will_cullen

No Toronto Shows

Has anyone mentioned that after coming through Toronto on every tour since at least The Unforgettable Fire that U2 is bypassing Toronto in 2018!!!  I'm so glad we've supported U2 as pretty dedicated fans for decades to be ignored!!  To me it's like announcing an American tour where they aren't playing New York City.  Toronto is the fourth largest city in North America, it's not a small market.  I can't figure this out for the life of me.  

It might have something to do with the NHL play-offs. Nothing official though. 

It has nothing to do with hockey, and even so, they could still come on a  2nd leg later in the summer or fall etc. are you sure they are not coming to toronto - i got my subscription renewed and verified with ticketmaster through u2.com membership, thinking when the pre sale started, a toronto show would be listed - am i supposed to wait until toronto is listed? i didn't buy montreal tickets or new jersey/chicago when they went on sale b/c i would rather not travel that far? 

6 hours ago, colelandry said:

It has nothing to do with hockey, and even so, they could still come on a  2nd leg later in the summer or fall etc. are you sure they are not coming to toronto - i got my subscription renewed and verified with ticketmaster through u2.com membership, thinking when the pre sale started, a toronto show would be listed - am i supposed to wait until toronto is listed? i didn't buy montreal tickets or new jersey/chicago when they went on sale b/c i would rather not travel that far? 

As of now, there is no official indication that there will be more dates added other than this current US/CA leg and the upcoming European leg...

You will need to decide, based on the current information, what to do and where to go...

I heard from a reliable source that there are venue holds on the Air Canada Centre that prevented U2 from working Toronto into this leg of the tour.  Most likely the reason for no arena show, as there is no other suitable venue in the proximity other than Copps Coliseum in Hamilton.

They should have played Ottawa though, while they were that close to MTL.  Ottawa is a strong market for them and would be a guaranteed sell out for multiple nights at CTC.

Edited by zooropamofo

If no ACC, then Copps.

hard to believe the Toronto area has been left off this tour, ESP with that bunch of open dates between Atlanta and Montreal.

European Leg just announced and still no Toronto shows! I thought perhaps U2 were waiting to announce Toronto show around the TIFF because they’ve been known to come during that week in the past but with the Euro leg during that time, that is no longer a possibility. I find it difficult to believe they would not come to Toronto. Im thinking there will be added NA dates in winter 2018/2019. I still have my pre-sale code hoping Toronto happens, otherwise it’s going to waste.

I have my pre-sale code still - I'm not crazy about driving to Montreal. And besides, there's only nosebleed seats left. If they don't come to TO, then I guess I'm out the money. Hope they come September etc. Was happy they announced the Europe Leg. Maybe there's hope for another N..A. segment - 

I have a Toronto friend who didn't use her presale code from last year because a Toronto date was not announced.  She just renewed her membership a couple weeks ago.  Is her presale code still good ?  Does she get a new presale code for renewing in 2018 ?  Bottoml line, does she have access to 2 presale tickets from last year and anotehr new 2 tickets presale for 2018 ?

2 hours ago, Snakefish said:

I have a Toronto friend who didn't use her presale code from last year because a Toronto date was not announced.  She just renewed her membership a couple weeks ago.  Is her presale code still good ?  Does she get a new presale code for renewing in 2018 ?  Bottoml line, does she have access to 2 presale tickets from last year and anotehr new 2 tickets presale for 2018 ?

She can find her valid unused presale code on her account page. No, she will not get a 2nd code. 

last year's is no good, only for the josh tree tour - now over

if new places are announced, you'll get a different presale code if you want to use it for that new location - but if no show in TO, and that's the only place you can get to , then you're out the membership fee like me - i thought they would be coming to TO, so I renewed, otherwise i wouldn't have