ago and I still cry over it if I don't stop myself.  That does not make me special.  It means I'm human.  Humans make mistakes. 

I am sincerely sorry for what's happening in Ireland.  I have a great love for the Irish and it's real.  Ireland gave me the best dog ever.  It gave me some of my favorite writers.  It gave me much of my favorite music way back to Torlough O'Carolan and John Downey.  Even if it had not, I'd still be sincerely sorry.

I think we both feel the same thing in different ways. I think we both expressed ourselves in different ways over the same concerns. What you wrote about Ireland made me respect you not question you.  Yes, I love Ireland but it's the fact that you truly care about people which merits respect.  I'm sorry if I disrespected you.  It was not my intent.

4 hours ago, DontMindMe said:

i don't even care about the presale anymore. it's the dishonesty or spin that's angered me. clearly this isn't the house that u2 built anymore. they sold it and the new owners don't care

That is why I am angry as well.  It's why I asked so what?  It's why I asked, how do we know?  There's so much bad stuff going on in our world right now.  I need the music so I can dance and escape for a little bit.  It's why I don't want lectures at a concert even though I have tremendous love and respect for what he does.  I cannot fault him for lecturing.  I'd probably do nothing but lecture and forget to sing, however; I need the music and his lyrics.

4 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I cannot fault him for lecturing.  I'd probably do nothing but lecture and forget to sing, however; I need the music and his lyrics.

LOL! I'm with you!

On 12/9/2017 at 3:58 PM, DontMindMe said:

it explains why they never opened their mouth when irish fans were crying out for help from them when so many tickets were sold by seatwave

I've read your comments about a dozen times now.  When did this happen?  Are you speaking of the current tour or was this a past tour?  I'm confused but it's a daily event so I ask.

Anyone trying for the verified sale tomorrow for LA 2? For some reason I get codes but get crappy seats OR seats I can't or wont pay for $330+! 

17 hours ago, DontMindMe said:

and then we find out that paul, whilst he's running around the globe telling people like you what's wrong with your country

Who is Paul?  Is that Bono's real name?  I honestly do not know.  I pay no attention to that stuff.  To me he is Bono.  Even though I get miffed...I would not want him any other way than Bono.  I'm not being critical.  This is how I enjoy music as an escape.  I honestly do not know who Paul is and it's been bugging me all day.  Yes, I can google it but I don't like googling everything.  It's too sterile and impersonal.  I'd rather ask someone.  It's much more fun.

Edited by Manohlive

OK I made some negative posts about O'Seary and the presales but after the dust has settled I want to recant some of my emotional posts in the midst of these ticketing changes:

1. U2 has always been on the forefront of tech advancement and change, and so I can see how Live Nation would want to experiment with their fanbase because we obviously are drawn to this band because of their engagement in the world and involvement with their fans.

2. The goal is to shutout the bots and get tickets in the hands of their biggest fans first and also extracting some of the profit that used to go to scalpers.  That's fine with me.

3. The value lies in the scarcity of the commodity (the tickets), especially GA tickets which, let's face it, are the best USD deal in live music right now.

4. Arena show tickets are even more scarce, more so when only 20 USA shows in major markets are announced.

5. If you really look at it, every option is available to fans now.  VIP packages to pay for convenience and extra perks, waiting in online queue for presale tix of every level, and finally you can still go to a secondary reseller if all else fails and get the seats you are looking for.  GA seats on Stubhub about $300 which is a good deal actually when you consider face prices of some lower level seats in the stands.

6. The new album and music are terrific, the band is outstanding right now as a live act, and as decades long fans we know that this isn't going to keep happening every 3-4 years as we all get older and I want to enjoy all of it in a positive way. I LOVE U2!

7. I have to acknowledge the concern, efforts, and caring of a band and management that love music, love live music, and are making sincere efforts to serve their customers"the fans" and be a success in business. THANK YOU

8. In the end, I got GA tickets to both shows I wanted to see in Chicago and Las Vegas using various purchasing avenues. 

Come on guys just find a way to go, these shows are life experiences.  I am Catholic and brought 2 Evangelical Christians and we met a group that flew in from Dubai at the last show, in Indianapolis.   It's amazing....

Edited by neilz

U2 is a pyramid scheme and we're the product. As the old fans depart the band is turning to music that is intended for younger audiences to replace them. The different fandoms that make up U2 all get a nod of the new record: the political, the religious, the rock fan, the young. This is all an attempt to placate the different factions that have built up over the years in their fan base. It's why their albums are now so disjointed.

I always thought there was a level of sincerity and commitment with U2 but after years of following them closely, I see it was all an incredible branding machine. A machine where they can claim ignorance in how their fans are being treated. I've decided to opt out from now on but I'm sure U2 is okay with that - they've already figured out how to replace people like. me. Their tickets will continue to be sold via Verified Fan or Citibank. Next tour there will be even more partners. U2 has morphed into a pop machine that is the "man" they used to complain about in their younger, more interesting iterations.