Sign in to follow this  
snorkel

Success in DC

Secured 2 GA tickets for DC this morning with no issues.  I hope everyone else is having success!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, snorkel said:

Secured 2 GA tickets for DC this morning with no issues.  I hope everyone else is having success!

Tips please for tomorrow!

Did you log in early to go into waiting room or just log in at 10:

App or desktop better

What worked best to bring up GA -- hit the link for GA, the price, or Best Available.?

Thanks!

So first let me just say today’s sale went super smoothly and no gymnastics were necessary. 

But, since you asked, this was my setup:

2 web browsers: 

Browser 1 I logged into ticketmaster.com and U2.com and went to the tickets page linked to from the U2.com tours page. 

Browser 2 I went straight to Ticketmaster.com and navigated to the show page where I got the countdown. I believe that is what people mean by “waiting room”

I also had the Ticketmaster app on my smartphone open and sitting at the U2 tour page waiting to select for DC show 2. 

At 10am the countdown Ticketmaster page on browser 2 started loading.  While it was loading I started refreshing Browser 1 trying to get it to show that tickets were now available. I also tapped the DC show in the Ticketmaster app. Basically I was racing  the different options to see which would load first. 

The countdown page on Browser 2 came up first so I selected 2 tickets, ticket type Experience (pasted in the code), and selected GA standing room only and hit search. It immediately brought up 2 GA tickets. 

I was through the checkout before the Ticketmaster app on my phone had even loaded. 

2 hours ago, snorkel said:

So first let me just say today’s sale went super smoothly and no gymnastics were necessary. 

But, since you asked, this was my setup:

2 web browsers: 

Browser 1 I logged into ticketmaster.com and U2.com and went to the tickets page linked to from the U2.com tours page. 

Browser 2 I went straight to Ticketmaster.com and navigated to the show page where I got the countdown. I believe that is what people mean by “waiting room”

I also had the Ticketmaster app on my smartphone open and sitting at the U2 tour page waiting to select for DC show 2. 

At 10am the countdown Ticketmaster page on browser 2 started loading.  While it was loading I started refreshing Browser 1 trying to get it to show that tickets were now available. I also tapped the DC show in the Ticketmaster app. Basically I was racing  the different options to see which would load first. 

The countdown page on Browser 2 came up first so I selected 2 tickets, ticket type Experience (pasted in the code), and selected GA standing room only and hit search. It immediately brought up 2 GA tickets. 

I was through the checkout before the Ticketmaster app on my phone had even loaded. 

Surprisingly, I scored a GA ticket in the pre-sale after my access code did not work for Philadelphia. But I got in kind of late because of the failure of the code in Philadelphia. I got in at 10:05 AM and they still had GA and I snagged one. So except for the Philadelphia snafu I successfully purchased GA tickets to two different shows, the first in the Pre-sale two weeks ago for the first Philadelphia show and the 2nd for the 2nd Washington D.C. show.