Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nickford0074

Official U2 clothing quality :(

Is it just me or are the clothing articles from the U2 store / concerts cheap  garbage nowadays or what? I mean, for the price, can't we at least get some Hanes or Fruit of the Loom grade shirts? When I was a kid the material was much better at concerts. The shirts I bought for The Joshua Tree tour and the one that came with the Deluxe SOE bundle are like paper napkins. Not to mention the extremely stretched out collars (the pictures have nice tight, thick collars). I hate complaining but I just find more and more reasons to bitch about the level of service U2 fans are getting. From album pre-orders being a week or more late, to ticket pre-sale / membership renewal fiascoes, to poor quality merch... I'm really starting to wonder. This is the best band in the world. Why are we not treated like the greatest fans in the world? I'm having a really hard time getting into the new album. I think it's because I'm jaded by all of this. Im usually happier in life around the time a new U2 album comes out. This time is different for me. 

I agree 100%.  The hoodies from Vertigo and before stood, like the test of time.  And the hats seem to lose their durability  after a few wears.  It feels like they want to farm it out to someone and put out more material, I usually buy one of each, and doubles of something I'll wear, everything I put it away.  I'm glad you brought this up.