Sign in to follow this  
jerry51

Citi Presale - used different card by accident

I searched, but couldn't find other posts regarding this issue.

I used my Citi presale code today to access tickets but then forgot to use my citibank card to checkout. I used the other card that was already on file in my account instead by accident.  I received a purchase confirmation for the tickets, but I don't know if they'll end up cancelling the sale now. I tried calling the venue about it (managed by comcast, not TM) but all that the call center did was confirm the ticket purchase as of now.

Does anyone have experience with Citi presale ticket purchases getting cancelled (or not) due to an issue like this? 

I did the same thing during the Foo Fighters Capital One presale. That was weeks ago and the charge was finalized and I never heard anything. Looks like it’s not a problem. 

Edited by james busick

That's really interesting that it would let you purchase the tickets.  I have several credit cards on my Ticketmaster account, but when I went to checkout during the Citi presale, it would only show me the Citi card as an option.  (It didn't allow me the choice of using other saved cards that weren't from Citi.)  I assumed everyone's checkout process would be similar.