Sign in to follow this  
lipo65

Are all GA tickets created equal ?

I have GA tickets in several cities and it's the first time i've done GA.   Some just say floor and others have row numbers  that say row 1.   did i really purchase front row and if so does that mean i don't have to wait outside the arena for four hours hoping to get up front ?  Tulsa is the only show that doesn't have a row number on the tickets .    oh and boston , the first night ad well.  all my others , atlanta, nashville and MSG claim to be row 1 .   what's the deal ? 

GA is GA ... numbers on the tickets have nothing to do with where you will be for the show. I am sure there is already a “list” in place for whatever city you are going .... ?

Okay, clue me in.  I'm new at this groupie thing.  What is this list you speak of?  Are you gonna tell me young hot chicks only?  Do I get credit for "back in the day?"   Sigh.....

57 minutes ago, lipo65 said:

Okay, clue me in.  I'm new at this groupie thing.  What is this list you speak of?  Are you gonna tell me young hot chicks only?  Do I get credit for "back in the day?"   Sigh.....

It’s a mystery, I am just saying you could be first in line at the venue days in advance clearly the first person there, establishing  your spot and it’s guaranteed someone will roll up much later with a “fan run, list” they claim to be already in place... have all the fun ! 

Edited by hicksong
Grammer
  • Like 1

thank you for patience with  me being a newbie me at all this..   well, only a newbie in terms of attempting to follow my 30 year love of this band .  sentimental for too many reasons to bore you all with and my own 'cosmic rhyme ' with this band ,   I figure i have  one shot next summer to follow them around and  satisfy my bucket list wish of meeting and dancing with them .   how does one get on this fan list ? 

Edited by lipo65
my typing sucks

26 minutes ago, lipo65 said:

thank you for patience with  me being a newbie me all .   well, only a newbie in terms of attempting to follow my 30 year love of this band .  sentimental for too many reasons to bore you all with and my own 'cosmic rhyme ' with this band ,   I figure i have  one shot next summer to follow them around and  satisfy my bucket list wish of meeting and dancing with them .   how does one get on this fan list ? 

I don't know if you are on Facebook, but a lot of the info is shared through various Facebook groups. If you are on Facebook, find the group for the particular show you are attending. There you will find out more about the line as the time nears. Just don't ask about it now. People will get riled up.

okay good to know .  i'm on facebook.    i'm just trying to not look like a kook ! and of course all my tickets I ended up buying through a third party online vendor so it's not like they'll know by my tickets purchased through the web site , live nation or ticket master.    okay here goes ...   wish me luck and i'll take all the pointers you have to share .   

On 12/5/2017 at 6:59 AM, lipo65 said:

For being new at this "Groupie thing", you managed to score a lot of tickets quite expertly. Each venue will have  several "fans" in charge of the queuing process.

I sure did, but after struggling with the pre sale, I just said F it and went to the third party sellers.  I'm making this tour "my thing" next year.  I have cleared my schedule as much as possible and I'm doing it ....    I waited 30 years to do this or be able to and it's probably the only time I'll be able to do this so go big or go home.  Or go to the front of the stage. .  And I would really love to know how to do that.  That's all. 

On 12/5/2017 at 8:54 AM, hicksong said:

It’s a mystery, I am just saying you could be first in line at the venue days in advance clearly the first person there, establishing  your spot and it’s guaranteed someone will roll up much later with a “fan run, list” they claim to be already in place... have all the fun ! 

Quoted for TRUTH.

• Like 2

I hope management steps in and takes some control of the process, similar to how they instituted a random selection for the 2005 Vertigo tour.  The "list" people were out of control in 2015 and 2017, starting fights, being rude to fellow fans, and ignoring instructions being given by the venues.

I don't even care which system they go with for the next tour, but in my opinion, it needs to be one where everyone is playing by the same set of rules.  I don't think it's fair that each venue will send out a list of official rules and instructions for how GA is to be run on their property, and that 2000 people with GA tickets follow those rules, and get screwed by 50 people who decided to come up with a secret handshake on their own.

• Like 1

I have done GA tickets a few times.  It's an amazing experience.  You will discover Facebook groups and Twitter feeds about "the list."   I have never used that process, I've just shown up at the shows.  I walked into MetLife Stadium around 5:30pm and was one person from the rail.  I spent most of the day in Dublin waiting near the stage and by 4pm, was somehow moved further away.  No matter where you are - at the rail, near the soundboards, or somewhere in between - it's an amazing experience.  Don't stress it, just enjoy.

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2017 at 1:30 PM, vertigojds said:

I hope management steps in and takes some control of the process

They won’t