gman70

Where are my SoE Pre=Orders?

I received a reply yesterday:

Thank you for choosing Live Nation Merchandise. Please allow 6 to 10 business days from the time of shipment for delivery. Your order shipped from our UK warehouse with Royal Mail Parcel Service.

which means they want me to wait until December 14th before they will even think about doing anything about it

Edited by joeyanne

Mine has arrived now as well. Normal delivery = 2nd class which is a bit of a cheap copout Live Nation. As I've said before, other much smaller fan stores and normal record shops do 1st class delivery for that price.

Its going back tomorrow.

• Like 1

Still not received mine ... :( ... very very unhappy .... by pre-ordering the album you'd expect to get it on release day or thereabouts ... My friend at work ordered it through amazon and he received his the day before the official release, 

It's took the shine off receiving the album in all honesty. I was excited and now I'm fed up.

7 minutes ago, theyallayallas said:

Still not received mine ... :( ... very very unhappy .... by pre-ordering the album you'd expect to get it on release day or thereabouts ... My friend at work ordered it through amazon and he received his the day before the official release, 

It's took the shine off receiving the album in all honesty. I was excited and now I'm fed up.

I have the same mixed emotions. I wanted to enjoy it and share thoughts with other fans when it came out. A week late kind of takes the excitement out of it for me. It's yesterdays news so to say. But I will still force myself to find bliss in new music from U2. I just love em too much not to.  

At last a glimmer of good news - the Royal Mail have called this afternoon and left a card indicating they have a parcel which is too big for the letterbox. It can be collected tomorrow. I've not ordered anything else of this size so it must be the extra deluxe boxset! We'll see. 

How does a parcel sent from in the UK to an address in the UK take any longer than two to three days? I have ordered records many. many times over the years and never, has it taken 12 days! Absolutely shocking, and like many others have said, I'm just gonna go down to the local record shop next time instead of using the paid up member special service we are meant to get here. Not impressed.

I never received any email or anything about the CD being shipped. i preordered on November 13th.... so I go on the store page to check status then just copy the tracking it has. I might get it tomorrow? I don;t know, theres an estimated delivery of December 6th, i dont know if that is from DHL to USPS or to me aha so weird to get an album a week after release... whats the point of preordering

11 minutes ago, Marvgadgie said:

How does a parcel sent from in the UK to an address in the UK take any longer than two to three days? I have ordered records many. many times over the years and never, has it taken 12 days! Absolutely shocking, and like many others have said, I'm just gonna go down to the local record shop next time instead of using the paid up member special service we are meant to get here. Not impressed.

Sounds to me like UK customers have been fleeced for shipping and they've used the cheapest and nastiest service to actually (eventually) deliver the orders. Tracking would only prove how much time our orders have been kicked around warehouses :angry:

I work for Royal Mail (in one of the biggest Mail Centres) and the slowest service we offer is second class and officially that is delivered within 3 days ... often its advanced to 2 days. It's highly doubtful that all of us dotted around the UK would have all of our items delayed within the system. Highly doubtful. Also we are not currently experiencing any real backlog of mail. Black Friday was busy but we resourced to manage it. Currently Christmas Cards are busy but yet again we're pretty much on top. 

Why I keep getting emails advising me to wait 7-10 days for delivery is beyond me. 

...it would be interesting to know how many people have bought the album twice as a result of it not arriving in the mail on time?... just saying.

• Like 2

seriously, anything involving Live Nation is guaranteed to be a total shambles!!! pre-ordered deluxe box set on 2nd Nov.... INCLUDING £12 shipping cost (TWELVE POUNDS)  money taken from my account on 2nd November. 6th December, no delivery, no response to 3 emails, can order on Amazon right now and have it delivered tomorrow morning FREE OF CHARGE! this is a complete and utter fecking JOKE!!!     U2 get this fecking sorted, your fans are being treated like absolute SH1T

• Like 1

FYI - I re-ordered from AMAZON, after Live Nation (U2.com) failed to deliver. I paid the extra $7.00 USD above Prime.....I got it less than 24 hours after ordering. Amazon can deliver the album faster than Live Nation can respond to an email about your (paid for) missing merchandise. Just saying.....

Live Nation.....may Edge have mercy on your souls!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bjwells said:

FYI - I re-ordered from AMAZON, after Live Nation (U2.com) failed to deliver. I paid the extra $7.00 USD above Prime.....I got it less than 24 hours after ordering. Amazon can deliver the album faster than Live Nation can respond to an email about your (paid for) missing merchandise. Just saying.....

Live Nation.....may Edge have mercy on your souls!

bloody good point...... 72 hour window to get a reply to an email, Amazon can deliver at a fraction of the cost before some clown at Live Nation has even opened their inbox

Tracking has mine scheduled for delivery Sat the 9th. A full 9 days after the release date. Lesson learned, no more pre-ordering. Record store just 2 blocks from me.

my delivery got pushed from dec 5th, then the 8th, and now the 9th.  via DHL...and then via USPS for the final leg, which means probably longer because USPS in my area is crap.  the album has been most likely waiting in a warehouse ready to go, so why couldn't it ship sooner? my free digital copy via ticketmaster is lacking album artwork so that is also disappointing.  

• Like 1

Now got my extra deluxe box set. No t-shirt but on checking I haven't been charged for that (yet). I've opened the box and managed to redeem the download although as mentioned above there are issues retrieving the artwork. All sealed up now and stored away in the packaging along with nearly 40 years of other U2 goodies. No more LN orders for me. 

This is just sad! Why is this such a mess? I am one of the lucky ones, I guess? I live in the US (Texas) and just received my shipment (all of it). Several days late, but I do have it.

This is very frustrating for all of you who are still waiting!

For years now, I've been saying that the U2 community should develop our own software product so that we don't have to deal with Ticket"master" and Live Nation. I'm a technical writer - I'll help with the documentation, FAQ, etc. :)

Like the rest of you, I'm incredibly disappointed by LiveNation's inability to deliver in a timely manner. I have just today had a Royal Mail card regarding an unsuccessful delivery, which I am hoping is my U2 purchase.

Similarly to others, I have only been partly billed for my order, suggesting not everything has been sent yet. For those who have received a partial order, is there any explanation with the part you received? 

2 hours ago, Ryan Bate said:

Like the rest of you, I'm incredibly disappointed by LiveNation's inability to deliver in a timely manner. I have just today had a Royal Mail card regarding an unsuccessful delivery, which I am hoping is my U2 purchase.

Similarly to others, I have only been partly billed for my order, suggesting not everything has been sent yet. For those who have received a partial order, is there any explanation with the part you received? 

No mention of why I've not been billed / received the t-shirt I ordered. There's nothing on the order form received with the boxset to say the t-shirt will follow and LN have made no mention of it in the two rather limited emails I had from them regarding the whereabouts of the boxset. Your guess is as good as mine whats happening - I doubt LN know!

I got mine yesterday. It's nice to have it but as I've been listening to it all week it does feel slightly pointless.

Album arrived - or rather, I collected it from the sorting office. Then when I got home the hoodie had arrived too. So just waiting for a tote bag now.

Looking at how they've broken down the postage between the two items received so far, it looks like they'd always planned to ship under separate covers, which wasn't immediately clear from ordering. Very poor service really.

I just received my box set that I ordered at the beginning of November. Can’t wait to crack it open! Now just waiting for my JT vinyl to arrive.