daviddevaul

Unused subscriber codes/additional dates

I'm assuming the codes we originally received for either Experience or Innocence level presales are still good if not completely used (unused code or only used code to buy 1 ticket) and that we won't be receiving a revised code to replace them this week ahead of the Exp/Inno presale.  Mods, please advise.

9 hours ago, daviddevaul said:

I'm assuming the codes we originally received for either Experience or Innocence level presales are still good if not completely used (unused code or only used code to buy 1 ticket) and that we won't be receiving a revised code to replace them this week ahead of the Exp/Inno presale.  Mods, please advise.

That is what I'm thinking, but it would be good if we received an official reply. So I hope the mods find out and reply to this question.

Agreed. Also is there a separate presale for experience and innocence group. In innocence group I got screwed with no GA tix even allocated to the presale. Hope I get a chance at them. 

I'm so confused....I already did the "set-up" and got a code the first time around...then I got an email saying that because I complained about technical difficulties with the pre-sale I would get first dibs on these new dates.  But then I went on the website and it said registration for the resale ended on Friday.  Well - I didn't register because I registered the first time around???  So I have NO IDEA if I'll get to participate in this presale.  I did not use my code last time - so I'm hoping that code is still valid and a new code won't be issued (which I amy miss out on because I didn't know I had to reregister by Friday).  

Don't worry, as long as you registered the first time, you'll be ok. You don't have to register more than once when it comes to the pre-sale. It is the general sale that requires multiple registrations. 

I'm still lost.

If i used one of my allotted two ticket limit with the original pre-sale, can I use the other for the second pre-sale?

I'm still not sure I want to go both nights in Chicago.

1 hour ago, thegrunter said:

I'm still lost.

If i used one of my allotted two ticket limit with the original pre-sale, can I use the other for the second pre-sale?

I'm still not sure I want to go both nights in Chicago.

yep http://www.u2.com/help (says Montreal but applies to other cites, uses Montreal as an example)

If I did not purchase any tickets in Week 1 OR I only purchased one (1) ticket, may I purchase tickets in Montreal 2?
Yes, you may purchase the remaining balance of your two (2) ticket maximum.

But what of original unused code vs receiving an updated code, John? Should I expect a txt tmw AM or am I good to move forward with the code I received ahead of the first round of subscriber onsales? Typically it has been original code, but with the VF component this tour, I didn't want to simply assume.  Thanks!

13 minutes ago, daviddevaul said:

Email or text?

Same here.  Email.  I was iNNOCENCE in the first round, so maybe they are taking care of us (everyone or only those who called the number?).

4 hours ago, bigwave said:

Both / either should work. 

I was just informed they are doing new codes from U2.com. ???  This lack of information and multiple answers from U2 fan support is a wreck. 

I am in the Experience group and bought only 1 ticket in the first presale.

I was looking to buy a ticket to one of the newly added shows tomorrow.

I have not received a new code. 

I called the u2.com help line and I was told that I should be able to use the original code to buy my second ticket and that they would not be issuing new codes. 

But it sounds like other people are being told they will receive new codes ?

I am also in the Experience group and purchased only one ticket in the first pre-sale. I have not received a new code either and will be looking to purchase another ticket with the code I used last time. It better work, or if we need a new code they better send it. They have not made this clear, but if you called U2.com and they told you to use the code you originally have, then that sounds like it will work that way. 

5 hours ago, daviddevaul said:

But what of original unused code vs receiving an updated code, John? Should I expect a txt tmw AM or am I good to move forward with the code I received ahead of the first round of subscriber onsales? Typically it has been original code, but with the VF component this tour, I didn't want to simply assume.  Thanks!

Obviously if by chance  you receive a new code, use that. If not, you still have the old code. I have not received anything and will be using my old code and hope that is the way it works. 

I got an e-mail from U2.com yesterday : the info is pretty clear , the code mentionned is the same from the first pre-sale

Seven additional shows have been announced for #U2eiTour 2018. The shows will take place in Las Vegas (May 12th), Chicago (May 23rd), Montreal (June 6th), Philadelphia (June 14th), Washington (June 18th), Boston (June 22nd) and New York City (June 26th).

As a long-term and recently Verified Subscriber to U2.com you're part of our eXPERIENCE Group. If you did not use your presale code to buy two tickets in the initial #U2eiTour presales, we're pleased to offer you the chance to take part in the opening day of ticketing presales for these new shows.

Your presale opens tomorrow morning TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 28 (10am) and runs until THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 30 (5pm). (All times are local to city and venue of show.)

This e-mail contains your unique PRESALE ACCESS CODE which will enable you to take part in the presale before tickets go on sale to the general public.

Your code can be used to purchase up to TWO (2) tickets in total for shows on #U2eiTour 2018.

If, for example, you used it buy one ticket in week 1 presales, it will enable you to buy one more this week. If you purchased no tickets in week 1 presales it gives you the chance to buy up to two this week. Once you've purchased two tickets for shows on this tour the code is no longer valid. Codes are audited and a violation of use will lead to cancellation of tickets. (See more below.)

I just used my old Experience code to get a GA for Boston night 2, in less than a minute. I had bought 1 ticket on the first pre-sale. Old code worked just fine.