Sign in to follow this  
travelergirl30

Can U2 Cancel Scalped Tix? Over 3k avail in Philly!

U2.com Zootopia admins, what is the likelihood that U2 and/or Live Nation can track down scalped tickets and cancel them? And put them back into the hands of fans? It seems that despite all the hullaballoo to try to keep tickets out of scalper hands, the big thing that happened was fan frustration. It's disheartening to look on StubHub tonight for GA tickets (I'm feeling a bit desperate after six on-sale attempts in Vegas) and to see the following: "3,277 tickets left" for one of the Philly shows. Over 1,200 for a D.C. show. And the list goes on. That is A LOT of tickets in scalper hands. And that's just on StubHub. Sadly, it seems U2 prevented little during these ticket on-sales except aggravation to fans. :( I'm still a huge fan, and love the new album, and I suppose that's what makes this all the disappointing. Is anything being done on the U2 side?

StubHubScreenShot.jpg

I wonder, was there any restriction on re-sale when the tickets were purchased?

If not, I wouldn't think it was right to cancel them.

(And I say that really hoping they don't, because of ticket limits, I had to buy 4 on stubhub so my kids could go to the show and all sit together.)

2 hours ago, tomschaedler said:

I wonder, was there any restriction on re-sale when the tickets were purchased?

If not, I wouldn't think it was right to cancel them.

(And I say that really hoping they don't, because of ticket limits, I had to buy 4 on stubhub so my kids could go to the show and all sit together.)

Yeah, I guess it would get tricky. I wouldn't think they'd cancel tickets already purchased and no longer on StubHub. You bought them, they're sold and gone. I'm referring to the tickets still available on all the resale sites. 

I don't think they're interested in stopping this.

For instance, on Ticketmaster, they're allowing the Stubhub-like sales with Ticketmaster's "fan to fan resale" - it's the same thing as Stubhub, just on Ticketmaster.  Ticketmaster has said that they only allow this service to be used when the performer gives permission.  There are plenty of artists who do not allow Fan To Fan Resale.  And yet, there it is on U2's Ticketmaster listings. 

So if Ticketmaster says that "fan to fan resale" is only used with the consent of the artist - and U2's management says that U2 wants to eliminate scalping - both of those things can't be true at the same time.  You can't say you're anti-scalping and then allow your tickets to be scalped on Ticketmaster.  So is U2 lying about wanting to stop scalping, or is Ticketmaster lying that the artist decides whether to allow resale on their site?

• Like 1

Ticketmaster Resale is the same as scalping. Live Nation / Ticketmaster and the band seem to be talking out of both sides of their mouthes. How can you promote verified fan and say we are trying to curb scalping but at the same time allow purchasers to resell directly on the ticketmaster site. This is so ridiculous its almost comical. Shame on all parties. Having ticketmaster resell and verified fan for the same shows is a complete joke....

• Like 2

On 12/7/2017 at 12:49 PM, vertigojds said:

I don't think they're interested in stopping this.

For instance, on Ticketmaster, they're allowing the Stubhub-like sales with Ticketmaster's "fan to fan resale" - it's the same thing as Stubhub, just on Ticketmaster.  Ticketmaster has said that they only allow this service to be used when the performer gives permission.  There are plenty of artists who do not allow Fan To Fan Resale.  And yet, there it is on U2's Ticketmaster listings

Sad indeed