sthall

Bono's health scare

Does anyone know the details of why Bono's life was hanging on by a thread last Christmas?  He seemed unenergetic when I saw them on tour last August. I guess it was a heart-related incident but I have no proof.  I scoured the Internet and this forum but did not see any details.  If he wants to keep it private, that is fine but some of us may want to know how we can pray for him.  The new album touches on it in trace amounts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sthall said:

Does anyone know the details of why Bono's life was hanging on by a thread last Christmas?  He seemed unenergetic when I saw them on tour last August. I guess it was a heart-related incident but I have no proof.  I scoured the Internet and this forum but did not see any details.  If he wants to keep it private, that is fine but some of us may want to know how we can pray for him.  The new album touches on it in trace amounts.

I don't know what to tell you, but I've had a couple of health scares myself and they're no fun.

19 hours ago, sthall said:

It is interesting you made a specific post on Bono's health, because I've been plagued by the same thoughts.

I respect that Bono wants to keep his private life, private.....really I do.....

The media can be vultures and predicate on celebrities when they experience personal difficulties of ANY kind......Misery loves company....

But, U2 fans are a all different breed.....we actually care about Bono/the band on a very intimate level....heck....most of us went through puberty with U2 along our side. Many of us fans have a long term relationship and deep commitment to the band/their music.

I can honestly say I love them.....I love U2 through the amblicial  connection of their music/messages to the world. I would be absolutely devastated if anything happened to Bono, Edge, Larry or Adam(and not in that order). I love each of them for what they contribute....their individual style and how their friendship defines them as a whole.

I pray Bono is really okay.....because I can't image my life without the gift of their music.....

Edited by unforgettableu2
  • Like 1

I'm finding it very difficult to listen to this album after reading what he alludes to in the liner notes. It's chilling in the extreme.

• Like 1

I'm always amazed at how little I know about their private lives.  I don't want to know as it's private.  I do hope his scare was just that and has passed.  I had no idea until right now.  I agree that details can be helpful with prayers but never underestimate good intent, a wise man once told me.

All I can say is thank goodness he's still here. So many celebrities died in 2016, that would've just been a horrible way for the year to end.

13 hours ago, Canadanne said:

I'm finding it very difficult to listen to this album after reading what he alludes to in the liner notes. It's chilling in the extreme.

As I.....What alludes in those inner notes.......chilling.....

My exact feelings, Canadanne.......

2 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

All I can say is thank goodness he's still here. So many celebrities died in 2016, that would've just been a horrible way for the year to end.

yes, Thank goodness they are here.....Peter!

I've said this statement since I was very, very young.......

I believe God is using U2 as his instrument.....voice......to humanity.

Babies love U2.....even my Cats love U2(seriously)....

U2's music has a a pacifying, peaceful  and warm effect....there is something very extraordinary about the energy that emits from their unique sound....an aura., that transmits otherworldly.....

God uses U2 with intent and great purpose..... and I don't think God is done.....just YET.....

• Like 1

you can feel what he has been into throughout this album....those lyrics are really breathtaking....thank God,he's still alive and i really hope he will be fit to tour again....let's pray for him and the others too ofcourse!

604005_610038559042686_1883241573_n.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 3:53 AM, peterferris8 said:

Amen because not only is he a talented singer and composer,but a generous spokesperson for many charities!!

On 12/6/2017 at 9:11 AM, illumination70 said:

Amen because not only is he a talented singer and composer,but a generous spokesperson for many charities!!

Yes....Bono puts actions to his words......practicing what he preaches.....so to speak.

On 12/5/2017 at 3:10 PM, u2hl said:

you can feel what he has been into throughout this album....those lyrics are really breathtaking....thank God,he's still alive and i really hope he will be fit to tour again....let's pray for him and the others too ofcourse!

604005_610038559042686_1883241573_n.jpg

U2hl....

You know U2's music is powerful when churches are filled beyond capacity because the house music is not traditional hymns....but they're rocking 'still haven't found what I'm looking for' instead..

Or universities, academics study and analyze their lyrics/music

The church of U2....or should I say theology?

I've never been a religious person so-to-speak(despite raised strict Roman Catholic).....but, U2 has inspired me to be very spiritually aware.....

Isn't that the ultimate goal of God...to reach people with his word?

Edited by unforgettableu2

I'm alw ays thinking about Bono! 

All those dangerous places he goes! He always makes me worried.

But a health scare! That gets me worried and upset.

Bono is such a lovely man with a big heart. I hope he is well and will keep being well.

I can understand to keep it quiet! If the paparazzi find out? It is more likely to sound worse than it is!

And even then Bono has a right to have some privacy.

Something's may be better if they are quiet, it may be something we don't want to hear!

Even if he is fine! If he wants to keep it quiet or private! We should respect that!

May God always be with you Bono.  I will love you always Bono. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :wub: Karen. 

• Like 1