Tracy M

Digital Download of SOE?

Does anyone know how we are supposed to access our "Free" download that was to come with the purchase of tickets? I have ordered the deluxe version box set but I'm not waiting for that to show up! I was hoping to download the rest of the album today before I went to work. Thought I would wake up to an email or something, but have seen nothing. How does this work with the ticket sales?

Well, I got a teaser of an email this morning from Ticketmaster saying my album was available for download, so I clicked the link and then it just said I'd be notified when it's ready.  Aaargh!!! I need it now!!!

1 minute ago, JCF said:

Well, I got a teaser of an email this morning from Ticketmaster saying my album was available for download, so I clicked the link and then it just said I'd be notified when it's ready.  Aaargh!!! I need it now!!!

Ok, thanks. I noticed my email is sloooowwww this morning so maybe TM is working on it?? Loving the first four songs....want the rest STAT!

When you buy SOE on U2.com, don't you get a digital download of the entire album? I haven't gotten it yet (or the hard copy).

The postal delivery person is still listening to my cd. .

I guess I should have read the fine print of pre-ordering  'will ship to arrive for around street date"

16 hours ago, LuckyTCB said:

When you buy SOE on U2.com, don't you get a digital download of the entire album? I haven't gotten it yet (or the hard copy).

that would be a good solution, in the same boat not had my copy, what's the point buying from U2 shop if they cannot deliver for the added delivery service charge on the day of release or a least offer the download

The simple answer is NO.  Why can't U2.com operate like Amazon??? Get a download of the album (no matter which format you buy) when the album is released so that you can enjoy it while you wait for the physical copy to arrive. I mean we pay enough don't we?  Definitely more than Amazon or a store is charging for the album.  And of course forget the coupon use they won't let us use that for music which I find annoying!!  I bought the deluxe version of SOE off of the website thinking I actually might get good results, but waiting longer, and paying more seems to be the only perks I've gotten so far. This will be the last time I buy music from the band directly. Unless they can improve upon their sub par business model. Ticket issues with the band is one thing, but LN should be able to get me the music faster.  It's getting harder and harder to be a U2 fan when it should be easier and easier. Very frustrated right now, but I am condemned to wait just like you. IF we are lucky we might have the music in our hands before @U2 does their podcast on this album, IF not hopefully by Christmas. UGH!

I received my email to redeem my SOE album since I purchased tickets for their concert. I’ve got two codes since I purchased two tickets. I have the choice to pick a physical or digital copy. Since I have two codes can I pick one each? A physical copy for myself and a digital copy for a friend?

nevermind found the correct thread for this

Edited by carlene13
wrong thread