gman70

Where are my SoE Pre=Orders?

still waiting here (UK).....pre-ordered deluxe via U2.com. No email to inform me when to expect it. It's been out 2 full days now in UK, tomorrow is Sunday so I won't receive it then, meaning IF it comes Monday that's four days after release...for my pre-order :-(

Deluxe CD X2 in our letter box today in Bassens 33 .... after our long trip to britanny & Brocéliande & La rochelle ............. Happy B Day Chrissie !!!!!!!!!

I haven't heard the new album yet. 

I pre-ordered the "Songs Of Experience Extra Deluxe Boxset + Photo Grey T-Shirt" - which is in West Virginia awaiting shipment. (Expected arrival - Wednesday, December 6th.)

I also have 2 CDs coming from Ticket"master" - expected arrival December 7th.

Very frustrating indeed.

1 hour ago, Edge Of The Heart said:

Another frustrated fan here.

• Like 1

Same experience for me (in the UK). Pre-ordered at extra expense thinking I'd get a better service from the official band site, but no. Band management should take a hard look at how the fans are being treated here.

I made a similar mistake ordering the recently released Sting live blu ray from the official site - it took them a week to ship it. I asked to cancel the order, but they couldn't even manage that as there was a delay contacting the warehouse which meant the disc got shipped. The Sting official store is also run by Live Nation... They're a money grabbing joke, with absolutely no comprehension what customer service is.

2 hours ago, allyson2008 said:

also have 2 CDs coming from Ticket"master" - expected arrival December 7th.

Did you actually get a confirmation for those. I haven't heard from TM in any way other than the confirming my address for them. Nothing since.

An update: just received my shipping confirmation from Ticketmaster. So my wait will hopefully end next week.  Also, apparently if you buy the new album on Amazon you DO NOT get a download with purchase.  I can only think that the band does not want Amazon giving away free downloads even if you buy the album.  Funny thought SOI was dumped into everyone's iTunes, but now U2 are making sure SOE only gets there IF you really want it there.

• Like 1

I am glad to see that my U2 Songs of Experience disc will ship this Monday, December 4th. 

That being said, it is disappointing that not only did it not arrive at my home in time for the December 1st release date but that it's shipping 3 days late and arriving probably somewhere between 6-8 days late. 

It would be superior customer service to follow the practice of shipping prior to the release date and then having it arrive by the actual release date or a day or two early. 

I'd be a little more forgiving but I know individuals who preordered through Amazon and had it arrive on either November 30th or December 1st. Amazon got it right and they're not the official U2 shop. 

Based on this, my business would go to them in the future.

Now perhaps if you offered an included digital download of the album on the release date (as a free perk of ordering a physical copy), this whole situation would be a little less distasteful. 

Anyway, sorry to complain but I'm definitely disappointed that I'll have to wait so long for the album to arrive, all things considered. 

Sincerely,
Mark Johnston 
  • Like 1

I'm also very disappointed SOE CD didn't arrive yet.I ordered mine weeks ago from U2.com.Won't make that mistake again.

Regards 

Paddy Woods.

Always order through U2.com and my copy has usually delivered day before release but nothing yet this time. Ordered delux version with sweatshirt so half expected a delay and bought ordinary CD from Tesco’s Friday morning so I could have a copy in the car anyway too. Fingers crosssed my delux package will arrive Monday or Tuesday. Love the album and is a really enjoyable listen not a poor track on it in my opinion. 

Received the album + tshirt package yesterday - USA. Oddly there are two extra LP sleeves inside the packaging. 

Still no sign of my vinyl order here in the UK. Have now ordered from somewhere else so the u2.com one will be going back when/if it arrives.

4 days in mine still hasn't arrived 

this always happenes from the u2 shop next time I'll make a 30 mile round trip to a hmv 

poor show from u2 shop 

Still waiting for my Vinyl copy of the album. Lesson learnt....DONT ORDER THROUGH U2,com

10 minutes ago, gman70 said:

Still waiting for my Vinyl copy of the album. Lesson learnt....DONT ORDER THROUGH U2,com

...me too. Just sent them an indignant message over there at Live Nation. I’m sure they’re deeply concerned having had my money for over a month and probably making more money than I earn a year in interest in that time. ..It’s the little things....

The money should not be taken from peoples accounts until the items are ready to ship. They have my money....i have nothing!

8 minutes ago, gman70 said:

The money should not be taken from peoples accounts until the items are ready to ship. They have my money....i have nothing!

Yeah, I checked my account and it was taken November 1st. An email would at least be something.

Edited by mcmastermike77

Hello. Ordered the Deluxe LP Box Set from U2.com on 14 Nov. Tracking said ‘Royal Mail Parcel Service’ on 30 Nov. As of evening on 4 Dec still not received. I’m in London. Have just emailed U2.com / Fanfire. Can see other people are having problems - has anyone else in the UK with issues received an answer from U2.com / Fanfire? Just so disappointing - again.

Thanks,

Paul 

I feel i was mislead into buying the album. I thought by pre-ordering the album, it would mean i would at least, receive the album on the day of release. Its now 4 days since release and no sign of my vinyl

3 minutes ago, paulmaidment said:

Hello. Ordered the Deluxe LP Box Set from U2.com on 14 Nov. Tracking said ‘Royal Mail Parcel Service’ on 30 Nov. As of evening on 4 Dec still not received. I’m in London. Have just emailed U2.com / Fanfire. Can see other people are having problems - has anyone else in the UK with issues received an answer from U2.com / Fanfire? Just so disappointing - again.

Thanks,

Paul 

Exactly the same as me, Paul. Nothing yet though. And as gman70 says, feel misled. Loving all the pictures of everyone with their beautiful blue vinyl though! You know, just to rub it in! 

Edited by mcmastermike77
Typo

It’s just grim. I don’t expect special treatment as a long term subscriber etc (thought it would be nice) but I do expect to get a new album on release date. Ho hum (am really enjoying the record though - consistently good but not enough ‘great’ tunes yet but only 10 or so listens so far) 

Agree completely. I waited in all day Friday for it to arrive because I was convinced it would arrive on the 1st. I don’t suppose there is anything that can be done about it now. It could actually be on its way and maybe it’s Royal Mail that are delayed?? Wouldn’t know though, as I have no tracking number. Keep me posted though. Would love to know when other people receive theirs. 

I have only received the CD today no t-shirt which was part of the bundle, maybe they are waiting for beautiful day for delivering it.

Live Nation have my hard earned money since the 3rd of November this is an appalling way to treat U2 fans who pre-ordered expecting a much more preferred service from U2 agents directly 

U2 management if you areading this please email for comment

Thank you

BTW “Love is all we have left” & “summer of Love” are cracking tunes

I will now not receive it until the 20th December and the customer service has been appalling.

Could U2 really not handle a lot of this themselves, as in days of yore?