gman70

Where are my SoE Pre=Orders?

When I first spoke with Live Nation they were adamant no money would be taken until it had shipped, but it was taken at time of order.

Anyway, I ordered a copy from Record Store and it arrived next day, just by first class mail, so that excuse can't be used with the U2.com copy. Anyway, top service from Record Store.

I'm sure the return and refund process for my U2 order will be smooth ;)

Edited by ascender

Day 5 now and still no sign of the Vinyl. Can anyone tell me the contact number for the u2 store, if calling from the UK? I want to cancel the order, which im well within my rights to do.

I tried dialling the number, as shown on contact page, but my phone says it cant connect the call. I NEVER call international so when it says to dial +1 (and then the resot of the number) im not actually sure if your meant to include the number 1. But i tried calling every which way, but it wont connect me. Any ideas? I want to cancel the rest of the order and get refunded

36 minutes ago, gman70 said:

I tried dialling the number, as shown on contact page, but my phone says it cant connect the call. I NEVER call international so when it says to dial +1 (and then the resot of the number) im not actually sure if your meant to include the number 1. But i tried calling every which way, but it wont connect me. Any ideas? I want to cancel the rest of the order and get refunded

I tried this last week... The international number doesn't seem to work.

You can call the US number, just prefix it with 00 and then 1... then the 800 number.

I spent nearly 30 minutes on the phone to them last week (mostly on hold) and it got me nowhere. Their email help seems to be as good an option as anywhere to be honest - I'm getting timely replies to each one I send now.

Edited by ascender

Thanks ascender. I did actually send them an email, stating i wanted my money for the vinyl refunded, as is my right. Lets see how well this goes. Being u2.con....i fully expect them to make a pigs ear of it!

I've mailed asking the same, but if its not been sent by a courier, the Royal Mail won't consider it lost until something like 6 weeks from date of sending. I suspect our LPs will turn up any day from tomorrow and we'll either have to keep them or send 'em back.

This is where it gets confusing. I ordered the Deluxe CD AND the Vinyl. Only the CD has arrived. No word if the Vinyl has shipped. So if its not been shipped, they can issue a refund immediately..

Maybe the album pre-order is a lottery just like the tickets.

"Pre-ordering an album does not guarantee that you will receive an album."

They learned NOTHING from the JT pre-order disaster earlier this year. NOTHING!

Edited by CorkVegan
JT rant added.
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, gman70 said:

This is where it gets confusing. I ordered the Deluxe CD AND the Vinyl. Only the CD has arrived. No word if the Vinyl has shipped. So if its not been shipped, they can issue a refund immediately..

My vinyl shipped on the 30th November apparently, but that can't be from the UK as I've had other things arrive since then which were ordered after.

1 hour ago, ascender said:

My vinyl shipped on the 30th November apparently, but that can't be from the UK as I've had other things arrive since then which were ordered after.

My order said it was shipped on 30th Nov also. It didnt stipulate what exactly was shipped. Thus far, i have only received half my order

I've still not received mine. I sent an email yesterday using their online form but haven't got a reply to that yet :(

Nope - I preordered the Super Deluxe LP set and as of yet (Tuesday 5th) it still hasn't arrived. Could have bought it in the local shop on Friday. Reckon I'll do that next time.

I've still not received mine ... I'm also in the U.K. (I also work for Royal Mail and as far as I'm aware there is no real backlog that's unusual for December ... as expected we fell a bit behind over Black Friday but now we're on track again) ... I've emailed Live Nation twice and I've had no response ... Very disappointed.

I ordered the "Songs of Experience Extra Deluxe Boxset" on November 14th!!! When asked about my missing order I received this response:

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Live Nation Merchandise. We apologize for the inconvenience and delay as your merchandise seems to been misplaced in shipment. We can refund your order or refund you at this time.
If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Tabitha C
Wow! Just......Wow.

Dear U2 Merch Team

its all well and good sending me these emails advertising your products ... how about you concentrate on getting the new album I ordered a month ago to me. Or replying to your emails. 

I paid extra to pre-order the album via U2.com and postage ... I could've ordered it cheaper and received it on time if I used Amazon (free postage too) or walked to my local store.

With the tour ticket fiasco you seem to be pissing off your most loyal and understanding of fans these days.

IMG_2760.PNG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Meanwhile I keep getting emails from them telling me they have SOE available to buy. They’re actively trolling me. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theyallayallas said:

Just this ... gobsmacked!!!!

IMG_2761.PNG

HA! I did "Express"!

Still waiting. See my post for what they told me.

It's amazing .. the litany of excuses ... In my case ... Ok I ordered standard delivery and the wording on standard delivery read "will ship to arrive around street date 1st December" ... which I still expect 1st December but it could be the 2nd or 4th. But why would any right minded fan pre-order an album a month before release date and expect to it arrive anywhere up to 10-11 days after release. Fans want the record on day 1. Besides it was shipped via Royal Mail on 30th November. All of our products posted on that day would've had roughly a 99.0% (our latest Quality Of Service results against a target of 98.5%) chance of being delivered by the 4th December. 

I cannot believe Live Nation would blame the customer in this scenario. At least try blame the mail carrier.

I called the U2 shop and they are less than helpful. No download possible in the meantime or anything. Utterly ridiculous. They are a disservice to U2 and their fans. Not to mention the products and clothing are generally very generic / cheaply made. I will not be "pre-ordering" from their site again. I also ordered a shirt during the Joshua Tree tour which never arrived. Apparently their FanFire store sells product that is out of stock, as I found out with that shirt and most of the other items I ordered from them were also out of stock and had a delay in shipping (months). First you have to wait until they get it in stock and inventory it all. It's just a bad company handling this stuff. Obviously it is of little concern to the band and their management, otherwise they would be doing something to help us waiting fans (the day or day after release). I complained to U2.com and their store but no one cares. I need to take a patience management class or something. I'm done complaining for now. I will end up starting to hate U2 if I don't just take a step back now.     

The response I got was "I checked the status of your order items were sent out between 11/19/2017 and 11/30/2017. With being International Shipping it should take 8-24 days for delivery not including weekends or holidays."  The 19th was when I ordered it, and I assume the 30th was when it was actually sent.  8-24 days?!?  What a shambles!

It’s just grim. I don’t expect special treatment as a long term subscriber etc (thought it would be nice) but I do expect to get a new album on release date. Ho hum (am really enjoying the record though - consistently good but not enough ‘great’ tunes yet but only 10 or so listens so far) 

Following on - got this earlier - just hopeless. 

Hello,
I apologize, we are not provided tracking on International Orders. Delivery can take up to 7 business Days from the shipped on date. The anticipated delivery is on or before end of day 12/11/2017. Please contact us at that time to report non delivery if the order has not arrived.
Thank you for choosing Live Nation Merchandise.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Still waiting for my extra deluxe box set here in the UK. I did use the contact form on U2.com to request tracking details of the order which had (supposedly) shipped via Royal Mail on 30th November. The response told me that the package was shipped on the 30th November. Really? Who trains these clowns? don't they understand English? I know the order shipped on 30/11 (note the correct date is 30/11 - not 11/30!). It says it on the order status. Wheres the tracking information I requested? I've requested tracking details again and will keep doing so. Pretty shabby service being used here if tracking isn't available - I checked and the shipping costs were £12 - what am I getting for that?! Last time I'm using this cowboy outfit for cds. 

Hi guys,

i received an email last night to say that my vinyl will be with me by the end of the day on 12th December as it was shipped on the 30th November. They couldn’t send tracking codes for international orders. I’m in the uk. Just thought you should know. 

Mike