Sign in to follow this  
hicksong

A Thank You.. with concern

Amidst all the backlash of ticket debacles regarding pricing and availability I just want to say thanks for the free CD’s you are giving away for each ticket sold. A nice gesture indeed. I am a GA guy, not hardcore but I prefer to be in that mix., With long term fan club status I was able to get 2 GA for “A” show. Would I like to go to more than 1 show ? Yes absolutely, was I able to get the affordable GA ticket for other shows via general sales ? ... No. could I have paid a very high face value price to see more shows ? ... yes. Did I pull that trigger ? ... No.... anyways, thanks for the the cd’s. I look forward to hearing the new songs. I get that this is a business and that due to the industry trend the money to be made for the Artist is made mostly from the concert machine but with the way prices are going I can’t afford to hang with you as much as I would like to. Looking forward to sitting and vibing the new record. Thoughts ?

Thanks, hicksong :  a fan not made of money 

• Upvote 1

Also I do not find it “Just” that as a long time subscriber and follower that you made me renew well before my time was “up”. I am just saying, as a long time fan, I am here, I support your art, I have displayed this for years, at present your "business practices" are on the verge of losing me.... I don’t find it appealing to have to jump through the “hoop” to prove it, there are plenty of bones out there to be thrown, faithful always, skeptical.....maybe.

Edited by hicksong
thought revision

So, you got 2 GA tix and 2 CDs. I say you made out pretty good. that fact you couldnt get more seats to another show might fall on deaf ears here. There are some fans who couldnt get any tix. The 2 ticket limit is a good thing. It affords more fans the ability to get tickets. The only thing I agree with is that the tickets are expensive. I do understand their thought process. The U2 show, since Zoo TV has alway been about the big picture. The stage. As well as the music.  If this is anything like SOI, the bests seats are about mid level up, center of the arena. Still too expensive though. 

26 minutes ago, nyru2 said:

So, you got 2 GA tix and 2 CDs. I say you made out pretty good. that fact you couldnt get more seats to another show might fall on deaf ears here.

Yeah, I can see how you would get that from my post. I feel fortunate to have gotten the lucky 2. I am not out to complain, i wish everyone could get what they wanted. Somthing has to give with this process though.