On 6/9/2018 at 1:56 PM, varunjay said:

I remember reading their manager's interview recently where he even admitted to being open to the idea of a 30 Year Anniversary tour (their Best Album ever) celebrating 'Achtung baby' which i think will be possible in 2021.

Varunjay, could you please be so kind to provide a link to that interview? That suggestion by the manager would be my biggest wish! A celebration tour of Achtung Baby! Man oh man, that would be the ultimate thrill. I so dearly enjoyed the recent Joshua Tree tour, that I really would be thrilled to see the return of Achtung Baby. Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are my personal U2 favorites. 

I have already mentioned this in the ZOO TV thread on this forum, that these violent political days are perfect for a full blown big stadium ZOO TV tour. U2 was so good at that tour. Just gives me shivers of joy thinking back to those days...

On 6/9/2018 at 7:56 AM, varunjay said:

I remember reading their manager's interview recently where he even admitted to being open to the idea of a 30 Year Anniversary tour (their Best Album ever) celebrating 'Achtung baby' which i think will be possible in 2021.

Of course the manager is open to it. More commission in his pocket. $$$.

Are the band open to it though? 

Just now, CorkVegan said:

Of course the manager is open to it. More commission in his pocket. $$$.

Are the band open to it though? 

I'm of two minds about this idea too.

When I first heard it suggested, I thought, "Well, perhaps, but probably not - they've already done a walk-down-memory-lane tour with JT."

Then, I thought about it more, and it seemed a little less outlandish. IF there is a long break coming up, and IF they wanted to ease back into touring again coming off of the break, this would be an ideal way to do it. You wouldn't need a new album, you would be playing AB in its entirety in order which was never done in the past (like JT), you could still play lots of other songs in addition, there would be demand for such a project among general concert fans, not just U2 devotees like ourselves - it would be a useful way to get back into action again. Do a new album after it's over (or have one pretty much done in advance, like SOE was essentially finished before the JT anniversary).

But, ultimately, who the hell knows? I'm sure the band has no idea right now either.