Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Max Tsukino

Update: U2 Manager Guy Oseary Responds To Fans' Concerns Over E+I Tour Pre-sales

21 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

Yes...Man...don't give up...

Thank you.  I never give up.  I live in Milwaukee.  The United Center is my favorite venue. I also love Soldier Field but lived in the shadow of Lambeau Field so don't tell anybody.  They had 5 shows for the IE tour.  I know because I went back and forth.  This is the first tour I can do GA for U2.  I am recovering from an unfortunate accident.  I'm always working an angle for concerts.  I do not break rules.  I do know the ins and outs of many venues.  The United Center is incredibly kind to me.  Even if I do not get GA for a show-I'll get something.  If I cannot get GAs, then it probably was not meant to be. Either way I will get something so it's all good. Thank you for your kind words.  Chicago is an awesome place to see any show but especially U2.  They always do something the last night of their stand.

Although the set up was complete and I recevied yesterday an email about my regular verified fan, I didn't receive my pre-sale code. What u2.com can do about that?

5 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Thank you.  I never give up.  I live in Milwaukee.  The United Center is my favorite venue. I also love Soldier Field but lived in the shadow of Lambeau Field so don't tell anybody.  They had 5 shows for the IE tour.  I know because I went back and forth.  This is the first tour I can do GA for U2.  I am recovering from an unfortunate accident.  I'm always working an angle for concerts.  I do not break rules.  I do know the ins and outs of many venues.  The United Center is incredibly kind to me.  Even if I do not get GA for a show-I'll get something.  If I cannot get GAs, then it probably was not meant to be. Either way I will get something so it's all good. Thank you for your kind words.  Chicago is an awesome place to see any show but especially U2.  They always do something the last night of their stand.

I wish you the best Mano.....really I do. You are right....U2 is awesome at any venue/city...but, I know they have genuine sentiment for Chicago...

enjoy your experience.....and I'm sure everything will work out in your favor....you'll see.

2 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

I know they have genuine sentiment for Chicago...

enjoy your experience.....and I'm sure everything will work out in your favor....you'll see.

They almost always do Bad the last night of Chicago.  It is the song I most want to hear no matter the tour.  It was in TJT tour setlist so I doubt we will hear it much on this tour.  I'm hoping for the last night of Chicago.  Plus it will be May.  I'm psyched and pumped for these shows.  Hopefully I can get to every one.  All I can think about is this tour.  We got One Tree Hill for the last night of 360 and that was the first time they started playing it again.  If I did get a GA...the other fans would be cool if I had to leave the line or go to the bathroom once in the venue, don't you think?  I'd most likely be alone. My friends don't want to do it and think I'm crazy.  I've never seen GAs not released close to the show.  I really want to do it.  My head still goes askew but I don't care if someone thinks I'm odd.  I want, just once, to be up front and feel that blast through my chest. 

On 11/22/2017 at 5:17 PM, vertigojds said:

For the 2001 Elevation tour, members had the option of purchasing four tickets during the first US leg

If memory serves me correctly-we did that tour by mail. I miss those days too. Now a show goes on sale and everyone's got access to tickets immediately.  My hope is this verified fan process stops a lot of that.  I've read a few places that U2 are the first band to do this for a full tour.  I did not get what I wanted in the presale.  I was angry. I did not get GAs, but I got seats so all good.  I would have loved two more tickets for the second show.  Maybe this new system will get fixed and it stops scalpers and those darn secondary ticket brokers.  The problem which remains is that one can scalp tickets on Ticketmaster.  We have a ticketing agency which allows scalping instituting a new system to stop scalping. So it seems to me.

6 hours ago, Manohlive said:

They almost always do Bad the last night of Chicago.  It is the song I most want to hear no matter the tour.  It was in TJT tour setlist so I doubt we will hear it much on this tour.  I'm hoping for the last night of Chicago.  Plus it will be May.  I'm psyched and pumped for these shows.  Hopefully I can get to every one.  All I can think about is this tour.  We got One Tree Hill for the last night of 360 and that was the first time they started playing it again.  If I did get a GA...the other fans would be cool if I had to leave the line or go to the bathroom once in the venue, don't you think?  I'd most likely be alone. My friends don't want to do it and think I'm crazy.  I've never seen GAs not released close to the show.  I really want to do it.  My head still goes askew but I don't care if someone thinks I'm odd.  I want, just once, to be up front and feel that blast through my chest. 

Yes....they played bad in DC  for JT......awesome....

How about a sort of homecoming??? I heard that was played,too....love both of those live....I still get chills...even after all these years.....true art......evokes such a emotional response

yes...I think the other fans will be cool to allow bodily functions....:) I rarely experienced bad/selfish behavior from U2 fans....actually, I think the first time in this last tour....there was some unsavory behavior....it shocked me. JT attracts a mainstream crowd.....not necessarily die hard U2 fans like us. Yet, some die hards can be obnoxious, thinking they know u2 personally....down to their underwear sizes.....

HA! overall....you should be fine....U2 fans are some of nicest people....always there is exceptions to the rule....with variable human nature....

6 hours ago, Manohlive said:

If memory serves me correctly-we did that tour by mail. I miss those days too. Now a show goes on sale and everyone's got access to tickets immediately.  My hope is this verified fan process stops a lot of that.  I've read a few places that U2 are the first band to do this for a full tour.  I did not get what I wanted in the presale.  I was angry. I did not get GAs, but I got seats so all good.  I would have loved two more tickets for the second show.  Maybe this new system will get fixed and it stops scalpers and those darn secondary ticket brokers.  The problem which remains is that one can scalp tickets on Ticketmaster.  We have a ticketing agency which allows scalping instituting a new system to stop scalping. So it seems to me.

Sadly ticketmaster does their own scalping , i have called ticket brokers listed on Craigslist & they have answered "hello ticketmaster" & then corrected themselves ..........  only thing this system is helping is ticketmaster to keep more tix for mark-up .

3 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

HA! overall....you should be fine....U2 fans are some of nicest people....always there is exceptions to the rule....with variable human nature....

That is what I thought.   Thanks.

On 2017-11-29 at 10:26 AM, bpadrick said:

Hi, I am writing to advise that I was told last night by U2.com that I have been identified as a scalper.  I have been a very long-time fan, back to Propaganda days.  I am devastated by this and humiliated.  I thought I was just "wait-listed" last week, but now to be told "there's nothing we can do?"  I've been paying for membership as long as I can recall.  This is hurtful beyond belief.  All because, I assume, that I HONESTLY, listed my actual address, phone number and credit card.  Which happen to be the same as my wife's.  Crazy right?  This definitely makes me a scalper.  Thanks so much for treating an uber fan this way. Way to go week 2 Guy and U2.com. 

"Dear [acqua],

Thank you for contacting us. We will be glad to assist you today. We are sorry to hear that you might not have received your code, via email and/or text. We did some research. We show that you were not selected to participate in the round two presale. Remember, completing your Setup does not mean you have been Verified nor does it guarantee participation in the presale. If you have been Verified, you will receive an email with further instructions on the evening prior to the start of a subscriber presale.

If you need assistance, please let us know. Have a safe day.

Sincerely,
[name omitted]
U2.com Team"

I've been a paid U2.com member ever since the site was open for memberships. I received my eXPERIENCE group presale code vis SMS on November 14th. But I did not receive the "Presale Info Week 2: eXperience Group" email that was sent a couple days ago. I checked my spam folder. I am a verified U2.com member. If I'm not, then why did I receive a text message on November 14th? The only shows I have the opportunity to attend are in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, so I never used my presale code. I've been to every U2 concert in Toronto since 1997. But if longtime members are now being treated this way, it seems random if you're completely shut out. My partner is also a U2.com member and was also a Propaganda subscriber. We live together. He received both the text message on November 14th and this week's presale email (neither of us have used our codes).

Does this response from U2.com mean I'm suddenly a scalper? Wouldn't a scalper have used his or her code by now?
I feel as though I've been punched in the stomach.

2 hours ago, Davidmk55 said:

Sadly ticketmaster does their own scalping , i have called ticket brokers listed on Craigslist & they have answered "hello ticketmaster" & then corrected themselves ..........  only thing this system is helping is ticketmaster to keep more tix for mark-up

So what is the solution?  No matter what is tried, some people are greedy and selfish. We all know this.  Is it better to put all scalping into one spot?  If so, should that spot be the same company that sells the original tickets?  These are somewhat rhetorical questions, but how does all the scalping insanity stop?  U2 seems to be the first major act, from what I've read, to do the verified ticket for a whole tour so they are, once again, forging a path.  We have had hassles in the presale, but at least they are trying to do something, because scalping has gotten much worse and it's only going to escalate.  I do contact my elected representatives but the only thing they can agree on is when it's time to leave Washington for vacation.  I overreacted to Guy's letter and got angry.  After a couple days to think; it seems that if we aren't willing to deal with these hassles...it's only gonna get worse.  Maybe this verified system will start to ebb the tide of scalping. I think I read that Taylor Swift is now going to be doing it for her upcoming tour.  My hope is this is the start of something that puts tickets back into the hands or people who love music and don't care about capitalizing on it.

10 minutes ago, acqua said:
"Dear [acqua],

Thank you for contacting us. We will be glad to assist you today. We are sorry to hear that you might not have received your code, via email and/or text. We did some research. We show that you were not selected to participate in the round two presale. Remember, completing your Setup does not mean you have been Verified nor does it guarantee participation in the presale. If you have been Verified, you will receive an email with further instructions on the evening prior to the start of a subscriber presale.

If you need assistance, please let us know. Have a safe day.

Sincerely,
[name omitted]
U2.com Team"

I've been a paid U2.com member ever since the site was open for memberships. I received my eXPERIENCE group presale code vis SMS on November 14th. But I did not receive the "Presale Info Week 2: eXperience Group" email that was sent a couple days ago. I checked my spam folder. I am a verified U2.com member. If I'm not, then why did I receive a text message on November 14th? The only shows I have the opportunity to attend are in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, so I never used my presale code. But if longtime members are now being treated this way, it seems random if you're completely shut out. My partner is also a U2.com member and was also a Propaganda subscriber. We live together. He received both the text message on November 14th and this week's presale email.

Does this response from U2.com mean I'm suddenly a scalper? Wouldn't a scalper have used his or her code by now?
I feel as though I've been punched in the stomach.

Unless I'm confused, I think you may want to post this in the Free Forums section: 

All things #U2eiTour 2018

Subforums:

I hope it works out for you.

This was round 2 and still a disaster.  tried to get Las vegas 2nd night and had (ZERO) luck with immediate login and code.  No GA, No red Zone, only available were $300 plus seats in the rafters.  Seems ridiculous that long time fan club members are treated like this (as this has NEVER happened before).  How is it that I can now go to stub hub and get GA for 260+ and Red Zone for 1000+?  Are you kidding me?  Unbelievable.

9 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Yeah, the Elevation 2001 ticketing was done by mail.  It was much more civilized back then.  I even remember that I was able to contact someone about questions about my ticket order, and got reasonable responses in quick periods of time.

There's major problems with how Verified Fan is being implemented on this tour.  As a basis of comparison, Ed Sheeran used it on his current tour (I attended a show in October) and they've worked out a lot of these kinks.  If the goal is to prevent scalping, U2's implementation of Verified Fan does almost nothing to prevent it; what it does do is promote scalping on Ticketmaster's site rather than Stubhub's.  One thing worth remembering: Ticketmaster only offers what they call "resale tickets" or "fan-to-fan ticketing" when the artist approves.  U2 could say "We don't want Ticketmaster's fan-to-fan platform to be used for our shows" and it wouldn't be.

For the Ed Sheeran show, here are some steps taken to prevent scalping:
-When you bought the tickets through Verified Fan, you were required to check a box during the checkout process that said you agreed to use the tickets you purchased for yourself, and that you agreed that Ticketmaster could cancel the ticket sale if the tickets were being resold above face value

-When you purchased, you also agreed to a delayed ticket delivery where tickets would not be delivered until 3 days before the show.  It's much harder to sell tickets for high resale profits when you can't list them until right before the event.

-Sheeran's people then followed through on their word and canceled orders that didn't fall within the guidelines clearly established at the time of sale.  For one recent show, it recently made headlines that Sheeran's camp canceled 10,000 tickets that had been purchased in violation of these rules.  That's 10,000 tickets which had been lost to scalpers, which were returned to the ticket pool, allowing real fans an opportunity to attend at face value.

Did this stop all scalping?  No.  But it made a big dent in it, and I had an easy time purchasing tickets to Sheeran - despite the fact that he was putting more shows onsale than U2 were, at more attractive prices that led to higher demand than U2, it was easier to get tickets for Sheeran.

Unfortunately, U2's ticketing policies are almost the opposite of Sheeran's:
-There is no requirement for Verified Fan purchasers to agree not to resell their tickets for profit

-There is no delivery delay for tickets, which were mailed out to fans within a week of the purchase

-There is no sorting through purchases to ensure that tickets being sold are going to fans who use them and not resale sites

-Ticketmaster invites buyers of tickets to resell them directly on Ticketmaster and can do this immediately after purchase

There was almost no Sheeran inventory available on third party websites immediately after his shows went onsale.  On the other hand, U2 tickets were available for resale almost immediately after they went onsale.

3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

That is what I thought.   Thanks.

I find  Chicago/U2 fans....are especially tolerant/open minded individuals..... 

Chicago has a whole subset of culture and ideology that I miss so much. Many people from Chicago embrace diversity.....and are 'open' communicators.

I was actually told this by a follow U2 fan from Virginia during the GA line JT/Balitimore MD.....and asked me where I was from?

I said Chicago......

And she said some of "friendliest"  people I have met come from mid-west/Chicago!

You'll be fine, Mano...really!:)

5 hours ago, Manohlive said:

So what is the solution?  No matter what is tried, some people are greedy and selfish. We all know this.  Is it better to put all scalping into one spot?  If so, should that spot be the same company that sells the original tickets?  These are somewhat rhetorical questions, but how does all the scalping insanity stop?  U2 seems to be the first major act, from what I've read, to do the verified ticket for a whole tour so they are, once again, forging a path.  We have had hassles in the presale, but at least they are trying to do something, because scalping has gotten much worse and it's only going to escalate.  I do contact my elected representatives but the only thing they can agree on is when it's time to leave Washington for vacation.  I overreacted to Guy's letter and got angry.  After a couple days to think; it seems that if we aren't willing to deal with these hassles...it's only gonna get worse.  Maybe this verified system will start to ebb the tide of scalping. I think I read that Taylor Swift is now going to be doing it for her upcoming tour.  My hope is this is the start of something that puts tickets back into the hands or people who love music and don't care about capitalizing on it.

I too fill out & contact my reps as well , they only seem to get upset when they can't get springsteen tix for them selves  ;)      It's really hard as Ticketmaster & live nation are now the same company & not only do they own 90% of the ticketing but also have exclusives to 80% of the live venues  ..... they have their hands in everything , you want to sell merch in a live nation venue they get 40% of all sales , that's why merch is so much $$$  , so far the only other artist i know to do a full tour with this verified program is lindsey stirling , similar results if you read her facebook , people were not sent passwords & those who did were offered the Expensive VIP packages.

This whole "we'll send you a code" pretty much gives them free reign to do what they will , bands can't trust someone who is already doing scalping on the side , their speach on protecting fans from the scalpers is a laugh when they are the scalpers  , visit ticketsnow.com & look at the fine print , it's a side selling site & it says if you looked "owned by ticketmaster" ......... it's only going to get worse with this system .

At least at the 2nd onsale for U2 there were some tix out there , but only after they probably got laid into by management  .....

They just pulled a fast one on Taylor swift , they are doing two shows in most markets  & they were putting them onsale one at a time like U2 , well they just changed the plan  & are putting both onlsale at once , that way when it hits the fans , they can't fix it for show #2 , they just take in the $$$  , her presales have not even started & tix are all over stubhub & ebay ............    it's sad to see .

Only real answer is everyone stays home , if the shows are empty they HAVE to change , sadly that won't happen , people are still willing to pay for marked up tix ............. I don't do that anymore , if i can't get it that's it , i'll stay home , i won't overpay .

On 27/11/2017 at 12:23 AM, bigwave said:

its an unknown as no details have been released for Europe, or how any of that would work at this point.

Thanks Bigwave. Please add it to the list of questions/issues to be raised with management.

On 27/11/2017 at 12:23 AM, bigwave said:

its an unknown as no details have been released for Europe, or how any of that would work at this point.

I think at the end of the end of the day,. we ALL agree that the biggest issue with the Verified Fan presale is that a lot of people went through a lot of crazy for a new process that did not accomplish what it promised. If tickets did not end up on the after-market sites, I think even some who were disappointed in the presale would be somewhat less pissed off. I am also still bothered by the presale limit of 4 for the Citibank section while U2.com members were limited to 2. Don't know that we'll ever have the answers though. 

Hey All! The arrival of SOE has definitely lightened my mood after all the aggravation for weeks in trying to obtain tickets through the fan club.  It may be among my favorite U2 albums!  It is because of this that I have created a survey that I feel is designed to improve our fan club experience to one that brings us the joy the band continues to bring us.  If Guy O'Seary is actually sincere about listening to the fans, maybe we would be able to forward the results through the mods with some positive, concrete suggestions.  Anyway, here's the link: https://goo.gl/forms/VmOK53QdZXOFaACt2

"Ahead of day 1 of the presale longtime subscribers were sent an email confirming that they were ‘verified’ "

This isn't accurate, at all.

I paid $50 bucks for the chance to roll the dice and maybe get good tickets. It took me 30 minutes of the site crashing to finally be offered $300 tickets. The apology from the fan club was a set of dates that would require me to travel hundreds of miles and spend even more money on hotels. Great, thanks. The fan club for tickets is almost a form of gambling illegal in my state. I can't think of any big tour act that treats their fans this way. I can't afford to be a fan of the richest band in the world.

Have not read through the entire thread here but a suggestion is not already suggested is, only allow for electronic delivery 2 days before the event so people have to print the tickets out 2 days prior, if they want to go stand in the streets and scalp like the olden days, so be it but at least the fans will get the tickets they want and no resale sites will really then exist.  Yeah if people can't go they are out of luck but such is life.

On 12/1/2017 at 6:56 AM, Tracy M said:

I think at the end of the end of the day,. we ALL agree that the biggest issue with the Verified Fan presale is that a lot of people went through a lot of crazy for a new process that did not accomplish what it promised. If tickets did not end up on the after-market sites, I think even some who were disappointed in the presale would be somewhat less pissed off. I am also still bothered by the presale limit of 4 for the Citibank section while U2.com members were limited to 2. Don't know that we'll ever have the answers though. 

I think that sums it up beautifully, and with far less words than it usually takes me :)

Verified Fan was sold to us as a way to prevent scalping, but by Ticketmaster allowing you to immediately sell your new tickets on their site at whatever price you wanted, the only thing it really did was to ensure that Ticketmaster (owned by Live Nation, which also owns U2's touring business now) would profit on both the original ticket sale fees and the resale fees.  Ticketmaster representatives have stated publicly that Fan-To-Fan Resale is only allowed with the consent of the artist performing; if the artist doesn't approve of it, then they can't do it.  That's a pretty black and white statement without any real wiggle room.  So that means that either Ticketmaster lied about the services (in which case, that's worth the FTC and other relevant organizations with jurisdiction doing investigations), or that U2 is allowing this scalping through Ticketmaster.  Either way... something doesn't seem to be adding up when Guy Oseary says they used Verfied Fan to prevent scalping, but yet the band still allowed Ticketmaster to use its Fan-to-Fan resale platform, and didn't take any of the other steps artists like Ed Sheeran have taken with Verified Fan.

I think the Citibank thing is also problematic because of the reduced fanclub allotment.  Up through 360, fan club members got four tickets.  In 2001, we got up to six tickets (four tickets for the first U.S. leg, plus two additional tickets for the second U.S. leg).  In 2005, we got up to four tickets (two tickets for the first U.S. leg, plus two additional tickets for the second U.S. leg).  Starting in 2015, they cut that number down to 2.  I'm bothered by two things about this - one is that U2's management has been insisting that it's always been two tickets, and that's just not true - and two is the reason given.  The reason given for the two ticket limit was that there was a lot of demand and that this was the only way to ensure that the maximum number of people had a chance for what they wanted.  That's a worthwhile goal, and if that was true, it would be worth considering.  But how is it that demand is so high and tickets are so scarce that U2 can only promise fans two tickets for the entire tour, but somehow Citibank is able to provide four tickets for each and every show, and that Citibank appears to have had both a great quantity and quality of good seats?  How is it that there are so few tickets that longtime U2.com members (who pay $50 a year for the privilege whether or not there's a tour that year) can't even get a single GA ticket to some of these shows, but that Citibank card holders, who don't have to pay anything, are able to get four GA tickets to as many of the shows as they want to?

I did OK with my (paid) fanclub purchases this time, but I did much better with my (free) Citibank card.  There's something fundamentally wrong with that equation.

So Tracy, I agree wholeheartedly... if the Verified Fan thing happened, if some of us had trouble getting the tickets we wanted, but we looked on here the next day and saw that most people got what they wanted, and that few or no tickets were listed on places like Stubhub, I think most of us would accept that.  But when a lot of people here had trouble, but business is booming on Stubhub, and Citi card members can buy four tickets to each and every show, it just feels like something has gone seriously wrong.

On 12/2/2017 at 12:20 PM, Manos73 said:

I paid $50 bucks for the chance to roll the dice and maybe get good tickets. It took me 30 minutes of the site crashing to finally be offered $300 tickets. The apology from the fan club was a set of dates that would require me to travel hundreds of miles and spend even more money on hotels. Great, thanks. The fan club for tickets is almost a form of gambling illegal in my state. I can't think of any big tour act that treats their fans this way. I can't afford to be a fan of the richest band in the world.

How do you know they are the richest band in the world?  If it was in some magazine that gets rich off selling lists of the richest...shred it, would be my advice.  Yes, they are rich but so are many other people who are literally destroying our environment getting rich.  This is rock and roll.  Artists who get successful get rich.  It is an easy pop shot to go after them.  This band stands for much, much more.

I'm sorry you did not get what you wanted in the presale.  I really am sorry.  However, if you paid $50 for a chance to get seats in a presale, then that is the chance you take.  Many of us, including me, have paid to be a member of this fan club since its inception. That was way before the internet.  There is a lot a great stuff on this site.  You have access to all their music and videos.  You get exclusive content.  There is a gift each year.  If you did not get what you wanted in the presale...you were also given a chance for a refund so why are you out $50?  I don't get it.  I'm not being nasty, but a lot of people have paid for years and years and did not get GAs in the presale; myself included. 

As you said, you paid $50 for a chance to, 'roll the dice'.  The fan club is not a form of gambling.  Go into the forums and check them out.  I've met and joke around with a lot of very cool people on this site.  The moderators were all over the presale.  They had a thread for people who had problems.  Any person who posted in that thread was put on a list which went higher up and I saw almost all of those people end up quite satisfied.  The mods were going nonstop. They were answering pms the second set of presales,  and on an individual basis.  They were reading the posts and  replying to many of those on an individual basis.  I know it is incredibly frustrating, but that's how it goes. 

Why take a cheap pop shot at the band?  That is what is irritating.  One could just as easily turn and say, "If it weren't for the people who join at the last minute, there would have been more tickets.".  I'm not saying that.  What I am saying is this is an incredibly complicated situation.  There are no easy answers.

When offered a refund, the consumer gets his or her money back so what is the issue; the money or no tickets?  If it is no tickets-keep checking.  Check every single day.  Check different times during the day.  Check every day from now until the day of the show and I would bet that you will find tickets.  I know, because I do it all the time.  I wish you good luck.  I hope you get great seats or GAs.

GAs were less money this time than they were last tour, as are seats behind the stage.  They are $76 this time and were $95 last time.  Sitting behind the stage is a lot better than you think it is.  There is generally only one section where you cannot see the screen.  The band utilizes the whole venue.  The IE tour is probably the best show I've ever seen and I've seen hundreds upon hundreds of rock shows over the last forty some years.  It was an incredible show.  Keep trying for seats or GAs.  If you are willing to put in the work of checking three or four times a day...I've no doubt something will pop up because they drop tickets all the time, and for every show I've checked.  Good luck.  If all you want are good seats then take the refund and you are out no money.  Either way you break even.

On 12/2/2017 at 11:01 PM, vertigojds said:

. I am also still bothered by the presale limit of 4 for the Citibank section while U2.com members were limited to 2. Don't know that we'll ever have the answers though. 

That is the part that gets me too.  I do not like it when certain people who have certain things get perks, unless those perks are part of that for which they pay.  Last time I checked, it did not say 4 U2 presale tickets on an application to get a Citibank card.  The sad part is that many of those people only go to the show because it's hip to do so. I've had to tell so many credit cart presale people to be quiet at shows it's ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

That is the part that gets me too.  I do not like it when certain people who have certain things get perks, unless those perks are part of that for which they pay.  Last time I checked, it did not say 4 U2 presale tickets on an application to get a Citibank card.  The sad part is that many of those people only go to the show because it's hip to do so. I've had to tell so many credit cart presale people to be quiet at shows it's ridiculous.

I didn't even think about that, but you're absolutely right and I've had the same experience.  Hopefully it won't be a problem at these shows, fingers crossed.

My favorite songs on the new record tend to be the quieter ones, and I'd love to hear them live - hopefully not over people talking.