Sign in to follow this  
STING

Pre-sale Code failure in Philadelphia

My pre-sale code used to buy one ticket two weeks ago did not work this morning in buying a ticket for Philadelphia. I tried multiple times, but every time I entered the access code it told me my code was no longer valid or was already used up. After about 5 minutes I decided to try for Washington D.C. to see if the same thing would happen. It worked like it should for D.C. and I was able to get one general admission for Washington D.C.. So this was a problem with the Philadelphia show where ticketmaster transfers you to the Wells Fargo website to buy tickets. I imagine there are probably a lot of angry people right now with regards to the Philadelphia show!

I tried to buy 4 tickets for Philly in the first Citi presale. I bought one pair but when I tried to use my code for another pair, it wouldn't let me back in. 

they updated the http://www.u2.com/tour

If I did not purchase any tickets in Week 1 OR I only purchased one (1) ticket, may I purchase tickets in recently added shows?
Yes, you may purchase the remaining balance of your two (2) ticket maximum. (UPDATE – Philadelphia is the exception. If you purchase just 1 ticket in a single transaction your code will be marked as used, so you cannot purchase a 2nd ticket in a new transaction. Please be aware and plan to purchase accordingly.)

8 hours ago, bigwave said:

they updated the http://www.u2.com/tour

If I did not purchase any tickets in Week 1 OR I only purchased one (1) ticket, may I purchase tickets in recently added shows?
Yes, you may purchase the remaining balance of your two (2) ticket maximum. (UPDATE – Philadelphia is the exception. If you purchase just 1 ticket in a single transaction your code will be marked as used, so you cannot purchase a 2nd ticket in a new transaction. Please be aware and plan to purchase accordingly.)

I'm not seeing any update. In addition, I received an E-mail from U2.com at 4:47 AM, just under 5 hours before pre-sales were to start and there was NO MENTION of Philadelphia at all! So U2.com definitely screwed this one up for some people. I quickly changed plans after five minutes though and was able to get a GA ticket for the Washington D.C. show, so for me despite the complications I was successful. But I think there were other people who either did not have that option, were not lucky, an may still have a code with one ticket purchase left on it. 

4 hours ago, STING said:

I'm not seeing any update. In addition, I received an E-mail from U2.com at 4:47 AM, just under 5 hours before pre-sales were to start and there was NO MENTION of Philadelphia at all! So U2.com definitely screwed this one up for some people. I quickly changed plans after five minutes though and was able to get a GA ticket for the Washington D.C. show, so for me despite the complications I was successful. But I think there were other people who either did not have that option, were not lucky, an may still have a code with one ticket purchase left on it. 

philadelphia Update.png

On 11/29/2017 at 4:15 AM, Max Tsukino said:

philadelphia Update.png

Ok, When was that UPDATE made and how were potential buyers informed of that prior to the pre-sale? What would have prompted people to go to the HELP page just prior to buying tickets on Tuesday? Where besides the HELP page is this UPDATE listed? I received an E-mail the day of the Pre-sale saying that I had one ticket option left on my access code and that I could buy a ticket in the pre-sales. It said NOTHING about any restrictions for Philadelphia.